12-06-13 06:29 AM
370 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I was also called the biggest BlackBerry fan on CB the other day. An honor I hold in high regard

Embarrassing that I am a BlackBerry fan on a BlackBerry fan site. Lol. That's really too much.

Why would someone waste their time on a forum and not even support the platform?

Posted via CB10
    The biggest BlackBerry Fan, and the biggest BlackBerry FanBoy is totally different! However, FanBoys posts are not embarrassing to me at all. It's often so fun to read.
    h20work likes this.
    12-02-13 03:25 PM
    Not suprised by this report. I still think it will get worse before it gets better, as we have NOT seen a shift in market perception on owning a BB handset....why would the averge person walk into a carrier and get one?

The other caviet to this is that the article is very specific that these are sales to consumers, not B2B transactions. I still think the take rate on enterprise where BYOD is not the option is better then these numbers.

In the end, not sure what people expect? BB just took a blow to their collective nut sac when they annouced they would be up for sale, then changed CEO's just recently. The ship is still taking on water and it takes time to get the pumps going.

I want to see in 2-3 months what Chen has done to swing perception ....todays letter is a fair start
    12-02-13 03:26 PM
    Success over a competitor that really hasn't been successful.
    “the best martial artist Detroit has to offer".
    avt123 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:27 PM
    Except 10 million might be enough for first party app devs to start developing bb10 apps. And so the cycle to get more users continues.
    I'm guessing that based on the aforementioned US market share reports, app developers, as a group, will be devoting about 41% of their focus on iOS apps, 53% of their attention to Android apps, 5% to Windows, and 1% to Blackberry. Of course, iOS will get a little more because there are ton of iPads out there that use iOS. And, Blackberry's 1% is divided among BB7 and BB10.
    12-02-13 03:28 PM
    BlackBerry is still heavily investing in native sdk's.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but from the amount of posts an android compatibility an side loading is of higher investment to blackberry then their native / cascades offerings!
    To boast that "now" we have apps.
    12-02-13 03:29 PM
    It doesn't look great as of right now!

But Windows Phone 7 was not that great - with Windows 8 customers start to sell them!

BlackBerry needs great Software and Hardware for the second generation of BlackBerry 10!

I expect new Hardware and especially Software Mid 2014 with 10.3 and a Z and Q device. This is where they have to show what Mobile Computing is meant for.
    12-02-13 03:31 PM
    It doesn't look great as of right now!

But Windows Phone 7 was not that great - with Windows 8 customers start to sell them!

BlackBerry needs great Software and Hardware for the second generation of BlackBerry 10!

I expect new Hardware and especially Software Mid 2014 with 10.3 and a Z and Q device. This is where they have to show what Mobile Computing is meant for.
    I think they dropped that with Heins.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:32 PM
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on BlackBerry's short comings. It's really disgusting and a reflection of their own character

Posted via CB10
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on making things up and passing off opinion as fact and truth. It's really disgusting and a reflection of their own character
    JeepBB, avt123, mikeo007 and 8 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:33 PM
    I think they dropped that with Heins.
    No they didn't. Take a look what you can do with a Z30 on YouTube. ( I won't search for you) Wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, miracast connection and usb hub connection.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:35 PM
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on making things up and passing off opinion as fact and truth. It's really disgusting and a reflection of their own character
    I'm a blackberry fan on a BlackBerry fan site. I wouldn't be here unless I was.

Someone should really question their own intelligence if they can't discern opinion from fact.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:36 PM
    I would like to see data showing marketing dollars spent by all platforms in the US. I have a sneaking suspicion Blackberry isn't spending a tenth of what Android is. In America, you have to cram sh!t down sheeple's throats repetitively.
    12-02-13 03:37 PM
    Yeah the cold hard fact that BlackBerry has never sold in Japan ...
    Not exactly correct. BlackBerry did sell in Japan but found converting the BB10 platform to the language impossible and only after then did they pull of of that market.

BlackBerry Sales To Cease In Japan | Ubergizmo

BlackBerry sales, Japan: BlackBerry withdraws business from Japan | BGR
    A BlackBerry spokesperson reached out to BGR and provided us with the following statement.

“BlackBerry enjoys a constructive relationship with trusted partner, NTT DOCOMO, and we will continue to support the carrier’s ongoing BlackBerry sales in Japan. We have not announced plans to launch BlackBerry 10 in Japan, but this does not affect our key priorities in the market: to continue to provide BlackBerry service and robust support to BlackBerry’s Japanese customers, both consumers and business users.
    BlackBerry to Cease Sales In Japan (Phone Scoop)
    updated Feb 7, 2013, 4:39 PM

BlackBerry will not sell its new Z10 and Q10 handsets in the Japanese market, reports Reuters. The company's share of the Japanese market has shrunk from 5% to 0.3%, and the smartphone maker can no longer justify the cost of modifying its software to accommodate the Japanese language. BlackBerry will also stop selling its older handsets, though it will continue to provide support for its existing user base.
    I imagine you will now clarify (read: walk back) what you meant.
    kbz1960 and h20work like this.
    12-02-13 03:38 PM
    I would like to see data showing marketing dollars spent by all platforms in the US. I have a sneaking suspicion Blackberry isn't spending a tenth of what Android is. In America, you have to cram sh!t down sheeple's throats repetitively.
    Android is one company? I didn't know.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    12-02-13 03:38 PM
    Huawei lenovo and htc sell more than BlackBerry ? With what facts ? Samsung takes the largest percentage of android sells and no other android oem comes close..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    To Samsung but I bet they come close or surpass BBRY
    12-02-13 03:39 PM
    Blackberry is not done so 10.2 is ten times the apple system is. And it's not a conspiracy theory American carriers have continually bashed bb10 because they back apple and if you think I phones don't get returned go to an apple store. And my cousin bought the iPhone 3months ago and it's been one problem after another

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-02-13 03:42 PM
    No they didn't. Take a look what you can do with a Z30 on YouTube. ( I won't search for you) Wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, miracast connection and usb hub connection.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I'm sure that CGK meant that BB don't use that tagline since Thor left.

I'm equally sure that you knew that he meant that too...
    avt123 and Moonbase0ne like this.
    12-02-13 03:42 PM
    BlackBerry is still heavily investing in native sdk's.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is. I'm talking about other developers making native apps instead of just saying "hey they can just download our Android apk if they want".
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:44 PM
    You saw WAY more tv ads than I did, but I don't watch ABC, CBS or NBC so maybe that's why. The ads I did see were weak at best. They tried to be cool and barely showed why the audience should get one. Plus, you need to have a steady advertising budget to cover the entire year, year after year. Android has from day one and look how that's worked for them. Apple has more advertising than Blackberry as well. Of course, this is just what I have observed in my own bubble.
    12-02-13 03:46 PM
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on BlackBerry's short comings. It's really disgusting and a reflection of their own character

Posted via CB10
    Some people are pissed that 4500 quality engineers are being fired because of the incompetence of managers who just walked away with massive payouts. If you think bb10 handset development can carry on in the face of huge job losses and carrier/partner /supplier relationship breakdown, then sadly you are both rude and delusional.
    JeepBB, Cynycl, milo53 and 3 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:48 PM
    Today I think I learned my playbook is Japanese.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    12-02-13 03:49 PM
    On like BING BONG.
    12-02-13 03:50 PM
    I'm a blackberry fan on a BlackBerry fan site. I wouldn't be here unless I was.

Someone should really question their own intelligence if they can't discern opinion from fact.

Posted via CB10
    Correct me if I'm wrong! Crackberry is a Fansite, but not a Fanboy site! Is a Fanboy a Fan? Yeah! Is a Fan a Fanboy? I don't think so. Many of us joined CB because we are fans of BB, some are Fans, some are the Fanboys. Those who are calling other sheeps! Do you see the difference? Or can you see the difference? Or are you willing to see the difference?
    There is something just Fanboys couldn't handle! The truth!
    12-02-13 03:53 PM
    Android is one company? I didn't know.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    It's not and I wasn't implying that. If the manufacturer's phone runs Android it's mentioned (which is usually is) in their ads then use that data as well because it's marketing dollars spent cramming Android.
    12-02-13 03:54 PM
    Today I think I learned my playbook is Japanese.
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization
    I take issue with your signature. Atheism has its prophets: George Bernard Shaw and Richard Dawkins to name but two. In the Bible, the author of Ecclesiastes seems to have been practically an atheist. What it lacks is messiahs.

Back on topic.

Over the last year RIM/BlackBerry has done just about everything wrong by the marketing book. They've even sent out the message that they are open to being bought out and split up. They have done just about everything possible to discourage people from buying the product, while managing to make at least one superior product (the Q10) and somehow almost lose it in the noise.
    Despite this, they haven't yet gone bust. So there is hope.
    kbz1960 and grover5 like this.
    12-02-13 03:57 PM
    Didn't Chen mention that BB would not try to compete on the mass consumer level with Samsung ans Apple but rather concentrate on the ''Prosumer'' market? They are shrinking the company to make it more efficient and at the same time reducing capacity. They gave up on getting ''numbers''. As someone else said on this thread, they can sell a crapload of androids but they aren't making good profits off them. I just got my Z30 and it is undoubtedly the best business phone you can get. BB will go back to catering to professionals and smaller volumes and those that want to play games and listen to songs can get their androids and iPhones.
    12-02-13 04:03 PM
370 ... 34567 ...