11-23-13 05:48 AM
68 123
tools
    Can you define the term CrackBerry for me...Thank you in advance.
    Nickname for a Blackberry device. What's your point?

richardat and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-22-13 07:03 PM

http://www.imgur.com/kgRapP9.jpeg
    Google? Come on now. The real definition is the addiction one has to his BlackBerry. Hence, this website was first formed with the name. But the term was coined before its existence.

"CrackBerry - Slang term for a person who uses a BlackBerry smartphone addictively or obsessively or a term for the BlackBerry device itself when used this way."
    http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book...nd_definitions

And to be honest, I love my Berry for that. I get a true rush from using it, and the way it lets me control it is amazing. Its a new drug. lol Highly recommend it to the new kids of technology.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-22-13 07:07 PM
    Google? Come on now. The real definition is the addiction one has to his BlackBerry. Hence, this website was first formed with the name. But the term was coined before its existence.

"CrackBerry - Slang term for a person who uses a BlackBerry smartphone addictively or obsessively or a term for the BlackBerry device itself when used this way."
    http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book...nd_definitions
    LOL how many search results did you ignore before you found the one you wanted? Give me a screen shot of a search page with the same results, not a single one.
    11-22-13 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry P.R perception V.S professionals evaluation-img_20131211.png

Right under the definition which is posted on crackberry, the second one. Haha, you should know this though.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:26 PM

]
    Though his posts are extremely irrational I believe I can predict his "point" since he brought it up and waxed on about it another thread. To wit: he thinks that HIS view of Crackberry is defining. Thus, he believes he can not only dictate what Crackberry (the site) is, but also who should be on it, and what can be expressed. Thus, he will then proclaim that all view contrary to his, are invalid, and moreover, not allowable. As evidence - irrational as it may be - he verifies this by using his definition of the name of the site (how dubious is that reasoning? LOL) as evidence that indeed, he is correct.

What he doesn't realize is that this is the exact kind of narcissism I was referring to in my previous post. The kind of narcissism that allows a studnet who believes he is CEO material, and believes himself an authority on BB because it was mentioned in his undergraduate business class, to make overbearing proclamations, and brag about those credentials as if they elevate him above others on CB. It is the same kind of self-love that blinds him from seeing that the term "crackberry" is, in this context, simply the name of the site. It's exact nature is not defined by a made-up fantasy in his head inspired only on the name itself, but rather it is shaped by the community, the mods, and at a higher level by forces like CB kevin and mobile nations.

Thankfully, those powers that be have not dictated that CB be a place where only fanboy rhetoric of the type I described is allowed. Other opinions are indeed allowed, and it does not matter whether he likes it or not, whether he thinks it correct or not, it is the decisions of those in authority, not himself.
    notfanboy and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-22-13 07:27 PM
    Though his posts are extremely irrational I believe I can predict his "point" since he brought it up and waxed on about it another thread. To wit: he thinks that HIS view of Crackberry is defining. Thus, he believes he can not only dictate what Crackberry (the site) is, but also who should be on it, and what can be expressed. Thus, he will then proclaim that all view contrary to his, are invalid, and moreover, not allowable. As evidence - irrational as it may be - he verifies this by using his definition of the name of the site (how dubious is that reasoning? LOL) as evidence that indeed, he is correct.

What he doesn't realize is that this is the exact kind of narcissism I was referring to in my previous post. The kind of narcissism that allows a studnet who believes he is CEO material, and believes himself an authority on BB because it was mentioned in his undergraduate business class, to make overbearing proclamations, and brag about those credentials as if they elevate him above others on CB. It is the same kind of self-love that blinds him from seeing that the term "crackberry" is, in this context, simply the name of the site. It's exact nature is not defined by a made-up fantasy in his head inspired only on the name itself, but rather it is shaped by the community, the mods, and at a higher level by forces like CB kevin and mobile nations.

Thankfully, those powers that be have not dictated that CB be a place where only fanboy rhetoric of the type I described is allowed. Other opinions are indeed allowed, and it does not matter whether he likes it or not, whether he thinks it correct or not, it is the decisions of those in authority, not himself.
    When these external forces(iPhone & Android addicts) want to pull the life out of a striving company, and steal the addiction out of those who enjoy their BlackBerry's and what the company does to regain many former BlackBerry consumers who weren't so much considered as people who used to love their BlackBerry for what it was.They were simply going with the flow. Just as many of those who choose iPhones now. Android is more on its own here because its a bunch of companies who use it.

