12-06-13 06:29 AM
370 1234 ...
tools
    here is last months numbers

BlackBerry sales drop near zero in US, China, Spain and Japan, research says-219791d1384263300t-australian-blackberry-sales-triple-2pzi.jpg
    12-02-13 01:58 PM
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on BlackBerry's short comings. It's really disgusting and a reflection of their own character

Posted via CB10
    Can't honest, intellectually sound reality checks have a place here too? Hope and enthusiasm alone does not make a successful business plan.
    kbz1960, m1a1mg, Donvald and 6 others like this.
    12-02-13 02:00 PM
    How many companies make android devices? How companies make BlackBerry devices ? Do the math.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I did the math, it shows BB10 is not selling and BB is losing a ton of money every quarter. Maybe you need to recheck your math.....

Samsung sells more phones than BB, so does LG, SONY, HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, etc. BB10 has been out for for almost a year and their sales are dismal. Why can't you and K W see this?

First it was, oh the Z10 wasn't on sale for the whole quarter.....then it was, oh, the Q10 wasn't on sale for the whole quarter.......let me guess what the next excuse will be during the December ER lol.
    Donvald, Etios, h20work and 2 others like this.
    12-02-13 02:01 PM
    I did the math, it shows BB10 is not selling and BB is losing a ton of money every quarter. Maybe you need to recheck your math.....

Samsung sells more phones than BB, so does LG, SONY, HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, etc. BB10 has been out for for almost a year and their sales are dismal. Why can't you and K W see this?

First it was, oh the Z10 wasn't on sale for the whole quarter.....then it was, oh, the Q10 wasn't on sale for the whole quarter.......let me guess what the next excuse will be during the December ER lol.
    Huawei lenovo and htc sell more than BlackBerry ? With what facts ? Samsung takes the largest percentage of android sells and no other android oem comes close..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Mecca EL and BBuser025 like this.
    12-02-13 02:03 PM
    This is exactly the case. Kantar isn't to be considered a reliable source as they void to much critical information

Posted via CB10
    Except corporations and stock markets out there look to these reports, including Kantar, to help affect market decisions. If Kantar weren't reliable, then their reports wouldn't be referenced in trade magazines and blogs.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-02-13 02:03 PM

The issue is getting an infant platform to gain traction. Now that BlackBerry has correct price points this will help consumer adoption. This and allowing end users direct access to to Android apk's.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:04 PM
    Except corporations and stock markets out there look to these reports, including Kantar, to help affect market decisions. If Kantar weren't reliable, then their reports wouldn't be referenced in trade magazines and blogs.
    It's also been a favorite to falsify facts on BlackBerry just to make a buck.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Mecca EL, Loc22, BBuser025 and 1 others like this.
    12-02-13 02:05 PM
    The Kantar numbers have been tracking reality pretty well haven't they? If you think back several quarters now, they are on a different cycle from BB's own numbers, but it seems BB numbers have always confirmed the trends that Kantar has been showing.

Windows is doing very well these past few months. I think it's safe to say BB is now really trying to be the 4th platform? At least for the foreseeable future, the podium is filled now 1-2-3, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    cckgz4, Bsbudd, Etios and 2 others like this.
    12-02-13 02:06 PM
    Isn't kantar methodology based on consumer surveys and excludes corporate purchases, which would make BlackBerry look even worse? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    Yes, their Comtech panels only guage consumer demand. If you take this information and contrast it with another reporting house that takes corporate interest into consideration, then you can distinguish the difference between consumer and corporate demand of Blackberry.

Telecoms - Kantar Worldpanel
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    12-02-13 02:07 PM
    Some of the posters on CB really get off on BlackBerry's short comings. It's really disgusting and a reflection of their own character

Posted via CB10
    Getting off on their shortcomings? Maybe it is just BlackBerry fanboys being over sensitive to information gathered by a certain company about your beloved product.

When these reports were posted when BlackBerry was in the lead everyone was singing praise and loving that RIM was king. Now these charts are showing how BlackBerry is nowhere where they use to be, showing how they are at the bottom and everyone has to flutter around for some excuses to discredit it.

These numbers seem accurate. I have had the Z10 since US launch and only know a few people who have it all of which bought it because of me. I still have not seen ONE person in public with it and I live in one of the most populated areas of the United States. I know my personal experience is anecdotal, but it almost exactly mirrors these figures.

BB10 is nonexistent in the US, and the newest flagship is only on ONE carrier. Is this honestly a surprise? Let's all wake up now please. Supporting the platform is one thing, not being able to recognize the reality of things is another.
    JeepBB, kbz1960, Donvald and 12 others like this.
    12-02-13 02:08 PM
    And they should scrap BB10 because they weren't established in Japan and China in the first place??? And that $200 Z10 sell that was sold out in the US wasn't taken into account I'm guessing.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    That is only a drop in the bucket. I highly doubt the online store was able to move millions of units in such a short period of time; maybe tens of thousands, but definitely not millions.
    12-02-13 02:08 PM
    Getting off on their shortcomings? Maybe it is just BlackBerry fanboys being over sensitive to information gathered by a certain company about your beloved product.

When these reports were posted when BlackBerry was in the lead everyone was singing praise and loving that RIM was king. Now these charts are showing how BlackBerry is nowhere where they use to be, showing how they are at the bottom and everyone has to flutter around for some excuses to discredit it.

These numbers seem accurate. I have had the Z10 since US launch and only know a few people who have it all of which bought it because of me. I still have not seen ONE person in public with is and I live in one of the most populated areas of the United States. I know my personal experience is anecdotal, but it almost exactly mirrors these figures.

BB10 is nonexistent in the US, and the newest flagship is only on ONE carrier. Is this honestly a surprise? Let's all wake up now please. Supporting the platform is one thing, not being able to recognize the reality of things is another.
    The reality is that bb10 is less than a year on the market. BlackBerry will hit 10 million devices sold in the coming months. That is a large number. Many Android oems would love these figures

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-02-13 02:10 PM
    Yeah the cold hard fact that BlackBerry has never sold in Japan in China, maybe take that it of the discussion and we can talk about bb10 sales.

Sent from my Z30
    The real story here is the U.S. and Spain. In this case, it would be a faux pas to bring up Japan and China's Blackberry marketshare because, as you've already stated, Blackberry didn't deploy BB10 there.

To see the U.S. and Spain decrease so much in marketshare is what's newsworthy here. Even the EU5 took a massive hit in consumer demand.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 02:11 PM
    The real story here is the U.S. and Spain. In this case, it would be a faux pas to bring up Japan and China's Blackberry marketshare because, as you've already stated, Blackberry didn't deploy BB10 there.

To see the U.S. and Spain decrease so much in marketshare is what's newsworthy here. Even the EU5 took a massive hit in consumer demand.
    Yeah and nobody is denying that they took a hit... the sell of the company is now off and we should see numbers steady up once Chen gets a grip on the company.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    KoreyTM and damien kupuku like this.
    12-02-13 02:15 PM

These numbers seem accurate. I have had the Z10 since US launch and only know a few people who have it all of which bought it because of me. I still have not seen ONE person in public with it and I live in one of the most populated areas of the United States. I know my personal experience is anecdotal, but it almost exactly mirrors these figures.

You should never let the facts get in the way of a good delusion. Let em spin on about how relevant BB10 is and laugh.

Dis thread makes me laugh
    avt123, JeepBB, cckgz4 and 5 others like this.
    Let's step back and look at reality for a minute.

Sells will not be good for a quarter where the perception was the company was going out of business. This should not surprise anyone.

The company has new leadership, a new direction. The fans are hoping this new team will be fix for the problems we all recognize.

Those that cry out for BlackBerry's demise hope the new team will not be successful and will point to anything to say it won't happen.

