12-06-13 06:29 AM
370 ... 23456 ...
tools
    its actually

Q4 = 1 million
    Q1 = 2.7 million
    Q2 = 1.7 million
    Q3 = Dec 20th

So they have around 5.4 shipped so far. I dont see them getting anywhere close to 4.6 million this coming ER though
    The only thing in the tens of millions being announced this quarter are the inventory write downs and those are likely to be in the hundreds of millions once again.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-02-13 02:48 PM
    The problem with this is that. An average person wouldn't do this. And will find it unacceptable to do to get their apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I can only assume that you haven't actually seen how it works, or you wouldn't say that. No, not all users will adopt it, but I could see a good 30-40% uptake, vs maybe 1-3% uptake for "traditional" BB10 sideloading.
    12-02-13 02:49 PM
    I can only assume that you haven't actually seen how it works, or you wouldn't say that. No, not all users will adopt it, but I could see a good 30-40% uptake, vs maybe 1-3% uptake for "traditional" BB10 sideloading.
    Imho there will be increased uptake. However at this point it is very difficult to Guage just what the numbers are. I belive you are on to something with the 30-40% range

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:51 PM
    Well seeing as BlackBerry has only sold "zero" devices you certainly makes a point.

Now back to reality.

BlackBerry will post numbers this quarter that will bring figures over 10 million devices. Correct me if I'm wrong.......that is a lot of devices

Posted via CB10
    No, it is not. Compared to the major players BlackBerry is trying to compete with (Samsung which is the majority of Android sales and Apple which is ALL of iOS sales), that's opening weekend status. Wasn't it just 2 years ago where RIM was selling 8+million devices a quarter?

Selling 10 million devices in one year especially in 2013 is nothing to brag about.
    12-02-13 02:53 PM
    No, it is not. Compared to the major players BlackBerry is trying to compete with (Samsung which is the majority of Android sales and Apple which is ALL of iOS sales), that's opening weekend status. Wasn't it just 2 years ago where RIM was selling 8+million devices a quarter?

Selling 10 million devices in one year especially in 2013 is nothing to brag about.
    I think BlackBerry isn't looking to brag... they are looking to make the platform more attractive to gain more users.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 02:55 PM

Ten million is still a large amount of devices. BlackBerry doesn't need to be number one. Just profitable.

This quarter should be interesting

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:56 PM
    I think BlackBerry isn't looking to brag... they are looking to make the platform more attractive to gain more users.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    This exactly. Well said

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:57 PM
    I know how it works. But going to an average consumer won't know how this works. Yourself or BB or other people are not going to advertise this as a feature. why?? cause they will most likely say, "Why do I need this while, Android already does this". I dunno how BB is going to answer that without causing confusion
    12-02-13 02:58 PM
    Why are studies so inconsistent? I just saw a figure where us market share was 2.5%. The common consensus is 1.5% on the forums. Now this. I don't believe these figures are factual. Will wait to see BlackBerry report figures

Posted via CB10
    market share and sales are different, i would think alot of BB fans from the USA have bought their devices online since they were so delayed releasing there but who knows
    12-02-13 02:58 PM
    Ten million is still a large amount of devices. BlackBerry doesn't need to be number one. Just profitable.

Posted via CB10
    They will be lucky to sell 1.5 million this quarter. If the trend continues, it will take another year or two till they get to 10 million BB10 users.
    12-02-13 03:00 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I didn't say BlackBerry was looking to brag. K-W is trying to make it seem like 10million devices is a lot of device sold. For one quarter? Sure thats a nice amount. For one entire year across four different models? No, it's closer to laughable. It is better than nothing, but we we all know the goal was much much higher. My goal for BB10 was much higher. I thought they would have reached 10 million within half a year, which is still not amazing considering the market leaders, BlackBerrys two main competitors.
    kbz1960 and RedFoxOne like this.
    12-02-13 03:00 PM
    Much as I'm the eternal optimist here, even I'm skeptical that they've sold 10mil BB10 devices at this point.

I'd love to be wrong; I'm a shareholder and mulling over buying more. There's been little Z30 promotion, though, and while I may have my nits to pick on these Kantar figures, I doubt they're too far wrong. Not seeing much upside before the middle of next year.
    As you say, you are the eternal optimist on BB10 but here I agree with you. Even using BB's own ER figures for the last few quarters indicate that 10M BB10 achieved sales as of today are a wildly optimistic dream.

Chin up TB, we might both be wrong and 10M cumulative BB10 sales will be announced on 20th December.
    kbz1960 and h20work like this.
    12-02-13 03:03 PM
    Let's step back and look at reality for a minute.