But my point is, there are many people here who do love their BlackBerry for what it is. And there are those who love the new BlackBerry because it is that much better. And those who refuse to take this information in are those who other consumers shouldn't just listen to without consulting someone with knowledge and appreciation for a BlackBerry. I like iPhones, but they are not ever going to be my main source of pleasure. It doesn't satisfy enough to be considered a life source. It simply isn't addicting to me. And to add, this addiction helps me deal with all my daily duties. It doesn't cause a major distraction for me, thankfully.
    11-22-13 07:37 PM
    When these external forces(iPhone & Android addicts) want to pull the life out of a striving company, and steal the addiction out of those who enjoy their BlackBerry's and what the company does to regain many former BlackBerry consumers who weren't so much considered as people who used to love their BlackBerry for what it was.
    Of all the asinine posts I've responded to, this sentence, and this post, is the single most nonsensical
    They were simply going with the flow. Just as many of those who choose iPhones now. Android is more on its own here because its a bunch of companies who use it. .
    The strain of trying to sound literate has broken your brain. I'm serious, I'm not trying to insult you. Unless you're a substance abuser, this post is worrisome, as it is markedly worse than your other posts which were already very disordered.
    But my point is, there are many people here who do love their BlackBerry for what it is. And there are those who love the new BlackBerry because it is that much better. And those who refuse to take this information in are those who other consumers shouldn't just listen to without consulting someone with knowledge and appreciation for a BlackBerry. I like iPhones, but they are not ever going to be my main source of pleasure. It doesn't satisfy enough to be considered a life source. It simply isn't addicting to me. And to add, this addiction helps me deal with all my daily duties. It doesn't cause a major distraction for me, thankfully.
    I do think it's really, really troublesome that an addiction to BB is your "main source of pleasure" and a "life source", but again, the nonsensical sentences are the most troubling. I actually think you may need help - and that goes way beyond phones. I think you should talk to someone - school counselling department is perhaps a good place to start. There are a lot of conditions that can cause thought disorders (as commonly evidenced by disordered speech), and it shouldn't be taken lightly
    m1a1mg, mikeo007 and chr1sny like this.
    11-22-13 09:48 PM
    Of all the asinine posts I've responded to, this sentence, and this post, is the single most nonsensical

The strain of trying to sound literate has broken your brain. I'm serious, I'm not trying to insult you. Unless you're a substance abuser, this post is worrisome, as it is markedly worse than your other posts which were already very disordered.

I do think it's really, really troublesome that an addiction to BB is your "main source of pleasure" and a "life source", but again, the nonsensical sentences are the most troubling. I actually think you may need help - and that goes way beyond phones. I think you should talk to someone - school counselling department is perhaps a good place to start. There are a lot of conditions that can cause thought disorders (as commonly evidenced by disordered speech), and it shouldn't be taken lightly
    Not trying to insult me huh? lol

*I just enlarged the words to make sure I understood correctly plus everyone else who reads your problematic post. Because I think you are a little confused on what is an insult and what isn't.
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 11-23-13 at 02:53 AM.
    11-22-13 10:01 PM
    Not trying to insult me huh? lol

*I just enlarged the words to make sure I understood and everyone else who reads your problematic post. Because I think you are a little confused on what is an insult and what isn't.
    Absolutely. Anyone who reads your post will, I believe, understand what I'm saying. I really do not know what's wrong with you, and I really cannot help you. Your post literally made no sense. Sorry you took offense, but I really don't see how any other meaningful response was possible. I don't know if you go back, read your post and think: what is he talking about? It's perfectly sound! Perhaps you do....oh well....our posts speak for themselves, and people can decide for themselves who has the problem.

I think the first sentence of this post is a clue..do you think that sentence makes sense? It doesn't, but it's so simple in meaning (or at least the meaning I assume) that we can perceive what you're saying, but in many cases, that level of english and/or reasoning, will be very problematic
    m1a1mg, anon1727506 and mikeo007 like this.
    11-22-13 11:36 PM
    Absolutely. Anyone who reads your post will, I believe, understand what I'm saying. I really do not know what's wrong with you, and I really cannot help you. Your post literally made no sense. Sorry you took offense, but I really don't see how any other meaningful response was possible. I don't know if you go back, read your post and think: what is he talking about? It's perfectly sound! Perhaps you do....oh well....our posts speak for themselves, and people can decide for themselves who has the problem.

