09-30-13 09:11 PM
38 12
tools
    This is stage 2, invest, the write down is a way to seed the devices into corporate to build out bes and ultimately bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!! Also, the Palm Pre 4 is coming out and going to kill the iPhone. Mark my words!!!
    richardat likes this.
    09-29-13 12:47 PM
    Remember, this is a game of chess, not poker.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:17 PM
    Man...what planet are you guys living on? Seriously. BB as you know it are dead. There is no comeback story...there is no sandbagging. They had their shot and blew it in almost every conceivable fashion. Windows phone has been GROWING since release...BB has been going backwards since BB10 release. What about that is so hard for people on here to grasp?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    I tend to agree. I have no idea what drove BlackBerry incompetence...but they are clearly incompetent. Not of putting out a good product, they did that, but of actually selling that product. Yes, they need the apps (major blunder) but bb10 is a great product. Why put it out and not scream to the world over and over that it's there? Pure incompetence. Yes, they had their shot and blew it BIG TIME!! Good job Thorsten....you officially suck at your job!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:29 PM
    I don't think all this was intentional. It's easy to seewhat has happened and make that assumption, but I think them doing this on purpose would be taking a major risk that I've never seen BlackBerry take before. I do think that taking it private has a huge possibility of making a big difference to them. There's a reason businesses put huge banners up that say 'under new mannagement'. I also think that Prem and Fairfax is who they want to take them private. The chance to continue operating is a much nicer possibility than being broke up and sold off. Personally, I think they got to where their at on accident. A long series of mistakes and errors that they never intended to get them to this place. However I also think that now that they're here, they're holding off on the big guns until they're private. I think once they are private we'll see a huge push, and I hope it works.

I have nothing to back up my idea other than how I interpret what's been happening. No reason to argue it, it's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:41 PM
    Man...what planet are you guys living on? Seriously. BB as you know it are dead. There is no comeback story...there is no sandbagging. They had their shot and blew it in almost every conceivable fashion. Windows phone has been GROWING since release...BB has been going backwards since BB10 release. What about that is so hard for people on here to grasp?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    Windows phone is getting a little traction but it's barely growing and only in the US.

BlackBerry is not dead and I still think a turnaround is possible. They still have a larger installed base than Windows and their presence outside of the US is not that bad. Problem is the US is the key market.

The chance of a came back is slipping but I do not believe it's gone. Other companies have recovered from much worse.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 02:31 PM
    Let's keep the fate and flash our phones every time we can. I'm a proud owner of a z10 and will probably get the z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:14 PM
    Windows phone is getting a little traction but it's barely growing and only in the US.

BlackBerry is not dead and I still think a turnaround is possible. They still have a larger installed base than Windows and their presence outside of the US is not that bad. Problem is the US is the key market.

The chance of a came back is slipping but I do not believe it's gone. Other companies have recovered from much worse.

Posted via CB10
    no. Admorris is right. WP is gaining traction around the world. there are tones of place where you can see the rise of WP. especially in the emerging markets. e.g in my country NZ. WP has started becoming popular with the teens-young adults. and is now a decent third place OS. I see them everywhere in my school. I love BB10 but I can't deny logic. WP is gaining a lot traction with people in Europe, Asia, and South America and Oceania. You also see Enterprises welcoming Windows phone devices to their workplaces e.g in Brazil there was where they giving employees Lumia 520-925s cause of the price. This is where BB needs to be but can't. I think it's come to a fact that people accept Windows phone as a third place OS but unfortunately not BB10 :-(
    09-30-13 01:36 AM
    Sandbagging BIGTIME! Why make the people rich who are the very ones that slander the product (Wall Street). They were in trouble now it's about thinking it through, position the company, strategy. It all makes business sense. Think outside the box
    09-30-13 01:51 AM
    Sure looks that way.
    09-30-13 02:27 AM
    no. Admorris is right. WP is gaining traction around the world. there are tones of place where you can see the rise of WP. especially in the emerging markets. e.g in my country NZ. WP has started becoming popular with the teens-young adults. and is now a decent third place OS. I see them everywhere in my school. I love BB10 but I can't deny logic. WP is gaining a lot traction with people in Europe, Asia, and South America and Oceania. You also see Enterprises welcoming Windows phone devices to their workplaces e.g in Brazil there was where they giving employees Lumia 520-925s cause of the price. This is where BB needs to be but can't. I think it's come to a fact that people accept Windows phone as a third place OS but unfortunately not BB10 :-(
    If WP is gaining, why Nokia don't make Profit?! No one want the old looking Metro UI ( or whatever it's called).

Posted via BlackBerry Crap
    09-30-13 04:03 AM
    If WP is gaining, why Nokia don't make Profit?! No one want the old looking Metro UI ( or whatever it's called).

Big issue with all handset makers other than Apple and Samsung is that margins are razor thin and there is not much money in selling them. That's what BlackBerry moving to Android would have been an even bigger disaster.

BlackBerry needs to really focus on secure servers and their BES even if it means giving away handset away to keep corps on board.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:13 PM

If you didn't listen to Nokia's statement. They care more about Market share than profits and that's succeeding for them. Which is the reason why they aren't getting much profit. the reason why they can do is because they have a tech giant which is Microsoft to keep them afloat. Dude it's pretty simple stuff. It's not about the Metro UI. you if seen the kantar worldpanel results it's pretty obvious that people agree with me saying that WP IS gaining traction. I may be a BB10 fan but I'm realistic and not a blind fanboy
    09-30-13 09:09 PM
    Remember, this is a game of chess, not poker.

Posted via CB10
    Sell short @ $8.00, and buy back @ $ 1.00. You'll make a fortune.
    09-30-13 09:11 PM
38 12