05-19-14 02:43 PM
89 1234
tools
    The reason why someone would buy a windows phone would be camera.
    The reason why someone would buy a iPhone would be iOS stability and its lack of lag and it's brand value.
    The reason why someone would buy a Android would be because he does not know about BB10, cant afford iPhone and he is fooled by the 12,00,000 number of apps which are actually (12,00,000 total apps -235,271 low quality apps -765,000 repeated apps - 110000 useless apps).
    The reason why someone would buy a BlackBerry OS10 device would be because he is smarter then any one else.

BB10 OS is fantastic it just needs the support of equally fantastic hardware. Z30 comes near to fantastic hardware but still needs improvement for pure marketing(because some people only understand hardware), and that would be in camera pixel, PPI, Processor upgrade to quad core or octa core, and with all this a battery upgrade to continue with the fantastic battery life like in Z30.
    05-08-14 04:51 AM
    Wasn't 1.1 million last quarter? That means 20% growth from last quarter for the BB10 right? And without a single model introduced throughout the quarter that's a positive news no?

Powered by Blackberry
    05-08-14 05:07 AM
    Wasn't 1.1 million last quarter? That means 20% growth from last quarter for the BB10 right? And without a single model introduced throughout the quarter that's a positive news no?

Powered by Blackberry
    I believe those numbers are saying 550,000 BB10 devices and 750,000 BBOS = 1.3 million. No clue if they are right, but that's what they are saying.
    05-08-14 05:38 AM
    Sales of legacy devices dropped drastically. Drop of BB10 sales has constant of around 200+K. Too bad. Nice OS, great potential bad reception.
    05-08-14 07:14 AM
    I believe those numbers are saying 550,000 BB10 devices and 750,000 BBOS = 1.3 million. No clue if they are right, but that's what they are saying.
    As I don't remember seeing post about ABI before and know nothing about how they gather their info.... The numbers they provided don't seem to far out of line for BB10 given the age of devices and the lack of marketing, a 30% drop in sales would be within the realm of "reason". But the drop in the number of BBOS devices would be catastrophic (IF TRUE), that is almost an 80% drop in sales in one quarter - find that a little hard to believe at this point. And with BlackBerry "planning" to release additional BBOS devices, it make you wonder WHY the huge drop all of a sudden? And is the "plan" to stick with BBOS for a while a good one?
    05-08-14 07:23 AM
    The reason why someone would buy a BlackBerry OS10 device would be because he is smarter then any one else.
    HAHA! We're all geniuses here at Crackberry!
    BB10 OS is fantastic it just needs the support of equally fantastic hardware. Z30 comes near to fantastic hardware but still needs improvement for pure marketing(because some people only understand hardware), and that would be in camera pixel, PPI, Processor upgrade to quad core or octa core, and with all this a battery upgrade to continue with the fantastic battery life like in Z30.
    Totally disagree here. The reason BB10 is so fantastic is because it doesn't need an Mega- Octo-core processor with 36Gigs of Super-Speed RAM and a 5.75 Jigowatt processor marketed with Will Smith instead of Alicia Keys singing his song "Gettin Jiggy with it". If BB goes this route then they're NOT going to hit Chen's goal of getting out of the red by the end of 2015 (I think that's the time frame he mentioned). The only improvement I think they need to invest in is a slightly better screen. Everything else is on par with a non-budget breaking phone in my book.
    05-08-14 07:40 AM
    It needs a pretty face to attract non- TRADITIONAL BB users... it needs to reach the world on its face value first and not what we already know to be GREAT on the inside.....Give them want they want ...FIRST!!! to lure them in and then they can see the beauty within....The PAST CONCEPT BB BLADE had the potential of doing just that. A sleek and innovative design of touch screen (give them what they want) hidden with a even cooler form to get the QWTERY pad (lure them in) and once the have attractive package with different updated twist from "torch design" then and only then would Non-TRADITIONAL BB users be open to a new OS-BB10 (so they can see the beauty within)...But all BB gives are markups of BOLD of OLD and try to to redo the IPHONE DoDo Z10...Z30..Z5 BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! and we wonder why only 1.3 mil ....Hello cause YA ONLY MAKIN A FACE THAT MOMMA COULD LOVE!!!!!! and FAKE A$$ copyers never win! Give THE MASSES a lil Sumptin' Sumptin' to rave about on the OUTSIDE First!! Damnn Marketing 101!!!!!
    Last edited by nicuboys; 05-08-14 at 08:23 AM.
    05-08-14 08:09 AM
    Is Q1 over?

Posted via CB10
    Sadly for BlackBerry the answer is no quarter will ever be spectacular until they start a concerted effort to market BlackBerry Z3 and BlackBerry 10 Cloud for starters. The silent strategy is not working. BlackBerry 10 Cloud should be marketed to small business, family, and educational institutions for faculty, staff, and students.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-08-14 08:11 AM

Totally disagree here. The reason BB10 is so fantastic is because it doesn't need an Mega- Octo-core processor with 36Gigs of Super-Speed RAM and a 5.75 Jigowatt processor marketed with Will Smith instead of Alicia Keys singing his song "Gettin Jiggy with it". If BB goes this route then they're NOT going to hit Chen's goal of getting out of the red by the end of 2015 (I think that's the time frame he mentioned). The only improvement I think they need to invest in is a slightly better screen. Everything else is on par with a non-budget breaking phone in my book.
    At least some of us are geniuses. ;-)

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    anon(1035135) likes this.
    05-08-14 08:15 AM

There is a difference in NEED and WANT. With today's apps, no no one needs a 3Ghz Quad-core Processor yet. But if you can buy a sports car with a 400HP V-8 Engine or one with a 600HP V-12 Engine - both the same price, both the same gas mileage.... which are you really going to choose?

The days of going with lower specs because it saves on battery consumption are over - or BB10 is not very optimized compared to Android. Because most of the High End phones today have much higher specs than say the Z30, but yet with the same size battery they are getting longer standby or talk times. And when, for a US customer, the Z30 and the Samsung S5 are the same price on contract (the way most still buy here)..... Spec do matter when it comes to sales. As for performance, BB10 is great on my Z10, rarely see anything I would consider lag..... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see BB10 on S5 type hardware.

But I agree that BlackBerry can not compete in this Spec race, they aren't big enough. So they needed something to differentiate them from all of the Android OEM trying to one-up each other. BlackBerry needed to be more like Apple where specs aren't an issue. But they have instead gone and embraced the Android Ecosystem - even here people like to say "Better Android than Android". Wither that is true or not, it does show that BlackBerry and Android are being compared on many levels.
    05-08-14 08:52 AM
    Saw this article this morning on an Anti BlackBerry, pro Windows Phone site and the Windows Phone fans seem to think that they have the better OS but not the market share to show for it. Of course the only mention of BlackBerry is that Windows Phone trounced BlackBerry not that it mattered much. Am I missing something here in feeling that BlackBerry 10 is the best Mobile OS currently? No one on AnandTech, Techreport or Daily Tech seem to know that or care. If those sites are the sites which inform the masses of techies and the masses of techies are the ones who inform their less informed colleagues and family about which tech hardware is good to go and no mention nor consideration is made of BlackBerry 10 could that be contributing to the current situation we have now? I would like some of you to add some balance to that discussion please. BlackBerry 10 is too good a piece of technology to just be ignored to death. Especially by the people who are supposed to be more informed.

http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+Pho...ticle34873.htm

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:09 AM
    Saw this article this morning on an Anti BlackBerry, pro Windows Phone site and the Windows Phone fans seem to think that they have the better OS but not the market share to show for it. Of course the only mention of BlackBerry is that Windows Phone trounced BlackBerry not that it mattered much. Am I missing something here in feeling that BlackBerry 10 is the best Mobile OS currently? No one on AnandTech, Techreport or Daily Tech seem to know that or care. If those sites are the sites which inform the masses of techies and the masses of techies are the ones who inform their less informed colleagues and family about which tech hardware is good to go and no mention nor consideration is made of BlackBerry 10 could that be contributing to the current situation we have now? I would like some of you to add some balance to that discussion please. BlackBerry 10 is too good a piece of technology to just be ignored to death. Especially by the people who are supposed to be more informed.

DailyTech - Windows Phone Sales Grow, But Market Share Continues to Lag Behind Competition

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I think comparitively speaking, it does belong in the comparison of solid OS's. I think that one might argue that for each of these types of opinionated articles, a disclaimer should be added -- *That owns a significant market share" Perhaps then we might feel righted...

But then again....
    05-08-14 09:42 AM
    Microsoft, however, is trouncing BlackBerry, which isn't saying much. BlackBerry shipped only 550,000 BB10 devices in the last quarter compared to 13.2 million Windows Phone devices.

This was in the article you linked. NO way those numbers are true. I think it is the other way around. People are jealous of BlackBerry which is the best OS ever. It never crashes, is not laggy and is used in nuclear submarines. It is for prosumers who prosume things.
    Do you work for BBRY?
    05-08-14 09:49 AM
    Do you work for BBRY?
    Nah he's just being a wise seeker

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-08-14 10:17 AM
    Microsoft, however, is trouncing BlackBerry, which isn't saying much. BlackBerry shipped only 550,000 BB10 devices in the last quarter compared to 13.2 million Windows Phone devices.

