12-18-13 10:10 AM
160 ... 4567
tools
    That's Bad Marketing

Even if you fixed a former problem, you never bring light to the problem you USED to have, sealing up the Battery is a cost savings, and faster development time most likely, less moving parts, less dies to cut,

but Still makes me sad
    I am not saying they would put that in a PR release, but it is an unspoken testament to their confidence in the stability of the system.
    09-28-10 11:22 AM
    With the specs this has and the 1080p out I'm curious to see what the game companies come out with for this and future tablets. This has higher specs then your average computers did back in '00-'01. I think I bought one in '00 that had a p3 550mhz with 128mb ram and a 20 gig HDD; all that for almost $2,000 .

Would this have the chops to run games that you would have needed a desktop for 8-10 years ago?

It would be pretty cool if you could carry around games comparable to early versions of COD or EA sports titles on this and play them on the TV at your friends house.

You over paid in 2000

I remember in 2000 getting 1GB of RAM it was HUGE I was so excited I still remember doing the upgrade, lol I went from 256MB to 1024MB and it cost me $200, to this day I've yet to get such a jump in technology for such a little investment.. though I remember my 2 * 20GB hard drives at the time were a lot of data space, now 40GB is laughable
    09-28-10 11:22 AM
    You over paid in 2000

Thats what I get for buying a Dell.
    09-28-10 11:28 AM
    doesn't it use bluetooth to pair?
    Yes, that's what they said.
    09-28-10 12:05 PM
    I WANT this thing!!!! (I'm sooooo glad I didn't get an iCant).

Maybe later on in 2011, I'll be toting an S3, along with the Playbook. OMG!
    We can only dream, Dave; I sure hope so!
    09-28-10 12:09 PM
    doesn't it use bluetooth to pair?
    I honestly dont know. I'd have to look into it
    09-28-10 12:10 PM
    Blackberry tablet for gaming??? GTFO please lol. It's completely asinine when Apple says it, RIM trying to follow suit is just as absurd.

The specs are definitely drool worthy but it would be better for this device to be THIS YEAR! Next year Apple will have their revision of the iPad more than likely very close to Playbook to cut off any possible headway RIM could make.

My questions are, have they fixed app storage issues? This is a core component in RIMs device security.
    How's it run? Announcing a tablet and then not letting anyone physically use it is beyond idiotic and makes me question how well the device is.
    How much app support will it have? Unlike Apple where iOS is widespread, RIM is starting fresh and with that there maybe some hesitation for developers to latch on. Of course only time will tell for that.
    How much is the damn thing gonna cost? While it packs superb hardware a pricepoint too high above the iPad will hurt, especially when quite a lot of enterprises are using or testing iPads.
    Where do I as a consumer need such a device and how does it integrate into my lifestyle? I have a hard time giving am answer for an ipad (which is why I don't own one) which has a complete ecosystem, whereas the Playbook is starting put fresh and hasn't wowed me beyond hardware yet.

There are a lot more questions I have but it's good to see RIM stepping up on the hardware front finally!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 12:32 PM
    DUDE!!! Please re-read my post and comprehend. I was speaking to those who see the lack of 3G or 4G built in as a negative. Thanks for your time...........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And if and when 3g/4g, and possibly LTE get added, it still won't mean anything. My netbook has 3g capability but never gets used. Not unless I get rid of my 'Berry.
    09-28-10 05:49 PM
    The most recent "it" gadget may well be the Blackberry Blackpad. The Blackberry Developer Conference, otherwise referred to as DevCon, is the focus. The announcement is expected to be made. RIM has not said for sure what today's headline can be. Some claim that the basic machine will not be ready for today's speech. Either way, the Blackpad is sure for making some waves.
    09-29-10 12:06 AM
    The most recent "it" gadget may well be the Blackberry Blackpad. The Blackberry Developer Conference, otherwise referred to as DevCon, is the focus. The announcement is expected to be made. RIM has not said for sure what today's headline can be. Some claim that the basic machine will not be ready for today's speech. Either way, the Blackpad is sure for making some waves.
    Um, it is called the PlayBook and the announcement has already been made. Have you been living under a rock?
    09-29-10 12:41 AM
    Um, it is called the PlayBook and the announcement has already been made. Have you been living under a rock?
    Check the other posts he/she made and see if that answers your question. >.<
    09-29-10 01:48 AM
    I think it looks pretty nice, and depending on the price I would like to get one.
    09-29-10 03:16 PM
    Just wanted to underline that BB annouced to have sold +300k unit of playbook; I agree it is not like the millions of apple or sammy but, as far as I was able to go in the past in my memory, generally BB was shipping +200k units in average by quarter.
    So the playbook isn't completely dead and hope this will continue to increase!
    03-29-13 05:08 AM
    Just wanted to underline that BB annouced to have sold +300k unit of playbook; I agree it is not like the millions of apple or sammy but, as far as I was able to go in the past in my memory, generally BB was shipping +200k units in average by quarter.
    I'm not sure what the point was in bumping this year and a half old thread, but in any event, it depends on what you mean by "dead." Can one still buy a PlayBook? Well, yes, Amazon still sells them, amazingly enough, as do a couple of oddball corners of teh Internets. But I would imagine overall sales have been, er, a little flat of late ("of late" probably being the last six months or so). That's certainly not going to change. Let's just say that you have to really, really, really, REALLY want a PlayBook and nothing else to buy one.
    anon(3896606) and richardat like this.
    03-29-13 08:06 AM
    Mine makes a wonderful and very useful desk-clock when paired with the rapid charging stand.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    03-29-13 11:19 AM
    I noticed that as well! Pretty sure that was shipped, not sold though. My guess is that they were refilling channels after the last round of ultra-cheap blowout sales. I don't think there is any meaningful trend upward in PB sales or buzz. The fact that it is remaining a very marginal seller is not much to get excited about!
    03-29-13 01:12 PM
    I noticed that as well! Pretty sure that was shipped, not sold though. My guess is that they were refilling channels after the last round of ultra-cheap blowout sales. I don't think there is any meaningful trend upward in PB sales or buzz. The fact that it is remaining a very marginal seller is not much to get excited about!
    I'm a bit loath to suggest "shipped" does not equal sold in this case. I think you're right - they shipped a bunch out at discounted rates, though I think they've generally sold out quite quickly. At least that was the case around here at Christmas. They'd get them in, then they'd be gone. They'd get more in. Then they'd be gone. I have a feeling they probably have very little WiFi inventory left and only make LTE as needed for carrier and corporate sales. As you say, It's immaterial to revenue. It was material to profits - in a bad way