Sells will not be good for a quarter where the perception was the company was going out of business. This should not surprise anyone.

The company has new leadership, a new direction. The fans are hoping this new team will be fix for the problems we all recognize.

Those that cry out for BlackBerry's demise hope the new team will not be successful and will point to anything to say it won't happen.

Today, we have a letter from BlackBerry saying they are here to stay. They will continue making headsets. Everything us fans have been waiting for.

In no time at all, this thread appears.

1+1=2

There is one point to this thread and we should all be able to recognize it. Let's go look for something productive to do today and let the Chicken Littles play here in this thread.

Byes!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    excellent parallel!

Posted via CB10
    Stop putting spin on every single thing you type . No one said they NEED to be or are TRYING to be number one. What is being said is 10 million devices in one year is not impressive.

Whether you like it or not, their sales will be compared to those they are competing with.
    kbz1960 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    Stop putting spin on every single thing you type . No one said they NEED to be or are TRYING to be number one. What is being said is 10 million devices in one year is not impressive.

Whether you like it or not, their sales will be compared to those they are competing with.
    Compared to the top 3.....thiae numbers aren't impressive.

As far as solidifying a solid ecosystem and investment in the means of app development it is. It's about baby steps. Infant platform needs support in all directions. 10 million devices will be a good mile stone

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:10 PM
    Nah, these Kantar figures mean nothing.

I'm waiting for someone to post the StatCounter numbers to prove that BB10 is selling like hot cakes...
    12-02-13 03:10 PM

Except 10 million might be enough for first party app devs to start developing bb10 apps. And so the cycle to get more users continues.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:12 PM
    You can't want something you've never seen... nothing to do with product being rejected... the message hasn't been sent..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Verizon put out a ton of Z10 advertisements when it launched. I saw at least 5 BB10 commercials a day for about 2 months, and ads all over stores for VZW.

I had people come up to me and ask me "Is that the new BB". They know it is hear. They just didn't want anything to do with it besides look.

I find BB10 to be excellent. I wish others would as well.
    kbz1960, flyingsolid and techvisor like this.
    12-02-13 03:14 PM
    If blackberry hits 10 million devices in a shorter time frame than windows phone it will be considered a success over a competitor

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:15 PM
    Compared to the top 3.....thiae numbers aren't impressive.

As far as solidifying a solid ecosystem and investment in the means of app development it is. It's about baby steps. Infant platform needs support in all directions. 10 million devices will be a good mile stone

Posted via CB10
    But things do not look like they are getting better. Rogers didn't even want to sell the Z30. Verizon is only US carrier selling the Z30. That is not good. US carriers even seem to be phasing BB out all together according to some reports and users experiences on this forums (Tmobile users).

They are still crawling, they haven't even reached baby steps.

Except 10 million might be enough for first party app devs to start developing bb10 apps. And so the cycle to get more users continues.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    It may possibly, but it is doubtful. Especially when BlackBerry is making it easier and easier to just use Android apps, the native experience seems like an afterthought.
    12-02-13 03:18 PM
    If blackberry hits 10 million devices in a shorter time frame than windows phone it will be considered a success over a competitor

Posted via CB10
    Success over a competitor that really hasn't been successful.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-02-13 03:19 PM

It may possibly, but it is doubtful. Especially when BlackBerry is making it easier and easier to just use Android apps, the native experience seems like an afterthought.
    BlackBerry is still heavily investing in native sdk's.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:20 PM
    Well shipped ain't sold so throwing around the magical 10 million number means Jack Squat.

Shipped ain't sold. Not one person I know who had or has a blackberry has any plans on buying another one. That to me speaks for itself.
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-02-13 03:22 PM
    This isn't kindergarten, they don't award prizes to everyone regardless of how they did.

Nobody, outside of the CB faithful, will be using the word "success" to describe the achievement of selling a pitiful number of phones faster than the #3 competitor.

And BB wouldn't achieve that dubious milestone anyway would they? IIRC, last quarter Nokia (alone!) sold 6.8M WP8 handsets... BB sold 1.7M BB10 handsets. I'd be astonished if there aren't already 10M+ WP handsets sold by now.
    kbz1960, Etios and MarsupilamiX like this.
    12-02-13 03:23 PM
    Pretty sure blackberry phones have to be smuggled into China because they are banned for being too secure for the Chinese government to hack.

Sent from my Z30
    I recall seeing dev alpha devices for sales from china.
    12-02-13 03:24 PM
370 ... 23456 ...