12-18-13 10:10 AM
160 1234 ...
tools
    I WANT this thing!!!! (I'm sooooo glad I didn't get an iCant).

Maybe later on in 2011, I'll be toting an S3, along with the Playbook. OMG!
    09-27-10 05:48 PM
    Goooooooood for RIM

I am very pleased that once again RIM proves what it is.

After the last few months of so many people complaining about almost everything RIM did.... I want to see what they have to say now!!
    09-27-10 05:49 PM
    I'm buying 1 for sure, alomost bought the Ipad, glad i waited.
    09-27-10 05:53 PM
    Goooooooood for RIM

After the last few months of so many people complaining about almost everything RIM did.... I want to see what they have to say now!!

They will complain it doesn't list the App memory, nor the Storage space,

Also they will complain that OS6 was released
    and that this is too little too late.
    etc...
    09-27-10 05:54 PM
    so what did they say about the release date and pricing? i'm trying to find information about this, but i haven't had any luck so far....
    09-27-10 05:54 PM
    They don't list!

I am betting that they are waiting for the iPad 2 to be launched to make sure they can match the Storage. OR they are working with a Solid State vendor to figure out power consumption vs data storage vs data speed.

I really hope for MicroSD support, I don't care about SD cards anymore
    Yeah I meant MicroSD. So they didn't give a timetable for their launch? I really
    didn't follow this thing today.
    09-27-10 05:55 PM
    so what did they say about the release date and pricing? i'm trying to find information about this, but i haven't had any luck so far....
    They never give that data out,
    09-27-10 05:55 PM
    Yeah I meant MicroSD. So they didn't give a timetable for their launch? I really
    didn't follow this thing today.
    I was too busy today with work to follow, our company did a conference call the same time as the Keynote so I couldn't follow!

BUT RIM never releases pricing and release dates, especially with an initial announcement. hopefully someone will say I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet on a release date announcement before we see Leak pictures
    09-27-10 05:57 PM
    Does this have internal storage or can an SD card be used?
    I'm sure I'm missing it when it's right in front of my face.
    I'm assuming that USB port = external HDD hookup. Also there is most likely a SD card slot like every other BlackBerry....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 06:03 PM
    Tablet OS sounds like, if you want the full web experience ie: flash 10 HTML you have to buy a playbook along with your BB phone.
    09-27-10 06:04 PM
    Tablet OS sounds like, if you want the full web experience ie: flash 10 HTML you have to buy a playbook along with your BB phone.
    You can use Wifi for the Full internet

IF you want BIS access you need a traditional BB phone
    09-27-10 06:05 PM
    Thats sad though. I was hoping they could bring this on Future blackberries. The best part is Flash is supported in the OS and it has the horse power to run it also 1Ghz dual core with 1 GB ram. I Like the 7 " size also than the 10". Hope we get more videos.
    At this point in the game I'm SURE that rim will have the sense to develop a touchscreen OS on par (if not better) than the Tablet OS.

I wouldn't start worrying quite yet....

09-27-10 06:06 PM
    I think this tablet could really take off.. way more impressive than even the galaxy tab..and of course with bbm..can't beat that.. now i just need to know if virgin mobile USA will allow tethering to it..
    09-27-10 06:10 PM
    Hmm.. I notice this at the back of the BB PlayBook and it looks like it will have 32GB.

iPad vs. PlayBook... fight! - Engadget Galleries

Looks interesting, ain't it?
    09-27-10 06:15 PM
    Hopefully we will see this OS on future BB s . then we will have flash on BB too.

09-27-10 06:17 PM
    i cant believe they kept this underwraps with no leaks! now thats as impresive as the playbook . we have seen every device before it has been announced but this
    09-27-10 06:17 PM
    this qnx os is going to be on the next touchscreen phones for rim it looks like they are going to have the two os like peopkle were sugesting i while back
    09-27-10 06:19 PM
    It didn't need Carrier testing so it didn't need to be out in the market as much..
    09-27-10 06:20 PM
    Holy sh1t, I'm sooooo buying this thing!!!!
    Wonder if we will deploy this instead of laptops for light users. I'm interested in how they're managing security.
    YES!!!! Gonna get this...I think...on paper it didn't disappoint!

09-27-10 06:20 PM
    Does any info is there about the availability of GPS chip on playbook? That would be like icing on the cake

09-27-10 06:21 PM
    Goooooooood for RIM

Sorry, but I have to ask - what has RIM really proved? That they can do a good video ad? Write a nice list of specs?

Sorry, but after biting into my first Berry with the Storm 1 and now the Storm 2, then holding m breath for ... the Torch ... and the Storm 2 "refresh" ... I'll believe it when I see it.

- R.
    09-27-10 06:31 PM
    I'm assuming that USB port = external HDD hookup. Also there is most likely a SD card slot like every other BlackBerry....

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Probably would be able to take a microSD up to 32gb.
    09-27-10 06:32 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Probably would be able to take a microSD up to 32gb.
    Check this out.

BlackBerry PlayBook first eyes-on! - Engadget Galleries

BlackBerry Playbook eyes-on, continued - Engadget Galleries

It looks like it won't be needing microSD at all.
    09-27-10 06:40 PM

I really Hope they include one though!

I would like to be able to drop 2-3GB of excel/Powerpoint files, and then take them out and put them in my BB quickly or into my Notebook quickly the portability of microSD is SOO attractive
    09-27-10 06:43 PM
    I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if a million iPad fanboys cried out and were suddenly silenced. I feel something amazing has happened.
    09-27-10 06:54 PM
160 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD