02-21-15 10:51 PM
32 12
tools
    Attachment 335305
    It clearly mentions the Passport being released on the 26th.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but as I said, if you follow the article's source trail, you will clearly see that the original source only mentions the Classic going to Verizon on the 26th. The article you are showing is passing the information forward, but apparently misread or misinterpreted the source they got the information from. Basically, you have to read the "report" that they are referring to.

Penned via Tapatalk
    02-20-15 03:11 PM
    Guess we'll know in 6 days.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:17 PM
    I just spoke to Verizon over the phone. I was told that Verizon is going to carry the Passport "very soon" and they put me on a list to notify when it is available. I asked why a device has not passed through the FCC and was told that was "not accurate"
    This would be amazing news if this were true. I was planning on waiting till next week to check out the Classic that Verizon will have before deciding if I will jump ship to AT&T. So what is another week or two before I get a new phone.
    02-20-15 03:34 PM
    This is the Valuewalk article that references BB and Verizon that DenverRalph was referencing.

BlackBerry Classic going to Verizon

A reader apparently told the folks at Crackberry that Verizon will finally launch the BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) Classic on its network on Feb. 26. So far the mobile carrier has not officially revealed the launch date. Crackberry’s tipster reportedly claimed that Verizon employees have received training on the Classic and notification of when the handset will be available on their network.

The tipster also sent what was said to be a copy of an internal memo from Verizon. What the memo doesn’t say is how much the Classic will start out at, so we’re still waiting to hear a price for Verizon’s version of the smartphone. However, AT&T revealed pricing details today (see below), so it’s possible that Verizon’s prices could be simil
    Somehow the author MIchelle Jones in a later article linked by ChristianPost referenced the earlier one and then added Passport model with no further source. I think its a typographical error missed in proofing.

It’s believed that the BlackBerry Classic and Passport will arrive on the Verizon network on Feb. 20.
    So no its not coming to Verizon.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    02-20-15 03:37 PM
    I wish, but I don't think this wish is coming true. If it does, it won't be for many months.
    02-20-15 03:41 PM
    Who's anyone AT&T and BlackBerry knew.

Posted via CB10
    Still doubt VERY HIGHLY that it happens. I hope it does, but DOUBT IT! I have Verizon and would love a Passport.
    02-21-15 04:05 PM
    Again, the only source I care for is FCC filings. There is no FCC Blackberry CDMA based Passport that has been approved as of yet.

I don't care if Chen himself says there will be a VZW Passport on February 26th...it doesn't exist.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:51 PM
32 12