10-03-13 01:16 AM
57 123
tools
    If Cerberus takes over then you will likely see the end of BlackBerry making handsets. I don't think that they will make a offer that is better than Fairfax tho as Prem Watsa sees the long term goals and will be investing for that. Cerberus will be looking for immediate return on investment. BBM, QNX, and etc will be split and sold...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:28 PM
    You know of mass effect????:O

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Yes, I am aware of "Mass Effect." =)
    Xandrex_BSCF likes this.
    10-02-13 01:29 PM
    Shareholders should get maximum benefit out of a deal to take the company private. If Fairfax is serious then it will have to pay more. If someone else buys the company for more and guts it, then more power to the shareholders IMHO. I want to see BlackBerry succeed, but this Fairfax deal is about a scummy as it can get under the circumstances.
    Well, at today's trading prices the shareholders would be getting a "maximum benefit". In fact, it would be a rather nice premium.

You never know, they may just do a hostile takeover at the prevailing price and be done with it.
    10-02-13 01:50 PM
    If Cerberus buys it, then it will be chopped up for parts and left for dead.
    AND Thor gets real paid.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    10-02-13 01:56 PM
    Cerberus is not buying BlackBerry. Well, they might, but it is all rather presumptuous at this point. Who knows what will happen next with BlackBerry? All these countless articles are just link bait.
    10-02-13 02:04 PM
    Not too keen on Cerberus buying Blackberry. Hopefully the Board smartens up but then again do they even care...
    10-02-13 02:07 PM
    Cerberus is an American company. The Canadian gov. will step in if that was the case. I really hope this doesn't happen. Cerberus is evil.
    10-02-13 02:15 PM
    And so do I

Cerberus sounds like a butcher to me, from what I'm hearing

Posted via CB10
    YES.

10-02-13 02:30 PM
    Yes, I am aware of "Mass Effect." =)
    ONE OF THE BEST RPGS EVER CREATED.

10-02-13 02:31 PM
    ONE OF THE BEST RPGS EVER CREATED.

Agreed.
    Xandrex_BSCF and IgotsThis like this.
    10-02-13 02:33 PM
    Couple of interesting questions to you guys:

. Given their business objective, if Ceberus wins the bid to buy BlackBerry, do you think they will leave BlackBerry in one piece?

. Given the tight relationship between Mr. Prem Watsa and Mike Lazaridis, do you think Fairfax will keep BlackBerry in one piece?

. Do you think BlackBerry board of directors cares who will buy BlackBerry?

. Do you think BlackBerry will release XBBM before it knows for sure who the buyer is?

. How many Z30 do you think BlackBerry will sell before potential customers know who the buyer will be?

Post via CB Z10
    10-02-13 03:03 PM
    Couple of interesting questions to you guys:

. Given their business objective, if Ceberus wins the bid to buy BlackBerry, do you think they will leave BlackBerry in one piece?

. Given the tight relationship between Mr. Prem Watsa and Mike Lazaridis, do you think Fairfax will keep BlackBerry in one piece?

. Do you think BlackBerry board of directors cares who will buy BlackBerry?

. Do you think BlackBerry will release XBBM before it knows for sure who the buyer is?

. How many Z30 do you think BlackBerry will sell before potential customers know who the buyer will be?

Post via CB Z10
    NO
    NO
    NO
    Maybe... don't think buyer matters, think it is a matter of getting it to work.
    125 (not thousand either)
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 03:32 PM
    If Cerberus ends up owning BBRY, all bets are of.
    10-02-13 03:35 PM
    Best part of this story is in the title "...and other firms"
    10-02-13 03:36 PM
    Omg not cerberus. I can't stand them. They took over the company I work for and they knew nothing about running it and they lost about $19 million when they sold it...lol. I do not want them touching BlackBerry.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    That's sort of ironic. How many millions did Blackberry lose while Prem Watsa was a member of Blackberries board of directors?
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    10-02-13 05:16 PM
    That's sort of ironic. How many millions did Blackberry lose while Prem Watsa was a member of Blackberries board of directors?
    bb fans think PW could save the company.

