02-04-15 09:36 PM
169 12345 ...
tools
    I can't be leave you actually think this.

BlackBerry hates America!
    What don't you understand? The "cross platform" is in quotation marks meaning I have used those words liberally as in, BlackBerry does not only support blackberry things. Therefore, it should not be unusual for BlackBerry employees to carry and use other phones on different platforms so they can have thorough understanding of how the other platforms operate.
    jrobertson73 likes this.
    01-13-15 07:05 PM
    I don't get it. For me it is so clear. The person that tweeted with the iPhone did this because that was the only option. Let me explain:

Let me take a picture of my blackberry classic, mmh crap only have an iPhone, a well let's take the picture. Mmh, crap how do I transfer the picture back to my BlackBerry? Sjees, aaaargh, a well, that won't work, I will have to post it using the iPhone.
    You can text/email it to the other phone

emPowered by 
    01-13-15 07:15 PM
    A recovery could have been... "Yes, tweeted from an iPhone we have lying around for BBM testing." Perhaps another time, tweet from an Android or Windows Phone; that way, it looks pretty usual for BlackBerry to be tweeting from a multitude of devices.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-13-15 07:32 PM
    Why pull it if it was any of these scenarios? Evidently they didn't like it enough to remove it.
    01-13-15 07:35 PM
    Rather interesting. Even more so, why was someone checking where BlackBerry or anyone else tweets from in the first place? Merely trying to 'catch' someone out. Honestly...
    01-13-15 07:42 PM
    Rather interesting. Even more so, why was someone checking where BlackBerry or anyone else tweets from in the first place? Merely trying to 'catch' someone out. Honestly...
    It isn't a matter of checking. Most twitter apps say where tweets were posted from; it's abundantly obvious.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:10 PM
    Oh my...

Posted from a D618
    01-13-15 08:15 PM
    It isn't a matter of checking. Most twitter apps say where tweets were posted from; it's abundantly obvious.

Posted via CB10
    Most Twitter clients with huge market share don't but the fact that some still do is what makes it obvious and more noticeable.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-13-15 08:23 PM
    lmao this is not a good look. I hope the person who tweeted that didn't lose their job.
    01-13-15 08:43 PM
    I don't get it. For me it is so clear. The person that tweeted with the iPhone did this because that was the only option. Let me explain:

Let me take a picture of my blackberry classic, mmh crap only have an iPhone, a well let's take the picture. Mmh, crap how do I transfer the picture back to my BlackBerry? Sjees, aaaargh, a well, that won't work, I will have to post it using the iPhone.
    Ummmm, they could email it, mms it, BBM it, put it in dropbox and pull it, and probably 100 different other ways. Oh I get it, you are saying that the only way that people send pictures is through NFC, because that's the every day way that people send pictures back and forth........
    mornhavon likes this.
    01-13-15 08:54 PM
    Lol some of you guys defending this are beyond crazy. If something from Apple's twitter got posted from a Blackberry there would literally be 100 threads on it saying that this proves once and for all that BB is superior.

They are idiots for doing it and if they didn't think it was a glaring mistake they wouldn't have pulled it. Bite the bullet on this one and realize that they screwed up and quit justifying it.
    Last edited by donnation; 01-13-15 at 09:20 PM.
    01-13-15 08:57 PM
    Do all GM employees own a GM? No.

Do all Ford employees own a Ford? No.

So don't tell me that there aren't any BlackBerry employees that don't own an iPhone.

This forum is getting paranoid and dumb.

Posted via CB10
    Do GM employees post a tweet of one of their vehicles from inside a Ford Truck with the Ford logo showing?
    01-13-15 09:00 PM
    Lol some of you guys defending this are beyond crazy. If an something from Apple's twitter got posted from a Blackberry there would literally be 100 threads on it saying that this proves once and for all that BB is superior.