I think the first sentence of this post is a clue..do you think that sentence makes sense? It doesn't, but it's so simple in meaning (or at least the meaning I assume) that we can perceive what you're saying, but in many cases, that level of english and/or reasoning, will be very problematic
    I empathize with your frustration at trying to have a meaningful exchange and commend your perseverance.
    richardat likes this.
    11-23-13 12:06 AM

I don't get it man. You're trying to attack me for my use of grammar and punctuation. I try to stay proper on the forums, but it isn't a requirement. I am a very sound person. And if you weren't being one sided each time you posted, then we wouldn't be having this problem. But because I disagree with you, and I might have a point in some way, whether you like it or not, you decide to start taking it off on my sentences and my style of writing on the forums.

It's all good. I'm here for one reason, to discuss BlackBerry and their problems. I like to see how we can solve these problems, but you make it sound like there is no solution, and that I'm a mentally ill individual. Lol, no signs of that here.

Stay focused, and stay on topic.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:40 AM
    I empathize with your frustration at trying to have a meaningful exchange and commend your perseverance.
    How are my exchanges with this guy not meaningful? They're very meaningful actually. No one needs your commendations on his perseverance on insulting me.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:42 AM
    I don't get it man. You're trying to attack me for my use of grammar and punctuation. I try to stay proper on the forums, but it isn't a requirement. I am a very sound person. And if you weren't being one sided each time you posted, then we wouldn't be having this problem. But because I disagree with you, and I might have a point in some way, whether you like it or not, you decide to start taking it off on my sentences and my style of writing on the forums.
    I've made a LOT of posts on this forum, and whether people agree or disagree, like or dislike me, I think regular readers know I most certainly am not one to make an issue of "grammar and punctuation - your accusations will be seen as laughable. The idiotic part is that, aside from minor quibbles with grammar (which I certainly wouldn't make an issue of), the above sentences are certainly reasonable, which indicates to me some of the following are at play:

1.you have some kind of thought disorder/substance abuse problem rendering your cognitive abilities and/or expression of those abilities subject to vary wildly
    2.you haven't - even after protesting this much - even bothered to read what you previously wrote and evaluate whether my criticisms were correct
    3.you are doing this on purpose

There is no point beating a dead horse, your post, and my response speak for themselves. However, it is disturbing that the person who wrote the sentences above - simple but comprehensible, can also write a post full of sentences like the following, and accuse others of being the problem:

First sentence:
    When these external forces(iPhone & Android addicts) want to pull the life out of a striving company, and steal the addiction out of those who enjoy their BlackBerry's and what the company does to regain many former BlackBerry consumers who weren't so much considered as people who used to love their BlackBerry for what it was.
    11-23-13 02:01 AM
    Thanks. In regards to patience, at some point, as in the post in which I said represents extremely disordered thinking, the sentences are so incomprehensible that no reply is possible.

The completely discombobulated thinking coupled with obnoxious narcissism and braggadocio do remind me of some posters of the past, but in any case, this poster has certainly managed to garner a lot of attention today.
    11-23-13 02:05 AM
    I've made a LOT of posts on this forum, and whether people agree or disagree, like or dislike me, I think regular readers know I most certainly am not one to make an issue of "grammar and punctuation - your accusations will be seen as laughable. The idiotic part is that, aside from minor quibbles with grammar (which I certainly wouldn't make an issue of), the above sentences are certainly reasonable, which indicates to me some of the following are at play:

1.you have some kind of thought disorder/substance abuse problem rendering your cognitive abilities and/or expression of those abilities subject to vary wildly
    2.you haven't - even after protesting this much - even bothered to read what you previously wrote and evaluate whether my criticisms were correct
    3.you are doing this on purpose

There is no point beating a dead horse, your post, and my response speak for themselves. However, it is disturbing that the person who wrote the sentences above - simple but comprehensible, can also write a post full of sentences like the following, and accuse others of being the problem:

Woohooo! You're a true CrackBerry Genius alright. Adios muchacho!
    11-23-13 02:49 AM
    Thanks. In regards to patience, at some point, as in the post in which I said represents extremely disordered thinking, the sentences are so incomprehensible that no reply is possible.

The completely discombobulated thinking coupled with obnoxious narcissism and braggadocio do remind me of some posters of the past, but in any case, this poster has certainly managed to garner a lot of attention today.
    Mate, just stop. Really.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    11-23-13 02:57 AM
    oh, well, what I have I done here ...
    Let's close this now totally OT and unuseful thread.
    11-23-13 03:03 AM
    Thread closed and under review
    11-23-13 05:48 AM
68 123