12-06-13 06:29 AM
370 ... 56789 ...
tools
    then compare it to Apple is one company like Blackberry ...do the math on those numbers and will have a laugh
    Why is it so important for you to laugh at this?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:40 PM
    Android doesn't sell devices. 400 oems sell android devices and most of them arent even making money doing so.

Sent from my Z30
    For Blackberry, it doesn't really matter if most of the OEMs selling Android devices don't make money.

Each Android device sold is one less for Blackberry.

You are seeing the effects of the "400 OEMs"..
    12-02-13 05:52 PM
    BlackBerry is. I'm talking about other developers making native apps instead of just saying "hey they can just download our Android apk if they want".
    If BB10 finds a significant market, then the business case for producing native apps for it improves. A lot.

As it stands now, anyone who's producing a native app for this platform is doing it because they want to. They're not likely to get rich off it. Any developer who wants to be in BB World, is going to at least need to get signing keys, convert their app to a BAR, and register as a vendor.
    12-02-13 05:54 PM
    The issue is getting an infant platform to gain traction. Now that BlackBerry has correct price points this will help consumer adoption. This and allowing end users direct access to to Android apk's.

Posted via CB10
    Most consumers buy on contract and the Z10 has been at ZERO for quite some time and still no takers..so what is the price point consumers are supposed to buy into? I am very curious..
    JeepBB and 21stNow like this.
    12-02-13 05:55 PM
    I don't want Blackberry to be the number 1, I just want Backberry to have a solid and stable buisness delivering nice phones as they have been doing, because their phones are the ones that suit me the best.
    12-02-13 05:57 PM
    The app gap is what's harming consumer adoption. Now that 10.2.1 supports third party Android app stores, we should see a renewed interest in the platform

Consumers now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps. This is huge for the platform

Posted via CB10
    Unless someone is really buying into security, it makes no sense to buy an outdated Z10 or Z30 when there is much better hardware, some of it free, and full Google support on Android hardware.

I understand this is what you want to happen, but but its not a forgone conclusion.
    12-02-13 06:00 PM
    Well seeing as BlackBerry has only sold "zero" devices you certainly makes a point.

Now back to reality.

BlackBerry will post numbers this quarter that will bring figures over 10 million devices. Correct me if I'm wrong.......that is a lot of devices

Posted via CB10
    A lot of devices as compared to what? Zero devices? Or other mobile players?

If the latter, then is dismal.
    12-02-13 06:03 PM
    I am still waiting to see if BlackBerry will offer a service for BlackBerry 10 devices direct to consumers as a means to recoup the dropping service revenue to add value. I think it is fair to say the writing has been on the wall and this just adds to it, in my opinion.
    12-02-13 06:05 PM
    There's actually a ton of articles on short sellers... so yea it's a given that people will falsify facts to make money off BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Same as those who wants to spin bad news into good ones to send the stock higher.
    12-02-13 06:05 PM
    Well it is not completely surprising in the US. On AT&T can't get a Z30 and they have not released 10.2 yet. Thanks to leaks I can be on 10.2.1.xxx You can't sell a device if it is not present. I have let @att and @attcustomercare that my corporate account is moving elsewhere. At least on VZW I can get a Z30, but I really shouldn't have to make that choice.
    12-02-13 06:06 PM
    For Blackberry, it doesn't really matter if most of the OEMs selling Android devices don't make money.

Each Android device sold is one less for Blackberry.

You are seeing the effects of the "400 OEMs"..
    It's much like Windows on the desktop. Hardware manufacturers fall all over themselves to differentiate for sales while Microsoft sits back and laughs...

Kinda like how Google lets HTC, Sony, LG, Samsung et al go for each other's throats in mobile...

All the more reason BlackBerry chose the 'Apple' path for the long term. It may not prove to be the winning strategy in the end, but the decision makes sense when you look at the history.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-02-13 06:08 PM
    I know how it works. But going to an average consumer won't know how this works. Yourself or BB or other people are not going to advertise this as a feature. why?? cause they will most likely say, "Why do I need this while, Android already does this". I dunno how BB is going to answer that without causing confusion
    and how sad it is that they have to use someone else platform because they are unable to create their own.
    12-02-13 06:10 PM
    and how sad it is that they have to use someone else platform because they are unable to create their own.
    BlackBerry has a 100% open source commitment to devs. Bb10 itself is closed source however utilizing Android compliments the 100% open source commitment

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 06:12 PM
    BlackBerry has a 100% open source commitment to devs. Bb10 itself is closed source however utilizing Android compliments the 100% open source commitment

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, aniym, JeepBB and 5 others like this.
    12-02-13 06:16 PM
    I'm sure you know that it is entirely possible to acknowledge that bb10 has done poorly in the market while still loving the devices and OS and wanting and hoping for better days for BlackBerry in the future...

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    I concur!
    12-02-13 06:16 PM
    Again it goes to show how little you know about developing a platform....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 06:18 PM
    And how sad is it that you need to focus on a negative of a great multi-use OS. I'd rather have multiple uses on an OS than worrying about who built what. It is about a better experience for me, that's all that matters.
    12-02-13 06:19 PM
    I'm sure you know that it is entirely possible to acknowledge that bb10 has done poorly in the market while still loving the devices and OS and wanting and hoping for better days for BlackBerry in the future...

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    I'm not so sure, lol. I'm not attacking the poster you replied to, just speaking in general about some of our brethren on this forum. I'm pretty sure they're so far gone they just view the rest of us as being mindless fanboys for not moving over to Android ALREADY... After all, they're obviously fed up and have seen the light, we're just plain stupid for not being on the same page at the same time... heh.
    12-02-13 06:22 PM
    This about offering end users choice. More options and more choice is a plus

This is a testament to the flexibility and power of blackberry10 to have seamless integration of Android apps. 10.2.1 offers a premier Android app experience

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 06:23 PM
    What about copying? What do you know about the original Android OS? 10 points if you guess what they used as their template for the original release...
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    12-02-13 06:25 PM
    Unless someone is really buying into security, it makes no sense to buy an outdated Z10 or Z30 when there is much better hardware, some of it free, and full Google support on Android hardware.

I understand this is what you want to happen, but but its not a forgone conclusion.
    Why oh why do you think that just because YOU like something, that I need or want it?
    I know what I want and it is most decidedly NOT that. I'm happy that you're happy with YOUR choice, now leave me to MINE please.
    12-02-13 06:31 PM
    I agree with this. I am more concerned with how they can be profitable pleasing the customers that they do have than matching mere numbers with Apple and Samsung.

Nobody criticized Mercedes for low market share.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-02-13 06:34 PM
    BlackBerry is here to stay, they are doing well in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong...
    12-02-13 06:42 PM
    Why oh why do you think that just because YOU like something, that I need or want it?
    I know what I want and it is most decidedly NOT that. I'm happy that you're happy with YOUR choice, now leave me to MINE please.
    The post has nothing to do with your personal wants. The post is in reference to the buying public in general.

Its not personal.
    12-02-13 06:44 PM
    Take these figures with a grain of salt. They've already been proven to be completed,eternal nonsense in previous attempts. Many other measurements for smart phone penetration shows that BBRY has been growing in the North American, Africa and the UK just to name a few.

It's tiresome when these so called results are released that lack substance.
    12-02-13 06:46 PM
370 ... 56789 ...