(and I like the PlayBook)
    03-29-13 05:46 PM
    Has anyone noticed that this is nearly a three year old thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:22 AM
    Has anyone noticed that this is nearly a three year old thread.

Posted via CB10
    and the playbook still works well.
    Serkle K likes this.
    03-30-13 07:28 AM
    Well, at least we didn't start a new thread. Clearly the search function worked. Not sure about keeping it on subject though...
    03-30-13 07:29 AM
    Mine makes a wonderful and very useful desk-clock when paired with the rapid charging stand.
    Lol - I am always amazed when some poster says that life as we know it depends on the "bridge" or that he has bought one for all his kids and they just LOVE the PB.
    03-30-13 10:24 AM
    Lol - I am always amazed when some poster says that life as we know it depends on the "bridge" or that he has bought one for all his kids and they just LOVE the PB.
    I tried to love my PB. The OS was always great, the lack of any kind of big name apps was a killer. All this time later it still lacks any sort of useful video chat (other than to other Playbooks), no Netflix (I know - not everyone wants it but just sayin) and no direct sync to Microsoft Outlook for PIM data.

But it is a really slick clock. And egg timer. And occasionally a web browser, though it turns out my Ultrabook is more useful for that in most cases.

Oh well; BB10 might re-invigorate my PB enthusiasm if it ever shows up on the tablet, and if it brings some improved functionality and better choices for apps.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-30-13 11:17 AM
    Help!!! I synced my video from my playbook onto my pc and I can't see the video. I can hear it but not see it. Help please. It's saying real timer player.
    12-17-13 07:16 PM
    Truer words have not been said yet.
    First, let's not tempt the trolls. Their a$$holeness is not needed.
    Second, the iPad/Apple fanbois will come up with the not-enough-apps because there isn't anything else they can say. In specs, it's spot on.
    Third, let them huddle around in their basements wringing their hands and trying to come up with their predictable posts. I don't care one flying fig about their opinion. I'm almost certain I'm buying this puppy because 1) I'm not a Jobsian cult follower 2) the iPad ultimately disappointed me 3) it has what I want.

Let's be happy and enjoy this time without inviting those id1iots to ruin our fun.
    Oh wow have you changed your tune since then lol
    12-17-13 08:08 PM
    Oh wow have you changed your tune since then lol
    Yup. A lot can happen in over three years.

1) the PlayBook was a huge disappointment for me. I returned it for the iPad 3.
    2) I put the SIM back in the 3GS and gave it a good open minded try
    3) I tried the Atrix
    4) I tried the SGII
    5) THREE 99xx devices (original 9930, replacement 9930 and 9900) bricked/nuked on me and one 9810 nuked on me
    6) I bought the iPhone 4S
    7) I bought the SGIII
    8) I bought the Z, much to my surprise since after the bricking/nuking 9900 I SWORE I would never return to BlackBerry as a personal phone
    9) I bought the iPhone 5

So yes. I've changed my tune. There are mods on this site I fought with and insulted and then had to apologise to when I saw how wrong I had been. Thee were members I insulted and I also had to apologise to for the same reasons. There are mods here who were in BBM groups and others whom I'd communicated with outside the forum who were there when my Blackberry devices failed and left me stranded, with my always working iPhones that I had spoken of so derisively, saving the day by still working.

And I attacked BelfastDispatcher mercilessly in defence of the Z10 when he accurately foresaw that BB10 sales would tank. He was right. I was wrong. And I had to say so.

So yes I've changed my tune. I know for a fact that you and a group here call me a troll. And I should know better than to answer your post. But since you dug up a post from over three years ago I might as well point out the idiocy in my fanatically defending a platform and my insulting not only other platforms but the users of other platforms. As i did in that and many other posts. Because in the final analysis they're just objects, these phones are. And to get so caught up as to call people names is immature, to do so behind the anonimity of the internet is weak, and to do it behind their backs is the tactic of not only the immature, and weak, it is the ultimate cowardice.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    JeepBB and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-18-13 04:34 AM
160 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD