More fighting spirit. #meLikes

BlackBerry presses for immediate halt to Typo keyboards | PCWorld
    BlackBerry said in a filing last Friday that the injunction is needed now. “Typo has contradicted its prior sworn statements and has significantly changed the way it does business in an attempt to flood the market with infringing keyboards before entry of the injunction,” BlackBerry said in a filing with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
    edit: see also CB forum related http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...n-typo-919050/
    04-14-14 03:12 PM
    I imagine that they are trying to get rid of stock from this version of the keyboards. But undoubtedly there will be another version that is a little less like the BlackBerry one.

BlackBerry didn't invent the qwerty keyboard after all.... but the did patent one that looks an awful lot like this version. I wonder if Chen even bothered to offer to license it to them?
    04-14-14 03:23 PM
    I hope not (license), as the quality was poor and would have damaged the "Classic/real" keyboard perception. We have to remind that more than 60% (random % here) of current users never had a physical keyboard. This might change ... eventually
    04-14-14 03:34 PM
    I imagine that they are trying to get rid of stock from this version of the keyboards. But undoubtedly there will be another version that is a little less like the BlackBerry one.

BlackBerry didn't invent the qwerty keyboard after all.... but the did patent one that looks an awful lot like this version. I wonder if Chen even bothered to offer to license it to them?
    You said the exact same thing the last thread about typo..

What I believe is that ryan sycrest got what he wanted and probably won't sink more money in getting another version of the typo.

But now the company's name is everywhere because of the typo which can fall into "any press is good press" and might be able to afford it them selves.

But it is very possible that the new one wont sell as well as the Q10 keyboard or even at all. Its 's hard to make a keyboard as attractive. Every other keyboard on the market doesn't compare even in looks and definitely not functionality. There are tons of keyboard cases on the market right now for iPhone and Android but barely sell. I can see the new Typo keyboard with it's crappy functionality fall in the same line.

Only time will tell i guess

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:00 PM
    There were at least 3 other keyboard cases for iPhone that I know of. I also no longer hear about them. Typo knows that BlackBerry Keyboard is very good, so they ran with that. It seems that they actually were hoping of getting sued by BlackBerry for free publicity, counting on the flimsy arguments of "they're not selling anyway" to counter the usual "they're hurting our sales" argument.

The problem is the fact that patents do not take into account sales. Remember all the fiasco of patent troll a few years ago regarding email technology to BlackBerry? BlackBerry actually lost and have to settle out of court for money that most of us will never even see in our lifetime, while the winning company didn't even make anything at all, they simply enforced the patent.

Typo will lose, and I hope people ask for refund to deny Ryan all those money.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    04-15-14 02:40 AM
    Sheesh. Scumbags won't win this once blackberry hears they are violating the injunction behind the scenes (online).

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-15-14 03:01 AM