I hope this is true guys. Fingers crossed. Posted from N4BB.

BlackBerry 'Rio' the Next High-end All-touch | N4BB

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 09:15 AM
    Lot's of in depth information there....

Simple put, a lot depends on long term sales of the Passport and how the Classic is received. BlackBerry doesn't want to commit until they know more about how the platform is being received.
    11-20-14 09:26 AM
    Anything wrong with the existing thread on this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=977856

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 09:35 AM
    Lot's of in depth information there....

Simple put, a lot depends on long term sales of the Passport and how the Classic is received. BlackBerry doesn't want to commit until they know more about how the platform is being received.
    Well not necessarily. QWERTY is a different breed and they have there place. The passport is already a success from a publicity perspective, sales and profit. Yes, I said profit become if you paid attention to Chen's financial update a few weeks ago, you would have noticed that BlackBerry was actually making money on its hardware. I bet it has something to do with the passport. This change is not too surprising as BlackBerry has really tighten up its supply chain and cost structure.

Anyhow, an all touch will have to stand on its own merits. Like the passport, there will have to be enough sales to keep it going. Differentiation will be the key and in this regard BlackBerry needs to come up with something unique. Blend is a good start but I would like to see BlackBerry use the phone to drive other dummy devices that have different form factors. Now that would be cool and something that the competition couldn't or wouldn't touch.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:54 AM