07-21-14 07:05 AM
    And it's still one of the most expensive BB10'S our there. I just got one imported from Canada for $196.00 including shipping. I've seen Q10 and Z10 for less money.

On eBay they have them priced at 499 all the way up to 999. Shop BlackBerry is 249.

This phone is a 150 dollar phone. Has been since day one. BlackBerry never learns. They are stubborn as hell about their prices. They seem to think they are Apple or Samsung. They need to price their phones like they are made by K-Mart

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    bbq10l and Carterbits like this.
    07-21-14 07:26 AM
    Making way for the LTE Z3???
    07-21-14 07:32 AM
    07-21-14 07:33 AM
    Really wonder where the Classic is going to fall on pricing. Will there be room for a Q3 type device? Or will the Q10 stay to fill the entry level price point? Or is the Classic going to be priced to cover the entry level?

Pricing has been a big problem for BlackBerry along with having BB10 devices that are not unique enough for carriers to bother offering them. Bell maybe EOLing the Q5 (and maybe BlackBerry is too), but lots of carriers never picked it up, because it was too close in price to the Q10.
    07-21-14 07:34 AM
    I really don't think this comes as a total surprise, $350 at launch was over the top at the time. Before the launch I called it at $199, so did many others. With cheaper construction and materials (my daughter's creaked and groaned right out of the box) and the Curve like "chicklet" keys, BlackBerry should have known better. Here's to hoping that the new management team that's being built knows better how to price and market such a device in the future. An LTE Z3 perhaps?
    chad1276 likes this.
    07-21-14 05:14 PM
    It is a $150 dollar phone.

And that is exactly what I paid from Koodo. I liked the first one so much, I bought a second.

They work great even with the plasticy look and clicky keyboard. Unbeatable battery life.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-21-14 05:22 PM
    Really wonder where the Classic is going to fall on pricing. Will there be room for a Q3 type device? Or will the Q10 stay to fill the entry level price point? Or is the Classic going to be priced to cover the entry level?
    Thats what should happen but I doubt it. Q10 entry, Classic-Mid, Passport - Flagship.
    07-21-14 05:24 PM
    I haven't used a physical keyboard other than the odd time with my gf s 9900, but when I use the 'chicklet' keyboard it seems more like a natural computer keyboard feel

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:26 PM
    This phone is a 150 dollar phone. Has been since day one. BlackBerry never learns. They are stubborn as hell about their prices. They seem to think they are Apple or Samsung. They need to price their phones like they are made by K-Mart
    So right. I think that was part of the downfall of the Z10.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-22-14 09:29 PM
    This is about getting rid of all the devices from the Thorsten Heinz era. Those devices were half baked I'll conceived and came out way premature. Its now a matter of flushing those out and replacing them with quality well thought through and tested devices for the future. Z10 and q10 will be the next to go followed by z30. In order to move forward you have to let go of the past. I'm sure replacements are well on their way.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-23-14 08:28 PM
    This is about getting rid of all the devices from the Thorsten Heinz era. Those devices were half baked I'll conceived and came out way premature. Its now a matter of flushing those out and replacing them with quality well thought through and tested devices for the future. Z10 and q10 will be the next to go followed by z30. In order to move forward you have to let go of the past. I'm sure replacements are well on their way.

They came out early? I'd say they came out late.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-23-14 10:40 PM
    Saw the q5 at Walmart as a prepaid telus phone for 149 a few days ago. I'm still in keyboard denial from the q10 double type issue though.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:20 PM
    They ca mm e out early as far as being ready for the market. Blackberry was about 9 monthsclate with a device that didn't have all the kinks worked out. Late to market yes but to early as far as testing goes

07-27-14 12:16 AM
    They ca mm e out early as far as being ready for the market. Blackberry was about 9 monthsclate with a device that didn't have all the kinks worked out. Late to market yes but to early as far as testing goes

Well at least they got the virtual keyboard right from the get go. Looks like the others ^^^^^^, not so much even today! Agree that the devices should have not have been released until10.2.1 was available. Z10 should have been improved with the delay to OLED, Miracast, etc, or they should have just went straight to the Z30 in the western markets. 10.1 was serviceable, but you had to really want to use BlackBerry to put up with the shortcomings.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    07-27-14 09:48 AM