12-06-13 07:29 AM
370 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    The market share include the number of us who purchased ours on Ebay as "late model trade-ins" from those who were frustrated/discouraged with the BB10 differences (or corporate mandated) and had to go to Android or Apple?
    12-02-13 10:27 PM
    If they don't advertise in the USA they will soon be 0%. I don't understand why they can't figure that out. The IPhone isn't a better phone (my opinion) however they advertise non stop

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:29 PM
    I didn't read all ten pages- so I may have missed it if someone commented on Apple. But anyway if these stats are true I think that Apple should be worried the most.It seems that they are losing market share in many countries including their own, the USA. The only one(s) gaining are still small Windows and massive Samsung at the expense of everyone else. We should all be worried if there is only one Giant company left. Diversity and choice is what we live for. The more companies that get swallowed up and fail- the more of the same we become. That's the problem today everyone wants to be popular. We are Borg- Resistance is futile.

Though I agree. With apple loosing market share worldwide. But worried?? Not really. They have a sheep user base. Though if it was market share wise I'll likely be Microsoft and Google left competing since they have a full circle of services

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-02-13 10:33 PM
    Spain has the 5th largest economy in the euro zone. All 5 of the largest economies in the zone are included in this survey.

Who's winning? Apparently the folks who make affordable phones running an extremely popular free OS.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Don't beat around the bush, do you mean Android is the most popular in Spain? Based on your .SIG you're an iPhone user. How do you feel about Android overtaking all other platforms?

Let me start: obviously Android is an extremely popular OS... As for free? Well, it's the only FREE OS when it comes to companies like HTC, Samsung, Sony, etc. But is Android FREE to the average person? NO, obviously not. If we want to get an Android phone we have to pay for it as the average person, even in Europe. We're not companies.

And what's the price of FREE? Are there no conditions with Android, lol?

I'll leave that as an open question for you to answer. =)
    12-02-13 10:34 PM
    Don't beat around the bush, do you mean Android is the most popular in Spain? Based on your .SIG you're an iPhone user. How do you feel about Android overtaking all other platforms?

Let me start: obviously Android is an extremely popular OS... As for free? Well, it's the only FREE OS when it comes to companies like HTC, Samsung, Sony, etc. But is Android FREE to the average person? NO, obviously not. If we want to get an Android phone we have to pay for it as the average person, even in Europe. We're not companies.

And what's the price of FREE? Are there no conditions with Android, lol?

I'll leave that as an open question for you to answer. =)

For god sakes. Android IS NOT free. They all have to pay Microsoft for fees for each handset shipped

southlander likes this.
    12-02-13 10:36 PM
    For god sakes. Android IS NOT free. They all have to pay Microsoft for fees for each handset shipped

Typo?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-02-13 10:36 PM
    Typo?

Nope. If you keep up the news. Microsoft makes money on every android device sold/shipped. Microsoft stole Googles potential profit. Microsoft has the android OEMs (including Samsung and HTC) by the balls. And milking them dry. Including Googles Motorola

southlander likes this.
    12-02-13 10:38 PM
    I was also called the biggest BlackBerry fan on CB the other day. An honor I hold in high regard

Embarrassing that I am a BlackBerry fan on a BlackBerry fan site. Lol. That's really too much.

Why would someone waste their time on a forum and not even support the platform?

Posted via CB10
    Amen, and these type of people call is pathetic????? They are the better joke cause they are their own punch line too lmao.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    missing_K-W likes this.
    12-02-13 10:41 PM
    Typo?

Diverting the question with a stupid point about Google vs Microsoft. Best to ignore.
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-02-13 10:42 PM
    First off statistics are estimates they are not exact and depending who made the study and research unless Apple,Windows, Blackberry and Android manufacturers will give us their number.

In terms of numbers I'm pretty sure Android is ahead
    In terms of profit that will be Apple
    Where is our Blackberry? lol

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    12-02-13 10:44 PM

Let's assume you're right. Android is not free. Answer the rest of the question in my post since you decided to join in on the convo.
    12-02-13 10:44 PM
    Let's assume you're right. Android is not free. Answer the rest of the question in my post since you decided to join in on the convo.
    http://blogs.computerworld.com/andro...nt-fees-really

I'm actually right. No I won't answer your question since I'm just correcting your error on the free thing on android. Though I do think Google almost has a monopoly in the smartphone market.

12-02-13 10:46 PM
    Microsoft gets $2 billion a year in Android patent fees. Really? | Computerworld Blogs

I'm actually right. No I won't answer your question since I'm just correcting your error on the free thing on android

Assume I'm stupid. Explain how you corrected my error in my previous post with your Microsoft link. (above)

Good for you on being right. Now prove it to everyone. Explain it to an ***** like myself.
    12-02-13 10:49 PM
    BlackBerry 10's issue is no one knew how to market it. They used outdated marketing ideas for a new and cutting edge innovative product. That really hurt the brand. They really don't understand how easy it is to fix that problem as well as stopping all of the bad mouthing.

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    12-02-13 11:09 PM
    Blackberry has not grabbed China market yet. For sure their pure "market share" in China is very low. Most of the users buy blackberry handset from black market.
    12-02-13 11:10 PM
    This survey or whatever you want to call it, is useless because it didn't reflect the whole world market. Is India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Middle Eastern and African countries "chop liver"? Is population of over 1 billion something to take for granted? Or did the researchers think people in these, not mentioned, countries get their phones for free?
    The world is bigger than they think and know.
    Well, if they add this country into the picture then we will see WORST outcome for BlackBerry. The Indonesian today is dropping their support for BlackBerry and got cheap Android phone, thanks for BlackBerry stupid move by releasing BBM4All. I would like to see how is the decrease in user on all those country that you are mention.

Just on a side story, Indonesia known to have the most BlackBerry user last year. Jakarta being the capital city can be seen no one without BlackBerry. Today, this phenomena are changing and we are seeing more and more Android and iOS phone. Android cator to the low end user and iOS cator to the high end user.

Soooooo.... it wont be suprising if the next Q2 report is another drop and down again.
    12-02-13 11:25 PM
    My other personal phone is a Nexus 5, which I really like. I also have a dev alpha running 10.1 and access to a bunch of other phones at work. I really have no emotional investment in any platform. I just enjoy the industry and watching how it unfolds.

Let me start: obviously Android is an extremely popular OS... As for free? Well, it's the only FREE OS when it comes to companies like HTC, Samsung, Sony, etc.
    That was my point. The companies that are taking android, and not investing money in their own custom OS, and not constantly fighting for apps, are the ones who are making affordable phones that people want.

12-02-13 11:40 PM
    Yes I know Samsung is investing small amounts of money in a hedge OS, but I can't see that becoming a big product unless Google's terms become unbearable for some reason.

12-02-13 11:46 PM
    I'm a blackberry fan on a BlackBerry fan site. I wouldn't be here unless I was.

Someone should really question their own intelligence if they can't discern opinion from fact.

Posted via CB10
    hahahahah.....you sure are funny.

altho i think most of your post are funny...this one had me ROFL!!!!! good job.
    12-02-13 11:51 PM
    Yes I know Samsung is investing small amounts of money in a hedge OS, but I can't see that becoming a big product unless Google's terms become unbearable for some reason.

I think the reason why Samsung is investing in other platforms is because they need to get more users using Samsung products which is why they are exploring Tizen, Firefox OS and thinking about focusing some on WP

12-02-13 11:54 PM
    The app gap is what's harming consumer adoption. Now that 10.2.1 supports third party Android app stores, we should see a renewed interest in the platform

Consumers now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps. This is huge for the platform

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately it is more than an app gap, which is closing for sure. You have to have carriers actually make available the devices to sell in the US for instance. Having one company like Verizon be an initial sole supplier of the Z30s isn't helping the cause and will definitely ensure that we have less devices in the US. Not everyone is going to rush to Verizon if they are on another carrier they like. Why would they. For instance, how many Rogers folks jumped to Telus, Bell, etc. at launch of the Z30 due to their original decision not to carry then only online? I hope that they did to prove a point to Rogers but I doubt it was a big shift. Let's hope this, yet again new management, finally make some smart, positive decisions.

I love my Z30 and certainly think it's the best smartphone BB has come out with and is superior to other competitor products out there based upon my personal experience with those type of phones....but that's just me.
    12-02-13 11:58 PM
    This data looks like more of a concern for Apple than Blackberry. IOS is losing market share in most of the markets except Australia (although it might have sold more devices in absolute terms as the total market has increased substantially). I think Blackberry has already hit the bottom with TH putting "For Sale" sign for more than a month. From here on, Blackberry will only go up.
    12-02-13 11:59 PM
    The lack of marketing has really hurt BB10 sales... I just came back from Hawaii and Thailand, and no BlackBerry's anywhere, not even for sale at any of the phone shops I visited. I asked a few, and nobody knew about BB10 phones. iPhone and Android or feature-phones are everywhere. And in Thailand, buy a cheap Android phone for less than US$100.

My company, a big Fortune 500, last week decided not to continue using BlackBerry and will focus on iPhone 5S instead (with MobileIron, yuck!). The reasons? No marketing, bad press, 'bankruptcy' rumours, and BlackBerry's inability to answer any questions from our Corporate IT, gave them very low confidence in pursuing BB10. *sigh* A big blow for all us BB users at the company.
    milo53 likes this.
    12-03-13 12:15 AM
    It is possible but a few posters on here need a reality check as they are completely ignoring all the signs and facts. But hey, Blackberry management has been doing this for years too, maybe its contagious
    This is where the problem is. People want others to 'see the reality'... well, the reality is that everyone I have shown my Z10 to loves it, they love the os and if anyone said they didn't want a Z10 it was bc they wanted the q10.

Call me a liar if you want, that is MY reality. The fact of the matter is that these things are all relative. Is BlackBerry doing bad... HELL YES! But there are many people that WOULD love bb10 and it's devices if a better job was done in roll out and marketing.

The device speaks for itself, we just need to make sure it gets a chance to actually do some talking.

The 'reality ' is that BlackBerry messed up so many things in the last few years that people don't care anymore. They could have released the exact same thing as the iPhone 5s, running iOS 9 and no one would buy it.

Perception needs to change, hopefully these letters being released will help, if not then BlackBerry will eventually make the nay sayers right... 4years later.

People can't buy what they don't know exists... or what nobody is selling.

Posted via CB10
    RedFoxOne, grover5 and spike12 like this.
    12-03-13 01:04 AM
    This is where the problem is. People want others to 'see the reality'... well, the reality is that everyone I have shown my Z10 to loves it, they love the os and if anyone said they didn't want a Z10 it was bc they wanted the q10.

Call me a liar if you want, that is MY reality. The fact of the matter is that these things are all relative. Is BlackBerry doing bad... HELL YES! But there are many people that WOULD love bb10 and it's devices if a better job was done in roll out and marketing.

The device speaks for itself, we just need to make sure it gets a chance to actually do some talking.

The 'reality ' is that BlackBerry messed up so many things in the last few years that people don't care anymore. They could have released the exact same thing as the iPhone 5s, running iOS 9 and no one would buy it.

Perception needs to change, hopefully these letters being released will help, if not then BlackBerry will eventually make the nay sayers right... 4years later.

People can't buy what they don't know exists... or what nobody is selling.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

12-03-13 01:06 AM
370 ... 7891011 ...