Today, we have a letter from BlackBerry saying they are here to stay. They will continue making headsets. Everything us fans have been waiting for.

In no time at all, this thread appears.

1+1=2

There is one point to this thread and we should all be able to recognize it. Let's go look for something productive to do today and let the Chicken Littles play here in this thread.

Byes!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    The app gap is what's harming consumer adoption. Now that 10.2.1 supports third party Android app stores, we should see a renewed interest in the platform

Consumers now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps. This is huge for the platform

Posted via CB10
    The Kantar numbers have been tracking reality pretty well haven't they? If you think back several quarters now, they are on a different cycle from BB's own numbers, but it seems BB numbers have always confirmed the trends that Kantar has been showing.

Windows is doing very well these past few months. I think it's safe to say BB is now really trying to be the 4th platform? At least for the foreseeable future, the podium is filled now 1-2-3, isn't it?

That brings up an interesting point. It took Windows Phone awhile to get traction, but it seems that the market was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and be patient simply because MS is a behemoth with money. Is the reason that no one has patience for a BB turnaround the uncertainty swirling around the company and their puny bankroll or BB10 itself, or what?
    12-02-13 02:16 PM
    BlackBerry now has a device targeting the mid tier price points. Adoption of the platform will surely increase

Posted via CB10
    One can definitely hope so. Though, as for me, after being a WebOS evangelist and seeing how that turned out, I now try to steer clear of any kind of platform partisanship. Needless to say, I went down with the WebOS ship because I wanted it to succeed so badly. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to BB, but I've seen similar writing on the wall before. That's just my opinion.
    12-02-13 02:16 PM
    People are talking here as if the figures are for BB10 - these are figures that include BB7 which makes up the majority of sales - if it was BB10 alone, it would be zero in every market.
    boi2012, JeepBB, m1a1mg and 9 others like this.
    12-02-13 02:18 PM
    The reality is that bb10 is less than a year on the market. BlackBerry will hit 10 million devices sold in the coming months. That is a large number. Many Android oems would love these figures

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying 10M BB10 devices? I assume that is cumulative since launch?

12-02-13 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's always OK to constructively criticize something when that thing is making questionable decisions. Constructive criticism can lead to good things, especially when it deals with a company's shortcomings. I'm guessing what you're talking about are trolls who just come here to bash without offering any insight. Yeah, those people do show their true character, but that's the Internet for you.
    anon1727506 and milo53 like this.
    People are talking here as if the figures are for BB10 - these are figures that include BB7 which makes up the majority of sales - if it was BB10 alone, it would be zero in every market.
    Not being argumentative, but are we sure that's still the case for this time period across all regions? Do we have the numbers?
    damien kupuku likes this.
    BlackBerry now has a device targeting the mid tier price points. Adoption of the platform will surely increase

Posted via CB10
    Problem is the only ones buying BlackBerry BB10 device are ones leaving BBOS, and the pickup rate has NOT been 1 for 1. also there are those that that have multiple devices - it's great that many here have two, three or four BB10 devices - but they are still just one user unless those are on separate carrier plans. Marketshare is shrinking because no one outside of the BlackBerry nation knows that 10.2 is MUCH better than what was released at launch. That 10.2.1 "could be" a game changer for BlackBerry.

Most people buy what a friend or family member has, what they have seen in a commercial (seen any BlackBerry commercials lately?) or what a salesperson tells them will be the best fit - features/price/ease of use (any sales people pushing BlackBerry?).

Until you see BlackBerry do a relaunch with new devices at all price points and a finished BB10.3+ and a big marketing campaign.... Sales will continue struggle along as the have and the overall BlackBerry platform with continue to shrink.
    kbz1960 and R Field like this.
    12-02-13 02:22 PM
    Well seeing as BlackBerry has only sold "zero" devices you certainly makes a point.

Now back to reality.

BlackBerry will post numbers this quarter that will bring figures over 10 million devices. Correct me if I'm wrong.......that is a lot of devices

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:22 PM
370 1234 ...