10-09-14 01:54 AM
36 12
tools
    I wonder what role the scalpers are playing in this shortage issue? How many of the initial 200,000 "sold" actually went to users and how many are sitting in scalper's warehouses?

BlackBerry may also be putting more of them outside of the US where their stronger markers are now.

AT&T is another factor. Looks like they agreed to carry it based on having the entire US market. Those who buy unlocked phones in the US are customers lost to AT&T on contract. Maybe they pressured BlackBerry to stop selling in the US until AT&T gets around to putting them in stores. That could be many months.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:40 PM
    No Passport at Sasktel stores yet, and they get theirs from Bell, so that means Bell either is out of stock or doesn't have very many to spare.
    10-07-14 05:48 PM
    I just got a call from Blackberry asking me if my questions about the Passport had been answered? I told her that I really didn't have any questions but was still waiting on the two Passports that I had ordered from ShopBlackberry.com? She told me that the orders were being shipped and that I should be getting my confirmations today or tomorrow. She is going to check back with me later in the week to follow up. At least it seems they're trying...
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-07-14 05:54 PM
    No Passport at Sasktel stores yet, and they get theirs from Bell, so that means Bell either is out of stock or doesn't have very many to spare.
    Got mine today and it was from a SaskTel dealer.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:04 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nice...someone mentioned Bell Canada had stock today...

Anyone in the know aware of when Shop BlackBerry and Amazon will be in "stock available " mode?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:48 AM
    How ridiculous is it if you want to sell but don't have anything to sell. Apple sold 10 m devices in a few days and BB can't even deliver 200 t sets??? The next frustration you as a BB customer have to get used to...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    10-08-14 07:49 AM
    I'm a bit surprised that BB hasn't put out a press release or something positive about the response to the Passport. Stock update or something. The pent up demand for a unit like this in the US is huge and they are muddying the water by not providing any communication or updates. Granted the US base has evaporated over the years, but the loyalists that are still in the BB camp should be taken care of and will become the best marketers for BB in the US. Each US Passport owner will show it to at least 10 people conservatively..... This could be 150,000+ hands on demonstrations within a week that doesn't cost BB a dime. C'mon BB, find the log jam, fix it and lets all move forward.
    gokulesh likes this.
    10-08-14 10:03 AM
    How ridiculous is it if you want to sell but don't have anything to sell. Apple sold 10 m devices in a few days and BB can't even deliver 200 t sets??? The next frustration you as a BB customer have to get used to...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    To be fair BlackBerry doesn't have the supply chain that Apple has and neither does it have the demand to make such a substantial investment.

Posted with my Q10
    10-08-14 10:34 AM
    So here I have been trying to buy passport since it's release and unable to find on amazon or shopbb.com for the regular price. I already work contract so I can not get new contract. The carriers will not sell unlocked device by itself.
    And then a telecom manager at work ordered 2 this morning and he got them delivered this afternoon for his testing and fun. He has been iphone user and promoted iOS devices big time at work. In,fact we went from 400 BBs to 20 now as all switched to iphones. His feedback about the passport "Wow. It's bit big, hard to find hostler but really like it. I am really impressed. Now batteries wont die because it's built in as other BBs batteries died after one year due to removable and contacts get dirty. I never heard good words about BB from him.

So it seems like Passport may do well than anyone of us thought. Even selling one million would generate half billion of revenue.
    10-08-14 08:39 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry Passport out of stock at Amazon and Shopblackberry.com-fullsizerender-1-.jpg
    Blackberry Passport out of stock at Amazon and Shopblackberry.com-fullsizerender.jpg

Seriously... if Blackberry could produce one million this month they would sell out in no time...

This phone is sooooo awesome and gorgeous!

More addictive with each passing day,too!!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 12:07 AM
    My order has been placed on Amazon in USA since 9/29 (after sell out but allowing orders with pending delivery status). I'm patiently waiting.

Million this month would be great, but I'll be happier if we see an average of 300k/mo moving forward.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-09-14 01:54 AM
36 12