07-28-15 12:34 PM
108 ... 345
tools
    So you want them to make this phone but turn around and admit you won't even buy it?

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    Yep. I have a perfect track record. I haven't bought every wildly successful phone ever made.
    07-27-15 11:27 AM
    After switching from Android phones to the Passport all I can say if it doesn't have a BB PKB I'm not interested. All BB10 features will be icing on the cake.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-27-15 11:35 AM
    If it runs like a lexus has same or close to innards and it can do that and it is cheaper. I would do it.
    I have the perfect car for you.

Attachment 364405
    07-27-15 11:51 AM
    That's a different time and different market. There are problems with BlackBerry hardware business at its core that cause it to not even come close to competing. Just a quick run down of the issues:

1. Refuse to stick to a single product line. They keep throwing crap at the wall, hoping it will stick. Z10, q10, q5, z30, z3, Leap, Classic, Passport. All of these are for different price points, different users, different marketing. By upgrading none of these devices, they effectively pissed everyone off collectively. Looking the slider fiasco, they are about to do it again.

2. Refuse to upgrade components. When you release a device, you hope, expect, demand that it has at very least what was in the prior device you are upgrading from. BlackBerry's reliance recycling parts and neglecting to upgrade anything may save then a dollar or two here and there, but it's costing thousands more in lost sales. Had the leap been an actual upgrade over the z-series devices, many would have grabbed one, myself included.

Posted via CB10
    This EXACTLY.

Part of BlackBerry's DNA seems to be a total inability to adapt. They release a product that proves to be a commercial failure, then continue year-after-year re-releasing fundamentally the same product again and again and again.

Rinse and repeat, until every bloody Snapdragon S4 in existence has a BlackBerry logo.

Actually with this in mind, an exit from hardware might be a wise move.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:24 PM
    Truth, if the Leap had been an upgrade, I would have bought it. Hell, all it needed was USB OTG. I love the look of that phone.

BlackBerry's other problem is their weak quality control. The Q10, Z10, and Z30 all had great build and had volume rockers that were crisp and always worked. I have tried Classics and Passports since, and not one copy of either of the new phones has been free from annoying defects.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:41 AM
    Truth, if the Leap had been an upgrade, I would have bought it. Hell, all it needed was USB OTG. I love the look of that phone.

BlackBerry's other problem is their weak quality control. The Q10, Z10, and Z30 all had great build and had volume rockers that were crisp and always worked. I have tried Classics and Passports since, and not one copy of either of the new phones has been free from annoying defects.

Posted via CB10
    If the Leap had Z30 specs I would have bought it just for the updated hardware design.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by svelt; 07-28-15 at 12:46 PM.
    07-28-15 11:28 AM
    BlackBerry Prepared to Move Past Smartphones, CEO Chen Says-keep-calm-love-blackberry-56.png

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-28-15 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Leap has a poor speaker by design. The one I tried at a demo counter worked well but seemed to have a light leak at the edge of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 12:34 PM
108 ... 345