02-04-15 10:36 PM
169 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Why is this news? Really don't care what they use for twitter as long as they tweet the right things.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:28 AM
    Why is this news? Really don't care what they use for twitter as long as they tweet the right things.

Posted via CB10
    The Verge's article has notched up 1181 retweets. Clearly a lot of people think this is rather significant.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:33 AM
    The Verge's article has notched up 1181 retweets. Clearly a lot of people think this is rather significant.

Posted via CB10
    Still don't care. If they don't use a mobile device they will use a computer and that will either be windows or a mac right? So why is it such a huge issue when it comes to a mobile device? Nowadays many people have multiple devices. In my opinion they should not have deleted the tweet, that makes it worse.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:45 AM
    There was a collective meltdown when Alicia Keys tweeted from her iPhone. There was great agitation when Kevin got an iPhone. Those of us who use iPhones are routinely tar and feathered.
    This is serious stuff. Phone loyalty is of higher precedence than marriage. Western civilization will crumble.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-14-15 01:54 AM
    Someone needs to be fired! This is unacceptable

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:54 AM
    Poor guy though. I know what it's like to mess up big time at work haha

Hope he's okay that feeling won't go away anytime soon

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:55 AM
    You guys are stretching it. When it came out that the CEO of Google uses a BlackBerry, there were maybe 2 or 3 threads tops on it (not "hundreds") and they grew at half the rate of this one. And the CEO of the company that makes Android using a competitor product on a daily basis is a MUCH bigger deal than one misguided tweet.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Not only was it discussed heavily, Blaze wrote a blog post about it. It's still referenced in here all the time that he still has a Blackberry.
    01-14-15 05:43 AM
    What dumb move by BlackBerry...they deserve the jokes and criticism...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:35 AM
    Hasn't the BBM Twitter account and Jeff Gadway been using an iPhone and Android devices for a long time now to tweet.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:52 AM
    Really? You don't think using a competitor's product to advertise your own is note worthy? Regardless of what blackberry employees use as their personal device I think everyone can agree it looks very strange and will get attention.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    01-14-15 08:03 AM
    unacceptable. someone from Blackberry needs to take responsibility for this.
    01-14-15 08:19 AM
    If anyone needs a good morning laugh, come to this thread. Some of these post are hilarious

Posted from my iPhone 6 Plus\BlackBerry Passport combo. BOOM!
    01-14-15 08:34 AM
    Whats the big deal? I remember when one of the old CEO's said they'd never used an iPhone and got a ton of **** for it, now BB get grief for actually using one? And those calling for head to roll should be ashamed of themselves.
    Last edited by xandermac; 01-14-15 at 08:58 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-14-15 08:45 AM
    Do all GM employees own a GM? No.

Do all Ford employees own a Ford? No.

So don't tell me that there aren't any BlackBerry employees that don't own an iPhone.

This forum is getting paranoid and dumb.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard of contractors being terminated an engagement at a local cell phone carrier if they were seen using an iPhone, which they didn't offer. I believe the same was expected of employees.
    01-14-15 09:01 AM
    I'm sorry......but if I sent an employee to promote something, and they used a competitor to do it, that employee wouldn't work for me anymore

yes.....I'd fire you for it. If Blackberry's employees didn't learn it last time they goofed on social media , they would this time.

Totally stupid of an employee at a tech company not to have known better.
    01-14-15 09:08 AM
    what is worse than tweeting from an iPhone is how google search keeps this stupid story alive. Type BlackBerry in google search and the second or third result that comes up is BlackBerry tweeting from an iPhone and then every other result after that will be this same stupid story. The week before it was the dumb story about the woman who tried but couldn't leave her iPhone for Blackberry. Surely there is more BlackBerry news out there than this story.
    01-14-15 09:17 AM
    What dumb move by BlackBerry...they deserve the jokes and criticism...

Posted via CB10
    Well, I bet the individual who tweeted is probably not having a good day today....

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:21 AM
    Really? You don't think using a competitor's product to advertise your own is note worthy? Regardless of what blackberry employees use as their personal device I think everyone can agree it looks very strange and will get attention.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    I think it sends the message (however unintentional) that even they don't believe in their product.

I agree they should be highly familiar about what competitive devices are doing but be intelligent about it and don't do it in such a visible way.

It would be like executives at one of their launch events checking their iPhones while the press is taking photos.

#commonsense

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:23 AM
    BBM is cross platform right?
    Maybe the guy has to try BBM version on other devices and tweeted from his iphone because it was the one he was using at the moment.
    No big deal.
    From now on i bet Blackberry will be very careful and only use their own devices for that kind of communication.
    01-14-15 10:03 AM
    Lovely... what a genius. I could care less what phone anyone uses. If you like iPhone but have a job and support another phone developer, go for it... just don't do things like this. Although it means nothing, people take it and use it for ammunition, especially when BlackBerry is in a fragile state. Way to go...

Posted via CB10
    CarbonKevin and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    01-14-15 10:04 AM
    This shouldn't have happened. There isn't a reason for it. If i were Chen, I would give them free BB's or let them buy BB's at a discount with the disclaimer that all BB business be done on BB's. There should be no iPhone usage at BB HQ with regard to public BB business. This also goes for any outside marketing firms. It should be stated in the contract that "all relevant public information be released from either a Blackberry device or a computer and not through any other smartphone." It's so easy to write that kind of language. Someone just needed to have some foresight.

Someone messed up and i hope that they sincerely apologized and kept their job.

Steve Jobs would have flipped out and fired an entire marketing department if this happened at Apple.
    Last edited by emanuel0ss0; 01-14-15 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typ0
    BBVegasGirl80 and 1raygin like this.
    01-14-15 10:06 AM
    I remember when one of the old CEO's said they'd never used an iPhone
    Did they actually say that or is that an urban myth like them "not wanting to ever put a camera on a phone, even though the iPhone had one"?
    01-14-15 10:25 AM
    . There should be no iPhone usage at BB HQ with regard to public BB business.
    Don't agree fully there. They need to use it when they show their software on it (BBM, Blend, BES), or how their devices work in comparison to it.

But yeah, something like Twitter is just ridiculous.

As I said above, I bet you the most embarrassed person in that company is the person who made the mistake.Probably a rank and file person who made a gaff that John Chen himself sees.
    01-14-15 10:27 AM
    BBM is cross platform right?
    Maybe the guy has to try BBM version on other devices and tweeted from his iphone because it was the one he was using at the moment.
    No big deal.
    From now on i bet Blackberry will be very careful and only use their own devices for that kind of communication.
    This tweet came from someone in MARKETING. Their job is marketing for BlackBerry. The tweet was specifically marketing the BlackBerry Classic. THEIR JOB IS TO MARKET BLACKBERRY DEVICES. What this individual did is the opposite of marketing BlackBerry devices - they harmed the effort to market BlackBerry devices.

No, the person doesn't have to try BBM on offer devices. They work in marketing. Not software engineering/QA. Marketing.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:44 AM
    what is worse than tweeting from an iPhone is how google search keeps this stupid story alive. Type BlackBerry in google search and the second or third result that comes up is BlackBerry tweeting from an iPhone and then every other result after that will be this same stupid story. The week before it was the dumb story about the woman who tried but couldn't leave her iPhone for Blackberry. Surely there is more BlackBerry news out there than this story.
    And bing and...,,,,
    01-14-15 10:45 AM
169 ... 23456 ...