They are idiots for doing it and if they didn't think it was a glaring mistake they wouldn't have pulled it. Bite the bullet on this one and realize that they screwed up and quit justifying it.
    you think that too, huh? Lol

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    01-13-15 09:17 PM
    LOL, who cares. The CEO of Google uses a BlackBerry but that certainly hasn't hurt Android.

Posted via CB10
    Wow I didn't know this bit of information thank you

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-13-15 09:26 PM
    you think that too, huh? Lol

You guys are stretching it. When it came out that the CEO of Google uses a BlackBerry, there were maybe 2 or 3 threads tops on it (not "hundreds") and they grew at half the rate of this one. And the CEO of the company that makes Android using a competitor product on a daily basis is a MUCH bigger deal than one misguided tweet.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:26 PM
    Two words.

Alicia keys.

01-13-15 09:34 PM
    Two words.

Alicia keys.

I vaguely remember that as being equally irrelevant. I wasn't a BB user at the time and, this may be a shock to you, but it didn't stop me from buying a BB in the future. Perhaps because I'm not a simpleton.
    01-13-15 09:43 PM
    Most of the iSheep users I know don't typically have a clue that their phone does ANYTHING like this...
    Wait, if you have iPhone6 you should be able to NFC the picture back to your Classic. Or send yourself that image. Many ways to get that image. On your Classic to tweet it from there. :-)
    Unless of course there was a commercial with hipsters doing it... then they might know...

This is brutally BAD... the guy who talked about how many times this has been retweeted is right, it is just the right amount of CASUAL headline a "low information" person needs to continue believing Blackberry isn't even a company anymore. It will soon be forgotten in terms of what they did, right up until someone hears Blackberry the next time and it triggers the memory that the company is dead... and the myth continues...

Oh well, I'm still getting a classic for work and a Passport for personal when ever AT&T decides to stop announcing that they are announcing that they have announced that they will announce their announced offering for both devices and ACTUALLY gives me a launch date!
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    01-13-15 09:48 PM
    iSheep...hipsters
    THERE it is. Because heaven forbid we go a day without the degrading of other platforms users with 'witty' catchphrases.

*facepalm*

xandermac and Coachbulldog like this.
    01-13-15 09:51 PM
    I would like to know the full story behind the tweet and the removal. Perhaps it is just as cut and dry as logic suggests...but knowing the truth vs. all the speculation is another world entirely.

I also think it's funny how Verge has nothing better to write about.

emPowered by 
    01-13-15 09:55 PM
    Just saw a sniggering post about this on the front page of a news site down here in Aus. Damn.
    01-13-15 10:06 PM
    Wait, if you have iPhone6 you should be able to NFC the picture back to your Classic. Or send yourself that image. Many ways to get that image. On your Classic to tweet it from there. :-)

Anyway, it's embarrassing life goes on. I hope whoever posted this tweet hopefully doesn't lose his job. Sh*t happens.

The media will jump on anything they thing that will earn them clicks. The more drama the better. BlackBerry is an easy target.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    The iPhone 6's NFC is locked to Apple Pay

Q10 SQN100-3 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-13-15 10:49 PM
    Well at least the world will know that BB is still alive... oh wait... I wonder?????
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    01-13-15 11:14 PM
    Well at least the world will know that BB is still alive... oh wait... I wonder?????
    I know what you're thinking, but that isn't it. That kinda "any press is good press" is a dangerous ploy and requires a master in PR to pull it off - simply in terms of selling it to the Board and defending it afterward.

It should be plainly obvious that no such PR master has ever set foot within BlackBerry.

Contrary to the adage, however, I don't think this could ever be "any press is good press" for BlackBerry - they've had tons of press in the past 3 years, almost universally bad, and the result is half the world wants the company to fail and it's now somehow socially acceptable to ridicule people for using BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:25 PM
    Maybe they just wanted to have one clear picture taken from a phone?

I kid, jk jk. IT WAS A JOKE! y'alls ppl make my day
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-15 11:28 PM
169 12345 ...