11-09-14 04:07 AM
    It is important to note that with the lowest R&D spends in the market, BlackBerry still developed a brand new operating system that is so much unique and better than other OS's that have spent atleast a double of that and also taken much longer time to develop / evolve. Microsoft has still not got it right after so many years. Apple's copied features out of BlackBerry in its latest OS update. That says a lot.

Q10
    11-09-14 04:12 AM
    That's some serious dollar for a company that size.
    The comments, oh, the comments... *smh*

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-09-14 12:58 PM
    I find it interesting that microsoft can spend the amount that they do and still push out a near universally-loathed product like Windows 8 for desktop. I know a lot of people like its capabilities, but the number of people I know who despise of it is staggering.

Maybe there is something to be said for a smaller, more nimble company??

Posted via CB10
    Grafic111 likes this.
    11-09-14 10:36 PM
    I find it interesting that microsoft can spend the amount that they do and still push out a near universally-loathed product like Windows 8 for desktop. I know a lot of people like its capabilities, but the number of people I know who despise of it is staggering.

Maybe there is something to be said for a smaller, more nimble company??

Posted via CB10
    How to bloat bloatware... ?
    Actually, Win8's memory management is much improved over Win7, and with Classic Shell it's not really that bad. Love the "pausable" copy dialog!

Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 11-12-14 at 05:06 AM.
    11-12-14 02:52 AM
    Actually, Win8's memory management is much improved over Win7, and with Classic Shell it's not really that bad. Love the "pausable" copy dialog!

Not to mention that game performance is better on windows 8.

Anyways, percentage wise, BlackBerry spent more but it's good that they're trying to keep up.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:06 AM
    Then there are those that compare BB to OnePlus and wants BB to put out a $300 passport. As I've said, Google did their R&D, they can afford to put out a $300 phone with good specs. They have no R&D cost to cover.
    11-12-14 08:22 AM
    You can compare Google 7B thus far in 2014, Apple 4.7B thus far in 2014 and Blackberry 669M thus far in 2014 R&D over the last few quarters and historically.

Both of the giants are pouring in money as they expand out of their traditional spheres. Blackberry has had to trim expenses during the turnaround phase but should resume its impressive R&D investment given its size.
    11-12-14 07:44 PM
    Then there are those that compare BB to OnePlus and wants BB to put out a $300 passport. As I've said, Google did their R&D, they can afford to put out a $300 phone with good specs. They have no R&D cost to cover.
    It's true. Google doesn't need to make a cent on the device sale. As soon as you login to your Gmail account they are making money off you.

Keep up that spending BlackBerry. Keep making awesome products!

Posted via CB10
    lawguyman likes this.
    11-13-14 08:48 AM
    You can compare Google 7B thus far in 2014, Apple 4.7B thus far in 2014 and Blackberry 669M thus far in 2014 R&D over the last few quarters and historically.
    A lot of Google's projects are long term and far reaching, such as self-driving automobiles. One would think BlackBerry's focus will be on the Internet of Things if they feel there is meaningful growth opportunity in that segment.

It's not only about handheld devices anymore.
    11-13-14 08:53 AM

Yea. I boot up right to desktop. Sometimes don't even remember I'm using 8

Posted via CB10
    Witmen likes this.
    11-13-14 12:04 PM
    Yea. I boot up right to desktop. Sometimes don't even remember I'm using 8

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I absolutely love Windows 8. It performs so much better than Windows 7 did that the software upgrade made my laptop feel like I had upgraded hardware.

The people out there who hate Windows 8 only hate it because of an entirely optional UI. I've always found it kind of funny actually.
    11-22-14 08:50 PM