This was in the article you linked. NO way those numbers are true. I think it is the other way around. People are jealous of BlackBerry which is the best OS ever. It never crashes, is not laggy and is used in nuclear submarines. It is for prosumers who prosume things.
    really BB OS is used in nuclear subs? pretty sure i've had my z10 crash more than a few times. any other false claims you want to share?

BB10 is a phone OS and it has its issues just like any other OS, nothing more and nothing less.
    05-08-14 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is too good a piece of technology to just be ignored to death. Especially by the people who are supposed to be more informed.

DailyTech - Windows Phone Sales Grow, But Market Share Continues to Lag Behind Competition

Posted via CB10
    I don't see how/why informed individuals should be impressed with BB10. Your mention of Windows Phone fans should draw parallels in your mind with regards to the BB fans' mentality.

BB10 is not a particularly well designed OS, IMO. The primary distinction are the gestures; which, are esoteric and have had better, more intuitive implementations such as in WebOS. The bulk of BB10's other features do not have a meaningful impact on the experience of most consumers.

If a product had any particularly impressive features, even if it were obscure, history dictates that competitors would copy it. Consider how Apple stole the idea of GUI from Xerox PARC. In modern times, even Windows Phone with its marginal markertshare is heavily imitated in its flat GUI aesthetic as well as its tile display interface. That competitors are not hurrying to knock off BB10 indicates that industry experts do not regard its OS features of particular value.

I honestly don't think that any of the major smartphone OSes merit the title of "best mobile OS". The OSes are all pretty close in every aspect. The most major difference is the weakness in the BB10 and Windows Phone's ecosystems. Hence the OSes are not favored by consumers. You also have to remember that this is just a 4 horse race. Best out of 4 is hardly much to scoff about even if it were true. Fans of each OS make their OS out to be such a big deal; but, it's not like being better than 3 peers is a major feat.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 05-08-14 at 10:53 AM.
    05-08-14 10:35 AM
    really BB OS is used in nuclear subs? pretty sure i've had my z10 crash more than a few times. any other false claims you want to share?

BB10 is a phone OS and it has its issues just like any other OS, nothing more and nothing less.
    Can you imagine the conversation on that sub? "Captain, about your last orders. Yeah, we need to secure wipe the engine control systems. BlackBerry Link is giving us a little trouble, but it shouldn't take more than an hour. Plus a few minutes more to reboot. We're ok keeping our current track til then, right? "

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    05-08-14 10:58 AM
    Your missing that people don't buy Mobile Operating Systems.....

I bet more people ask "does this phone do Instagram" than "does this phone run Google's Android Operating System"?
    05-08-14 11:23 AM
    I don't see how/why informed individuals should be impressed with BB10. Your mention of Windows Phone fans should draw parallels in your mind with regards to the BB fans' mentality.

BB10 is not a particularly well designed OS, IMO. The primary distinction are the gestures; which, are esoteric and have had better, more intuitive implementations such as in WebOS. The bulk of BB10's other features do not have a meaningful impact on the experience of most consumers.

If a product had any particularly impressive features, even if it were obscure, history dictates that competitors would copy it. Consider how Apple stole the idea of GUI from Xerox PARC. In modern times, even Windows Phone with its marginal markertshare is heavily imitated in its flat GUI aesthetic as well as its tile display interface. That competitors are not hurrying to knock off BB10 indicates that industry experts do not regard its OS features of particular value.

I honestly don't think that any of the major smartphone OSes merit the title of "best mobile OS". The OSes are all pretty close in every aspect. The most major difference is the weakness in the BB10 and Windows Phone's ecosystems. Hence the OSes are not favored by consumers. You also have to remember that this is just a 4 horse race. Best out of 4 is hardly much to scoff about even if it were true. Fans of each OS make their OS out to be such a big deal; but, it's not like being better than 3 peers is a major feat.
    The parallels are in fact what made me mention the article in the first place. My main point of referring to it being that BlackBerry 10 is treated as almost non existent on many of those sites and in that article. While not everyone may agree, BlackBerry 10 can't be THAT bad as a mobile phone OS to not deserve honourable mention and belong to such a discussion. Some of the features in iOS 7 for example, Layers (akin to Cascades) the new task switcher (looks and operates like the PlayBook task switcher as well as shares some elements from BB10's gesture centric operation). My intention was not to incite a flame/fanboy war or anything like that. Just wanted to give the people who like and find the merits of BlackBerry 10 to be able to share, discuss and compare their experiences to a larger audience many of whom have dismissed it without giving it a proper try.

