12-18-13 10:10 AM
160 12345 ...
tools
    I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if a million iPad fanboys cried out and were suddenly silenced. I feel something amazing has happened.
    LOL, I sense it too! And I already asked for this for Christmas, even if it's not on time! I'll take a rain check!
    09-27-10 07:12 PM
    meh.... looks pretty cool, but I'm a little disappointed. I jumped ship to Android a couple months ago and I don't see my self going back to a BB phone soon. I was hoping this would be my in to get BBM back, but looks like that is only possible when paired with a BB phone. Oh well, time to wait for a 10 inch android tablet that has a true android tablet OS on it.
    09-27-10 07:14 PM
    Does any info is there about the availability of GPS chip on playbook? That would be like icing on the cake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That would be awesome if it did.
    09-27-10 07:17 PM
    I read an article that release is early 2011. I think this looks very promising and impressive. I am going to say that if the physical delivers as much as the videos, then I will be getting one!
    09-27-10 07:17 PM
    Speaking of the PlayBook, wasn't there a sub-forum for it yesterday? I figured CB just moved it, but I can't find it...lol!
    09-27-10 07:31 PM
    I think this tablet could really take off.. way more impressive than even the galaxy tab..and of course with bbm..can't beat that.. now i just need to know if virgin mobile USA will allow tethering to it..
    I doubt you will need your carrier to allow tethering... I have a feeling it will come with its own tethering software or just buy tetherberry for 20 - 50$ and don't have to worry about it at all.

Atleast that is what I am hoping since I don't want to change my plan to put tethering on it and lose my unlimited data package
    09-27-10 07:32 PM
    It is really quiet what happened to all the trolls?
    Do you think steve jobs turtleneck got a little tight ?
    09-27-10 07:32 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have a massive design change now so they can keep up with being the "best" tablet out there lol
    09-27-10 07:34 PM
    They're all huddled together in an Apple store trying to come up with a list of reasons why the iPad is the bestest and the PlayBook sucks! Just this time it's taking a little longer than usual to think up enough reasons.
    09-27-10 07:35 PM
    i just saw a so called hands on video kevin did and he put the ipad up aginst it and the ipad looked som big and ugly! the playbook looked so sexy! i got to have one !!!!!!!
    09-27-10 07:49 PM
    They're all huddled together in an Apple store trying to come up with a list of reasons why the iPad is the bestest and the PlayBook sucks! Just this time it's taking a little longer than usual to think up enough reasons.
    It's like a tiny touchscreen netbook or UMPC! And has almost as much horsepower as my netbook - I'd say a lengthy halftime huddle for trolls is happening at the moment. >.<
    09-27-10 07:53 PM
    I am selling my ipad and gettting this, it makes sense as my wife has a blackberry and loves it, also I have android but am thinking of jumping back to droid.
    09-27-10 08:09 PM
    I think if RIM had any brains, they would throw everything they have to have this thing in stores before the holiday season. If they wait until something like February of 2011 to have product on the shelves, then it'll be too late. People will just wait for the next iPad, which will probably have comparable specs.

If RIM can have this out by late November, I'll buy it, even though it'll most likely have very little software for it. If it's first quarter 2011, I'll buy an iPad in the next month or skip it and buy the newer model IPad next year.
    09-27-10 08:13 PM

Dan Dodge and Mike Lazaridis on the same stage... couple of World class geeks in the spotlights.

That guy is awesome. He built what he wanted and Research in Motion made it happen.

I want one too...
    09-27-10 08:14 PM
    where are all the haters???
    RIM=Fail
    time to sell the ipad...
    09-27-10 08:20 PM
    Early 2011 release date...should be interesting.

Apple has their 2nd gen iPad slated for release around that time too, also I'm sure Google won't sit around and do nothing...

I know they already have Android tablets on their way but by Google's own admission, Froyo isn't optimized for tablets, however Gingerbread (Android 3.0) is and that's the big upgrade that's due out for release by year's end. And Google has already named their Gingerbread successor Honeycomb...

Sure is a good time to be a consumer...only bad thing is that it seems like most of these tablets are slated for AFTER the holidays.
    09-27-10 08:27 PM
    RIM=Fail
    time to sell the ipad...
    To think you would be able to come up with something better than that, lol
    09-27-10 08:30 PM
    I think if RIM had any brains, they would throw everything they have to have this thing in stores before the holiday season. If they wait until something like February of 2011 to have product on the shelves, then it'll be too late. People will just wait for the next iPad, which will probably have comparable specs.

If RIM can have this out by late November, I'll buy it, even though it'll most likely have very little software for it. If it's first quarter 2011, I'll buy an iPad in the next month or skip it and buy the newer model IPad next year.
    Another incentive for having it out for the holidays is all the customers that wanted an iPad-like device but decided to wait for the holidays (like my wife does) to get the original at sales.
    09-27-10 08:31 PM
    I am selling my ipad and gettting this, it makes sense as my wife has a blackberry and loves it, also I have android but am thinking of jumping back to droid.
    um.
    I have a blackberry but i'm thinking about jumping back to Blackberry 9650..?

You need to end the post haha.
    09-27-10 08:33 PM
    RIM=Fail
    time to sell the ipad...
    Occurs to me they could be in shock from realizing they might actually want one.
    09-27-10 08:40 PM
    Doesn't matter which tablet you prefer this will be good for consumers as these companies fight for our money. I like some things about Playbook and iPad and I'm hoping the Playbook is available early for the holidays.

09-27-10 08:44 PM

I think they need to have it out before the holidays too....even if just by pre-order. I mean, I'll wait because I don't want an iPad, BUT I would like to ask for this for Christmas instead of having to wait until my Birthday...lol! Waiting until after the first of the year though will lose RIM a TON of sales from others. I wonder what would hold it up until then anyway? Looks to me like the device itself is pretty much ready. Maybe they just want to give developers time to come up with apps?
    09-27-10 08:45 PM
    Occurs to me they could be in shock from realizing they might actually want one.
    Well until RIM comes out with their own line of Fart Apps (perhaps a sophisticated fart..silent but deadly meant for the boardrooms) then the iBoys will stick with what they got

09-27-10 08:47 PM
    Wow. Looks amazing!! I have an iPad for high school because it has good note taking apps and I mainly use it for that and Internet... But this tablet looks really cool. Definitely gonna try to convince my dad to get one for work (and so I can play with it).

Also hoping to see this OS and the video calling on the new storm3/4 coming next year. Will 100% get that for myself!
    09-27-10 08:47 PM
    In reference to what some people said about only being able to connect wirelessly to a BB phone, it's not really a big deal as more and more Android phones are coming with the wireless hotspot feature which will allow ANY wifi device (including the Playbook of course!) to connect wirelessly via wifi.
    09-27-10 08:50 PM
160 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD