12-06-13 06:29 AM
370 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Take these figures with a grain of salt. They've already been proven to be completed,eternal nonsense in previous attempts. Many other measurements for smart phone penetration shows that BBRY has been growing in the North American, Africa and the UK just to name a few.

It's tiresome when these so called results are released that lack substance.
    Also be sure not to pay any attention to Blackberry Quarterly results, inventory write downs or threatened sales of the company. They are all false signs.

The facts are that many other more reliable measurements for smart phone penetration such as Statcounter shows that BBRY has been growing in the North American, Africa and the UK just to name a few.

We are clearly still on track to sell tens of millions of Blackberry Q10s.
    aniym, notfanboy, cgk and 3 others like this.
    12-02-13 06:52 PM
    What is happening in Canada ? What is happening here is more important than Spain for example.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    R Field likes this.
    12-02-13 06:57 PM
    Take these figures with a grain of salt. They've already been proven to be completed,eternal nonsense in previous attempts. Many other measurements for smart phone penetration shows that BBRY has been growing in the North American, Africa and the UK just to name a few.

It's tiresome when these so called results are released that lack substance.
    Kinda like the endless health studies...

On EVEN weeks Chocolate and Wine are GOOD for you; On ODD weeks Chocolate and Wine are BAD for you.

Is that what you mean?
    12-02-13 06:59 PM
    What about copying? What do you know babout the original Android OS? 10 points if you guess what they used as their template for the original release...
    The android before 2007? They were pretty much the knockoff BB phones. However, the competition is always to us the consumers. Big tech companys copied or borrowed the ideas from each other. What's BB10 or bb playbook before palm pre? Does it really matter? I would not care if Apple copied android or android copied apple; android copied BB or BB copied palm. Done it the first or done it the best or both.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 07:12 PM
    The android before 2007? They were pretty much the knockoff BB phones. However, the competition is always to us the consumers. Big tech companys copied or borrowed the ideas from each other. What's BB10 or bb playbook before palm pre? Does it really matter? I would not care if Apple copied android or android copied apple; android copied BB or BB copied palm. Done it the first or done it the best or both.
    Exactly my point, thanks for reiterating it! I totally agree, and the fact that companies copy from each other is good for us as consumers in the end. WE win when they steal each other's ideas, imo. It's funny, there was a huge 'copying' debate about Piracy recently involving BB10.2.1 and Android. It was viewed as bad overall, since we as consumers are not supposed to copy.

And YET, when it comes to companies, copying is a-ok. When they do it, it's innovative. When we do it, it's piracy. Weird, no?
    12-02-13 07:17 PM
    Blackberry 10 is not out in Japan.
    12-02-13 07:21 PM
    Good point, actually. This was the case months ago looking back. So WHY is Japan included in this headline? Or China for that matter. Not even Apple has any kind of presence in China...

BlackBerry 10 smartphones won't be sold in Japan | Mobile - CNET News
    BlackBerry 10 devices will not make their way to Japan | CrackBerry.com
    Nikkei: BlackBerry to stop selling phones in Japan, no longer able to justify the cost (updated)
    12-02-13 07:26 PM
    Unless someone is really buying into security, it makes no sense to buy an outdated Z10 or Z30 when there is much better hardware, some of it free, and full Google support on Android hardware.

I understand this is what you want to happen, but but its not a forgone conclusion.
    Some of us actually buy based on performance and the UI itself. We don't buy based on paper specs. Many of us avoid full Google integration as well. I have no idea what will happen to BlackBerry. I hope they survive and provide some privacy protection options. One thing I have noticed though. I know more people interested in moving away from Google than I do interested in getting closer to Google. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip and Vorkosigan like this.
    12-02-13 07:27 PM
    And?
    And what you said didn't make sense. I'm not arguing the state of BlackBerry. I'm pointing out the need of some to post bad news every chance they get during the downward trend. We all know it will get worse before and if it gets better. Some folks consistently seek out articles daily to continue to hammer home the downward message. You know this though. Your avatar might fit you better than you realized.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-02-13 07:46 PM
    <p>
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on BlackBerry&#39;s short comings. It&#39;s really disgusting and a reflection of their own character Posted via CB10
    LOL. It&#39;s a phone(mobile platform) company that hopefully, will do better and the company can continue to stay afloat.....and move forward. &nbsp;While I don&#39;t agree with the anti- BlackBerry comments.......there&#39;s enough **** slinging on both sides that could be looked at as character isssues.</p>
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 07:51 PM
    Good point, actually. This was the case months ago looking back. So WHY is Japan included in this headline? Or China for that matter. Not even Apple has any kind of presence in China...

BlackBerry 10 smartphones won't be sold in Japan | Mobile - CNET News
    BlackBerry 10 devices will not make their way to Japan | CrackBerry.com
    Nikkei: BlackBerry to stop selling phones in Japan, no longer able to justify the cost (updated)
    If you think about it, why is Spain included. Their economic situation is dire. I would be interested in seeing sales numbers for other high end platforms in Spain. That leaves the US, and we are already aware of how dire that market situation is.

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    12-02-13 07:55 PM
    If you think about it, why is Spain included. Their economic situation is dire. I would be interested in seeing sales numbers for other high end platforms in Spain. That leaves the US, and we are already aware of how dire that market situation is.

