09-30-13 09:11 PM
38 12
tools
    I was thinking last night about the last few weeks and I almost get the feeling that BlackBerry is sabotaging results and the outlook to get the stock price so low that they can go private at the lowest price possible.

After going private, will the corporate sales start picking up? Will the real turnaround really get put into gear? Will the marketing start? Just have to wonder as it seem like BlackBerry is doing nothing right now almost on purpose.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    09-28-13 04:23 PM
    The products are out there. They aren't hiding the z10. Nothing left to be revealed. Going private doesn't change that.

Posted via iPhone 5s
    09-28-13 04:28 PM
    The amount of bad decisions and idiotic mistakes the management has done does raise some eyebrows. Nobody is THIS incompetent.
    m1a1mg, ioan_calin, ronfc and 5 others like this.
    09-28-13 04:50 PM
    I had this same feeling myself.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 05:24 PM
    The amount of bad decisions and idiotic mistakes the management has done does raise some eyebrows. Nobody is THIS incompetent.
    Unless you are trying to sabotage the price...

Let's be honest... if BlackBerry tried advertising more people would buy... but they havent... So make the company private and then when all bugs are gone... bam.... media frenzy... people will buy

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-28-13 05:25 PM
    OMG its a series of unrelated events. Really do people think that a Board of Directors would all sit and say, "Hey I have 175million in shares at $20, lets tank our stock so we can get bought out at $9."

They publicly stated that they have been looking for buyers for a year. Now you can clearly make a low offer during the meetings and with confidentiality clauses signed make sure no low offer is released. You wouldn't have to drive your company down in the dumps.
    09-28-13 06:16 PM
    I don't think that they are sand-bagging,...... but I have definitely wondered about it!
    09-28-13 06:19 PM
    Aside from good product I totally agree.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 06:54 PM
    It just seems ridiculous to me that BB10 has been out since early this year and I have never seen one commercial and next to nothing from carriers either.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 06:59 PM
    The products are out there. They aren't hiding the z10. Nothing left to be revealed. Going private doesn't change that.

Posted via iPhone 5s
    They aren't hiding the Z10, but they are showing it either... and no one else is

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 07:13 PM
    Certainly does make one wonder how they managed to bring the company to the peak and then start making the most assbackwards decisions doesn't it?
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-28-13 07:14 PM
    OP, let me ask you a question, or rather a series of question.

Let's assume that you are right that this is pre-meditated.

what motives drive it, and what end results do they want by driving it low? going private is a mean, not an end. what's the end game?

i really doubt that they are doing this just to get privatized.

However i'm also hoping that the freefall gets halted and after picking themselves up they will climb back up, no matter how slow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-29-13 08:27 AM
    More delusional and tin-foil hat thinking. Anything to avoid admitting that the product isn't good enough.
    richardat and Cashgap like this.
    09-29-13 08:51 AM
    it would look that way, has BBM gotten underway yet after it was pulled?
    09-29-13 08:55 AM
    if BlackBerry tried advertising more people would buy... but they havent...
    I think this is another issue of theirs. They should have thrown all their chips down to make a go of BlackBerry 10, including spending the cash necessary to advertise and provide incentives to grow BlackBerry 10 (incentives to sales people, consumer rebates for upgrades, moving platforms, developers).

They should have sold out because there was nothing left and they are broke from trying. Selling out with $2.6 billion in the bank shows they weren't very aggressive. Heins was way to conservative in preserving cash, rather than spending money to make money.

I would have rather seen BlackBerry disappear in a blaze than wimper off the way they are.

Was rhe "sandbagging" intentional? Probably not, just a different strategy that just failed.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:54 AM
    Going private for them seems to be out of desperation. A reaction to bad results. No real evidence that it is the other way around.
    09-29-13 09:58 AM
    Looks like it. But then the write off of inventory, losses can always be investigated. But then the depressed price is not just due to results. It also reflects botched up marketing efforts. Why did T Heins announce a date for BBM4ALL and not deliver. This looks suspicious! Deliberate failures to depress prices. Make a sale happen. Take the hefty separation " bonus". Then go on a forever vacation!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:00 AM
    dupe post...
    09-29-13 10:00 AM
    I totally agree with you. They WANT to go private.. I'm convinced. And they'll do everything they can to ensure that the stock price doesn't exceed Watsa buying price at $9. So far they're doing a bang up job of maintaining this.

I don't believe for once that they couldn't make BBM cross platform work.. I'm very certain that if Watsa's offer wasn't on the table we all have cross-platform BBM right now.
    09-29-13 10:03 AM
    Bb10 is a success.
    09-29-13 10:19 AM
    Everything is going as planned, they've transitioned, now it's time to seed and build it out.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:20 AM
    More delusional and tin-foil hat thinking. Anything to avoid admitting that the product isn't good enough.
    I think the product (phones and OS) are amazing. BlackBerry is not where it is because of poor product. BlackBerry is in trouble because the OS is 1-2 years late and the company was mismanaged by its co-founders.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 11:26 AM
    Everything is going as planned, they've transitioned, now it's time to seed and build it out.

Posted via CB10
    To a degree that's what I'm thinking. The W8 phones took a while to gain traction, BB10 phones have only been out for 6 months in the US and the Q10 only 2-3 months. Public markets are quick to call it an instant disaster but the turnaround story was always a 2-3 year story, not a 3 month story.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 11:29 AM
    To a degree that's what I'm thinking. The W8 phones took a while to gain traction, BB10 phones have only been out for 6 months in the US and the Q10 only 2-3 months. Public markets are quick to call it an instant disaster but the turnaround story was always a 2-3 year story, not a 3 month story.

Posted via CB10
    Man...what planet are you guys living on? Seriously. BB as you know it are dead. There is no comeback story...there is no sandbagging. They had their shot and blew it in almost every conceivable fashion. Windows phone has been GROWING since release...BB has been going backwards since BB10 release. What about that is so hard for people on here to grasp?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    richardat, sexybabe88 and Cashgap like this.
    09-29-13 11:46 AM
    This is stage 2, invest, the write down is a way to seed the devices into corporate to build out bes and ultimately bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:10 PM
38 12