I would argue if PW buys bbry in Nov., he would break bbry fast than anybody else out there, because he really does not have a deep pocket like other names which are rumored interested in bbry.

It is all business, Whether it is PW, or somebody else, they take bbry private for profit ONLY.
    Rooster99 and richardat like this.
    10-02-13 06:01 PM
    Yeah, a company named after a three headed hell hound should never be trusted.
    They basically take a company and hallow it out. We could have lost Chrysler if it wasn't for the government and Fiat.

BlackBerry needs a better second chance at life.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:05 PM
    They basically take a company and hallow it out. We could have lost Chrysler if it wasn't for the government and Fiat.

BlackBerry needs a better second chance at life.

Posted via CB10
    Daimler looted the pension fund and dumped Chrysler. They probably did more harm than this one. Anyone any company that want to loot a company can see BlackBerry is a good buy. Pay 4.7 Billion, have access to 2.6 Billion and part out the rest. This is why I think the Fairfax offer is a joke.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:14 PM

I would argue if PW buys bbry in Nov., he would break bbry fast than anybody else out there, because he really does not have a deep pocket like other names which are rumored interested in bbry.

It is all business, Whether it is PW, or somebody else, they take bbry private for profit ONLY.
    +1 . The Canadian government probably won't allow a foreign company to take over Blackberry. People keep hoping the Fairfax deal goes through as fast as possible. They will break up the company real quick and sell it off.
    10-02-13 06:40 PM
    Would Cerberus - or others - break up the company? Sounds like it would be pretty tough to do :

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...up-rim-856570/

- R.
    10-02-13 06:54 PM
    well that isnt good if that is true. If they were helping back FF offer that would be good
    In a backhanded way, even THAT helps. If other parties are showing interest in BB, it helps establish value.
    10-02-13 07:12 PM

You guys are just too funny. The parts if broken up wouldn't make up what Fairfax has lost so far. The only way for anyone to make money from BB is to fire management and put people in there who can develop and market the great products that they have.
    10-02-13 09:31 PM
    Daimler looted the pension fund and dumped Chrysler. They probably did more harm than this one. Anyone any company that want to loot a company can see BlackBerry is a good buy. Pay 4.7 Billion, have access to 2.6 Billion and part out the rest. This is why I think the Fairfax offer is a joke.

Posted via CB10
    If Blackberry was a good buy, there would be lots who would want to buy it and sell the pieces. EXCEPT there isn't anyone else than Fairfax as all the parts of Blackberry are intertwined and are not able to be easily split up. Everything that they have except cash and patents use the NOC, so who get's what? So all they have are cash and patents that might be able to be sold. BUT, to close down everything else would eat the cash. Take the cash out and I have seen estimates of 1.5 to 2 billion for patents. Seems like a loss..
    10-02-13 09:38 PM
    Bet the Canadian government says no the this chop shop
    If they buy the company, as a private entity, then the Canadian Government would not have one say in the matter. They could burn the place to the ground if they wanted to. They paid for it.
    10-02-13 10:26 PM
    You guys are just too funny. The parts if broken up wouldn't make up what Fairfax has lost so far. The only way for anyone to make money from BB is to fire management and put people in there who can develop and market the great products that they have.
    In my opinion, there are a very few people around here who are spreading a lot of misinformation and seem to be willfully ignorant of the facts about this mess.

In my opinion, you're basically the leader of that pack.

This post is totally absurd and untruthful. If Fairfax acquires the whole firm for $9/share and agrees to sell off the parts, they could make up the losses on their current position in about 5 minutes. In fact they will almost certainly come out ahead and not just break even, when the tax losses are factored in.

Do you seriously not understand that there's easily $600MM in value to be realized by an acquirer at $9 who breaks the company up? At $8 it's a joke.

I think I'm being trolled.
    10-02-13 11:21 PM
57 123