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    Good point about Spain. I'm Irish, I wonder how the whole mobile fight splits out in Ireland, for example? Are my brethren iPhone users or Android users? Ireland is just as f---ed as Spain when it comes to the economy...

Yeah, the whole BlackBerry isn't doing well in Spain headline kinda got my attention. No offense to Spain, but really? Does Spain matter?

And if BlackBerry is losing in Spain, who's 'winning'?

Heh.
    12-02-13 08:02 PM
    Some people are pissed that 4500 quality engineers are being fired because of the incompetence of managers who just walked away with massive payouts. If you think bb10 handset development can carry on in the face of huge job losses and carrier/partner /supplier relationship breakdown, then sadly you are both rude and delusional.
    This is an important FACT that is widely overlooked. Along with the 4500, some Key engineers have been poached or left for less stressful, more secure employment.

We all assume BB can function and/or excel at the same capacity as before. Fewer people, more workload.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-02-13 08:15 PM
    This is an important FACT that is widely overlooked. Along with the 4500, some Key engineers have been poached or left for less stressful, more secure employment.

We all assume BB can function and/or excel at the same capacity as before. Fewer people, more workload.
    The focus will be more on software that's why they are cutting handsets. 6 a year is ridiculous.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    canuckvoip and milo53 like this.
    12-02-13 08:19 PM
    The focus will be more on software that's why they are cutting handsets. 6 a year is ridiculous.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    4 is a lot. I do like the high/low end of both the qwerty/all touch but really I think BB could do well with one of each.
    12-02-13 08:21 PM
    4 is a lot. I do like the high/low end of both the qwerty/all touch but really I think BB could do well with one of each.
    That's why I'm wondering why they should make new low end phones when they can just sell the Q5 and Z10 as low end BB10 devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    canuckvoip likes this.
    12-02-13 08:23 PM
    That's why I'm wondering why they should make new low end phones when they can just sell the Q5 and Z10 as low end BB10 devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Personally, I think they should drop the Q5. Stick with one good QWERTY model, and make the rest touch devices...
    canuckvoip likes this.
    12-02-13 08:29 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Personally, I think they should drop the Q5. Stick with one good QWERTY model, and make the rest touch devices...
    BB has made so many handset types for so many years it must be a hard drug to kick. I love choice but 3 or 4 is LOTS!!!
    12-02-13 08:34 PM
    That's what makes the whole article sad, questionable, and pathetic.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    12-02-13 08:36 PM

Of course they can function. Instagram was feted recently with it's 13 employees. THIRTEEN!

BlackBerry, with over four thousand employees? Yeah, pretty sure they can. With one arm tied behind their back, and then some...

Sheesh, the gloom and doom sometimes on this forum... =)
    canuckvoip likes this.
    12-02-13 08:39 PM
    I didn't read all ten pages- so I may have missed it if someone commented on Apple. But anyway if these stats are true I think that Apple should be worried the most.It seems that they are losing market share in many countries including their own, the USA. The only one(s) gaining are still small Windows and massive Samsung at the expense of everyone else. We should all be worried if there is only one Giant company left. Diversity and choice is what we live for. The more companies that get swallowed up and fail- the more of the same we become. That's the problem today everyone wants to be popular. We are Borg- Resistance is futile.
    12-02-13 09:05 PM
    Chen is not an *****, he's just getting his feet wet. He will systematically go over every aspect of the business and of course marketing will be taken into consideration. But nobody should expect mass advertising and marketing campaigns as they are not looking to compete with the ''big numbers'' selling companies. Regardless, anything he does cant be worse than what we've seen.
    With the elimination of CMO structure, seems they threw in the towel on marketing to consumers.
    12-02-13 09:13 PM
    Yeah the cold hard fact that BlackBerry has never sold in Japan in China, maybe take that it of the discussion and we can talk about bb10 sales.

Sent from my Z30
    While I support Blackberry and wish them well, you sound foolish saying take out Japan, and China and THEN talk about bb10 sales. Numbers don't lie. No not the kantar numbers, the blackberry ones. The billion dollar write down on inventory speaks for itself. Things aren't going well. That is a fact. Will BlackBerry make a big comeback? Not sure but as it stands now like it or not bb10 is a flop.

And not to defend Kantor here but keep in mind this is representative of sales from August, September, and October. Not cumulative of all bb10 sales. What these numbers really mean is that bb10 sales have essentially evaporated. We can dispute how accurate these numbers are but probably not the premise of the article.
    12-02-13 09:21 PM
    Yeah, the whole BlackBerry isn't doing well in Spain headline kinda got my attention. No offense to Spain, but really? Does Spain matter?

And if BlackBerry is losing in Spain, who's 'winning'?
    Spain has the 5th largest economy in the euro zone. All 5 of the largest economies in the zone are included in this survey.

Who's winning? Apparently the folks who make affordable phones running an extremely popular free OS.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-02-13 09:25 PM

And not to defend Kantor here but keep in mind this is representative of sales from August, September, and October. Not cumulative of all bb10 sales. What these numbers really mean is that bb10 sales have essentially evaporated. We can dispute how accurate these numbers are but probably not the premise of the article.
    This is not just BB10. Don't these numbers also include BlackBerry's much more popular BB7?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    JeepBB, Etios and kbz1960 like this.
    12-02-13 09:26 PM
370 ... 678910 ...