Windows phone still lacks some features compared to BB10. I haven't used it a lot admittedly but my first impressions didn't make me feel as if it was better than BB10 overall. The first thing I noticed was a text based menu with a black background that seemed pretty clunky compares to what I'm used to with Cascades. I also find Android app design language to be a bit behind Cascades as well. I don't know why you're so critical of BB10's gestures when almost all other mobile OS's seem to be trying to include more and more gesture based controls. For me the BlackBerry 10 OS fits perfectly. There's very little I don't like about it and I think it's the best because I enjoy using it and all of it's functionality and style over any other OS, I've used, seen and researched. That's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:42 PM
    Your missing that people don't buy Mobile Operating Systems.....

I bet more people ask "does this phone do Instagram" than "does this phone run Google's Android Operating System"?
    I'm not missing that at all. My post wasn't mainly about what people buy or not. It's clear what people buy. I mentioned the possible impact of techies who read popular tech sites not being able to properly advise their colleagues and families about phone purchases - which happens sometimes because of the dearth of accurate and balanced coverage of the BlackBerry 10 phones and OS which don't relate with the real world lack of merit of the Hardware and Software in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:51 PM

Well - WP8 (Nokia Lumia 52x), Android 4.4 (Moto G), and iOS 7.1 (iPhone 4 and 4s - iOS 7.0 was terrible on the iPhone 4 - 7.1 helps with that) can run well without high end specs as well. BlackBerry stated that the reason that BB10 isn't on the Playbook is because of the specs (1 GB of RAM).

Everything else we agree on. The Z3 specs sound great - except for the display.
    I do think BlackBerry does need to release a high end speced phone but needs to focus on getting the Z3 out to gain marketshare. The Q20 needs to feature as many things as possible that QWERTY fans didn't like about the Q10.

Last but not least design is key - some of the concepts I have seen on here look incredible. BlackBerry needs to push the envelope with design while maintaining its classic look.
    05-08-14 02:05 PM
    You just can't get it right that number was for shipped phones not for sold phones BlackBerry had already written off billions in already shipped but unsold phones you will have to wait until black berry reports before you will actually know how many they have sold.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 02:06 PM
    Well - WP8 (Nokia Lumia 52x), Android 4.4 (Moto G), and iOS 7.1 (iPhone 4 and 4s - iOS 7.0 was terrible on the iPhone 4 - 7.1 helps with that) can run well without high end specs as well. BlackBerry stated that the reason that BB10 isn't on the Playbook is because of the specs (1 GB of RAM).

Everything else we agree on. The Z3 specs sound great - except for the display.
    I do think BlackBerry does need to release a high end speced phone but needs to focus on getting the Z3 out to gain marketshare. The Q20 needs to feature as many things as possible that QWERTY fans didn't like about the Q10.

Last but not least design is key - some of the concepts I have seen on here look incredible. BlackBerry needs to push the envelope with design while maintaining its classic look.
    The Z3 display is better than the PlayBook display just to clarify. It's not the best but not the worst either.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 02:07 PM
    Just get 10.3 the Z3, classic and winderemere out asap, we'll see an increase of BB10 sales for sure
    05-08-14 02:51 PM
    I'm not missing that at all. My post wasn't mainly about what people buy or not. It's clear what people buy. I mentioned the possible impact of techies who read popular tech sites not being able to properly advise their colleagues and families about phone purchases - which happens sometimes because of the dearth of accurate and balanced coverage of the BlackBerry 10 phones and OS which don't relate with the real world lack of merit of the Hardware and Software in my opinion.

Posted via CB10

I think that your view of the merit of the Hardware and Software provided by BlackBerry might be "unbalanced".

In the US, there has not been a new device release in six months and that device was not "launched" in the US. But the Z30 was reviewed by most of the major sites. Most taught it was a solid device, most taught that the HUB was wonderful.... But most taught the prices was high for the hardware and that the lack of apps made it a no go.

Tech sites do review the big changes to an operating systems... and while most of use are thrill with headless apps and Android APK in 10.2.1. Neither is ground shaking news in the mobile market. And as BlackBerry is keeping quite about the whole Android situation... not a lot can really be said there.

Is BB10 a great OS with some cool features - like the HUB and FLOW... YES! Is any of that "news" that hasn't been covered?

On reason Apple does their big shows and makes a big deal about their new OS or some silly feature like a finger print reader... is it gives tech sites a reason to review the new devices, or the new OS. If BlackBerry wants there to be some "news", they have to do something "news" worthy.

You can't expect tech sites to promote a company's product if the company isn't promoting them.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    05-08-14 03:47 PM
89 1234