12-06-13 07:29 AM
370 12345 ...
tools
    Why are studies so inconsistent? I just saw a figure where us market share was 2.5%. The common consensus is 1.5% on the forums. Now this. I don't believe these figures are factual. Will wait to see BlackBerry report figures
    Blackberry's market share has become too small/insignificant to measure accurately. The figures provided by the research firms are likely within their stated statistical margin of error. (While no one will notice +/- 1% point for iOS or Android, it will have significant shock waves for Blackberry.)

The best/most honest approach is to stop publishing Blackberry market share numbers altogether and relegate the OS to "Other" to properly reflect its usage.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-02-13 03:22 PM
    Are you saying 10M BB10 devices? I assume that's is cumulative since launch?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    I would expect BB10 sales to start to decline not grow any further - you can't be increasing sales as devices EOL and carriers start to drop you - in the UK, the second largest mobile retailer stopped selling BB10 and the Z30 is so few networks it cannot be expected to sell in large quantities.
    JeepBB, Etios, techvisor and 1 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:22 PM
    The BB faithful can't accept the truth and the cold hard facts that BB is failing and that BB10 has been a MASSIVE flop.
    I don't think the issue is so much with the product. If there were more general confidence in BlackBerry's survival I'm sure we'd be seeing stronger sales.

BB10 is a decent platform. If potential buyers actually looked at it and used it, I'm confident it could find a market. The problem now is that many users walk into a store and don't look at BB at all either because they assume they're already out of business or because they are steered away from it.

There are ways through this, believe it or not, but short of implementing a "got-to-have" killer feature, the recovery isn't going to happen overnight.
    12-02-13 03:23 PM
    here is last months numbers

Attachment 226297
    Wow WP8 is being adopted at a pretty steady pace worlwide (excluding China where Android is *virtually untested.)
    cckgz4 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:23 PM
    It's also been a favorite to falsify facts on BlackBerry just to make a buck.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    This is news to me. Can you cite an investigative report that reinforces your claim?
    12-02-13 03:24 PM
    Well seeing as BlackBerry has only sold "zero" devices you certainly makes a point.

Now back to reality.
    Zero as measured by the market share methodology - in the same way that TV shows can be watched by less than 100,000 people and be registered as Zero.

BB10 is a decent platform. If potential buyers actually looked at it and used it, I'm confident it could find a market. The problem now is that many users walk into a store and don't look at BB at all either because they assume they're already out of business or because they are steered away from it.
    Or increasingly because it's not in stores to start with.
    12-02-13 03:24 PM
    BlackBerry will soon have 10 million devices sold. In less than a year that is still a lot of adopters of the platform

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:27 PM
    Well seeing as BlackBerry has only sold "zero" devices you certainly makes a point.

Now back to reality.

BlackBerry will post numbers this quarter that will bring figures over 10 million devices. Correct me if I'm wrong.......that is a lot of devices

Posted via CB10
    Much as I'm the eternal optimist here, even I'm skeptical that they've sold 10mil BB10 devices at this point.

I'd love to be wrong; I'm a shareholder and mulling over buying more. There's been little Z30 promotion, though, and while I may have my nits to pick on these Kantar figures, I doubt they're too far wrong. Not seeing much upside before the middle of next year.
    JeepBB, kbz1960, h20work and 2 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:28 PM
    This is news to me. Can you cite an investigative report that reinforces your claim?
    It was in the news around 6 months ago. But take a look at this http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/...berrys-tumble/

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:29 PM
    Its not just BlackBerry having trouble selling smart phones. Looks like Motorola only sold about 500K Moto-X since they were introduced in August. Motorola used to own the cellular market, much like Blackberry owned the smart phone market.

I suspect with the exception of iPhones, high end smart phones are selling pretty slowly.

Moto X Disappointment - Only 500,000 Sold
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:29 PM
    The app gap is what's harming consumer adoption. Now that 10.2.1 supports third party Android app stores, we should see a renewed interest in the platform

Consumers now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps. This is huge for the platform

Posted via CB10
    The problem with this is that. An average person wouldn't do this. And will find it unacceptable to do to get their apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-02-13 03:30 PM
    The app gap is what's harming consumer adoption. Now that 10.2.1 supports third party Android app stores, we should see a renewed interest in the platform

Consumers now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps. This is huge for the platform

Posted via CB10
    But without proper marketing, who out there knows that BB10 is integrating with the Android marketplaces? Just us techies. As long as the perception in the marketplace is that Blackberry doesn't have a robust app store, then that will be one aspect holding the platform back. Marketing has to take the reigns in order to make it known that Android apps can be installed on BB10. Also, BB has to get the carrier-approved release of 10.2.1 into the wild as soon as possible!
    Last edited by KoreyTM; 12-02-13 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Couldn't say "No one" knows that BB10 is integrating with the Android markets. Just us techies.
    fanatical likes this.
    12-02-13 03:30 PM
    There's actually a ton of articles on short sellers... so yea it's a given that people will falsify facts to make money off BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:31 PM
    Much as I'm the eternal optimist here, even I'm skeptical that they've sold 10mil BB10 devices at this point.

I'd love to be wrong; I'm a shareholder and mulling over buying more. There's been little Z30 promotion, though, and while I may have my nits to pick on these Kantar figures, I doubt they're too far wrong. Not seeing much upside before the middle of next year.
    I was implying 10 million in the upcoming months. With solid numbers this quarter BlackBerry should hit 10 million devices shipped. There is a potential this quarter to have 10 million devices sold. For BlackBerry's sake. I would like to see 10 million sold. It's a reality if they show at least 5 million devices this quarter

Ps. Thunderbuck you are my favorite poster on CB

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:32 PM
    Its not just BlackBerry having trouble selling smart phones. Looks like Motorola only sold about 500K Moto-X since they were introduced in August. Motorola used to own the cellular market, much like Blackberry owned the smart phone market.

I suspect with the exception of iPhones, high end smart phones are selling pretty slowly.

Moto X Disappointment - Only 500,000 Sold
    The market is saturated with quality phones. That's why.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:32 PM

Now back to reality.

BlackBerry will post numbers this quarter that will bring figures over 10 million devices. Correct me if I'm wrong.......that is a lot of devices

Posted via CB10
    http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...ss_Release.pdf
    During the second quarter the company recognized hardware revenue on
    approximately 3.7 million BlackBerry smartphones. Most of the units recognized are BlackBerry 7
    devices
    , in part because certain BlackBerry 10 devices that were shipped in the second quarter of fiscal
    2014 will not be recognized until those devices are sold through to end customers
    BlackBerry Earnings Q1 2014: $0.13 per share loss, Stock plummets | BGR
    The company shipped a total of 6.8 million smartphones in the quarter, and it did not state how many of those were BlackBerry 10 devices. The company did state in a subsequent earnings call that it had sold 2.7 million BlackBerry 10 devices on the quarter, however.
    Q1 = 2.7 M (shipped number)
    Q2 = 1 M (sold - assuming that MOST means not all)

So maybe up to the the end of the second quarter they had sold 4 Million BB10 devices.... Launch Buzz gone, Marketing gone, Advertising gone.... the only thing that is a positive for BB10 in this quarter is the limited launch of the Z30 and the cut in pricing for the Z10. But I don't see us coming close to breaking 10 million, we will be lucky to break 5 million.
    Cynycl, ccbs, Etios and 9 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:37 PM
    It was in the news around 6 months ago. But take a look at this Short Sellers Salivate as BlackBerry Tumbles - MoneyBeat - WSJ

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I can understand how short sellers are trying to make a quick buck off of Blackberry, that kind of stuff happens; but I didn't see anything in the article the shows Kantar's roll in relegating BB's market status through questionable market reports.
    Sorry, but BB10 is here to stay*

*until it's not.
    missing_K-W and damien kupuku like this.
    I can understand how short sellers are trying to make a quick buck off of Blackberry, that kind of stuff happens; but I didn't see anything in the article the shows Kantar's roll in relegating BB's market status through questionable market reports.
    Well my point is shorters love negative news against BlackBerry... it only benefits them and would have no problems making fake headlines...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:39 PM

So maybe up to the the end of the second quarter they had sold 4 Million BB10 devices.... Launch Buzz gone, Marketing gone, Advertising gone.... the only thing that is a positive for BB10 in this quarter is the limited launch of the Z30 and the cut in pricing for the Z10. But I don't see us coming close to breaking 10 million, we will be lucky to break 5 million.
    You now stand corrected.
    12-02-13 03:42 PM
    I was implying 10 million in the upcoming months. With solid numbers this quarter BlackBerry should hit 10 million devices shipped. There is a potential this quarter to have 10 million devices sold. For BlackBerry's sake. I would like to see 10 million sold. It's a reality if they show at least 5 million devices this quarter
    Oh, so you're saying 5M and then hopefully 10M devices in a single quarter? So that's not just BB10 devices then. You're talking about BB7 and BB10 together?
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-02-13 03:43 PM

its actually

Q4 = 1 million
    Q1 = 2.7 million
    Q2 = 1.7 million
    Q3 = Dec 20th

So they have around 5.4 shipped so far. I dont see them getting anywhere close to 4.6 million this coming ER though
    JeepBB, kbz1960, Etios and 6 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:44 PM
    The reality is that bb10 is less than a year on the market. BlackBerry will hit 10 million devices sold in the coming months. That is a large number. Many Android oems would love these figures

Posted via CB10
    Ok. So its has almost been out one year and they are basically non existent in public view. I saw more Storms in one week than I have in almost a ear of BB10 being out with 4 different devices.

BlackBerry isn't new. New users don't want the new platform.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-02-13 03:45 PM
    Ok. So its has almost been out one year and they are basically non existent in public view. I saw more Storms in one week than I have in almost a ear of BB10 being out with 4 different devices.

BlackBerry isn't new. New users don't want the new platform.
    You can't want something you've never seen... nothing to do with product being rejected... the message hasn't been sent..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    thisiscjay likes this.
    12-02-13 03:47 PM
    You should never let the facts get in the way of a good delusion. Let em spin on about how relevant BB10 is and laugh.

Dis thread makes me laugh
    It's all we can do.

Your signature is great.
    Cynycl, JeepBB, collinc93 and 1 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:47 PM
370 12345 ...