10-08-13 05:55 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    are you guys really gonna give them a $450 going away present?
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-30-13 12:03 PM
    1. Q10 should not be cheaper than the Z10
    2. The two should not be cheaper than the Play Store Nexus 4, which was missing LTE bands, SD and HDMI functionality.
    The Nexus 4 is almost a year old. The Nexus 5 will be announced within the month with probably mid-November availability. It will have LTE, and certainly better specs. SD storage and HDMI ports mean little to most consumers, at least compared to apps. So if anything, the suggested pricing you were responding to may even be a bit high.
    09-30-13 12:15 PM
    The Nexus 4 is almost a year old. The Nexus 5 will be announced within the month with probably mid-November availability. It will have LTE, and certainly better specs. SD storage and HDMI ports mean little to most consumers, at least compared to apps. So if anything, the suggested pricing you were responding to may even be a bit high.
    You think the Nexus 5 will be $300 again?
    09-30-13 12:28 PM
    agree - cut them by 50% and maybe. looks like they prefer to bleed out slowly.
    09-30-13 12:35 PM
    LOL of course its in stock....

They only ordered 4 million more than they could sell.

Obviously this is not the fire sale. This is just them hedging in case the carriers go ahead and stop stocking their devices all together, which I think is very likely.
    anon1727506 and Mack Gans like this.
    09-30-13 12:47 PM
    You think the Nexus 5 will be $300 again?
    Certainly not much more -- maybe a minimal price bump as they did with the 2013 Nexus 7.
    09-30-13 12:48 PM
    Don't knock the prices. They can't undersell the carriers. When the price comes down (and it will) it will happen at the carriers first. Being cheaper on Amazon or Ebay won't make a difference as it is mostly 3rd party vendors and they are probably already selling them at very low margins.
    I very much will knock it and of course they can. The phones aren't selling via the carriers and they won't sell well direct at these prices. It doesn't have to drop first at carriers. It SHOULD drop everywhere. It should have been cheaper from day one.
    Mack Gans and qwerty4ever like this.
    09-30-13 01:11 PM
    I very much will knock it and of course they can. The phones aren't selling via the carriers and they won't sell well direct at these prices. It doesn't have to drop first at carriers. It SHOULD drop everywhere. It should have been cheaper from day one.
    And I'll add that there's no hard and fast rule that they can't undercut the carrier price. It probably is not a good idea given their position, but if they wanted to, they certainly could pull a Google here.
    09-30-13 01:40 PM
    Can buy the black z10 for CHF 399 about USD 365 here in Switzerland from 1 retailer. Good price I want to say as carrier are selling them twice that price without plan

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:43 PM
    I'm not saying it shouldn't drop. I'm saying as of right now when the carrier prices drop so too will these prices.

And I'll add that there's no hard and fast rule that they can't undercut the carrier price. It probably is not a good idea given their position, but if they wanted to, they certainly could pull a Google here.
    Exactly. No rule. It just probably isn't a good idea for them. As in, they shouldn't go burning bridges.
    09-30-13 01:59 PM
    The thing is, Google doesn't exactly expect to blow its Nexus phones out the door. They're designed more for developers as a reference device and for the Android tech head crowd, the Androidosphere, whatever you want to call it.
    wjptam likes this.
    09-30-13 02:25 PM
    The thing is, Google doesn't exactly expect to blow its Nexus phones out the door. They're designed more for developers as a reference device and for the Android tech head crowd, the Androidosphere, whatever you want to call it.
    Exactly Nexus phones are 'Prosumer' devices. For developers and hobbyists who want an unlocked bootloader to mod the OS and such. Now that they have Motorola, the MotoX will be the consumer side of the stock Android experience.
    09-30-13 08:19 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Would jump at the ability to buy the z30 direct. With shipping here in japan where I now am....

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:34 PM
    Exactly Nexus phones are 'Prosumer' devices. For developers and hobbyists who want an unlocked bootloader to mod the OS and such. Now that they have Motorola, the MotoX will be the consumer side of the stock Android experience.
    The Moto X is actually an interesting comparison. Like the Z10, it's nominally "underspec'd" and comes from a company that has been through some hard times of late. But it has readily marketable selling points that the Z10 lacks -- the always on Google Now type function and the customizable exterior. (The latter has been marketed quite a bit as of late.) The Z10 has . . . the Hub? And this is leaving aside the ecosystem question.
    10-01-13 06:38 AM
    Here in Holland they sell all BlackBerry devices with no contract

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:14 AM
    Certainly not much more -- maybe a minimal price bump as they did with the 2013 Nexus 7.
    That's pretty much my next phone. The Nexus 5 looks like a beast.
    10-01-13 10:03 PM
    If Blackberry already took a lost for unsold BB10 phones, why are they continuing to sell at full price? Hindsight would be to sell at some big discount, flood the market with BB10 devices and developers would follow with apps.
    10-03-13 11:46 PM
    If Blackberry already took a lost for unsold BB10 phones, why are they continuing to sell at full price? Hindsight would be to sell at some big discount, flood the market with BB10 devices and developers would follow with apps.
    The Z10 was the one model written down, and you can buy them unlocked here for $299. So, fairly well cheaper than before. They still have the Q5 and Q10 yet. Remember Heins said they would sell "tens of millions" of the Q10. That's not happening, so I expect another massive write down soon on those models. Then there may be cheaper ones around.
    10-04-13 12:29 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Come on blackberry!

Give anyone the opportunity to buy from you direct online with shipping anywhere!!!

And updates ota!!!!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and SK122387 like this.
    10-04-13 01:52 AM
    So, did Rogers say to Blackberry, "So you're going to sell unlocked devices direct and undercut our sales? Then you can sell the Z30 for yourself."
    10-04-13 01:56 AM
    Q10 at 299... Q10 will be my side piece
    10-04-13 01:58 AM
    So, did Rogers say to Blackberry, "So you're going to sell unlocked devices direct and undercut our sales? Then you can sell the Z30 for yourself."
    Don't they only sell direct to the US though?
    10-04-13 02:21 AM
    They seriously should. Eff the carriers at this point (GSM, anyways). T-Mobile, now Rogers... it probably won't be long until the other carriers dump BlackBerry as well, so BlackBerry might as well take control over its own fate (as much as it can), and sell their devices for less than the carriers, even if it's not by much.
    10-04-13 02:22 AM
    Come on blackberry!

Give anyone the opportunity to buy from you direct online with shipping anywhere!!!

And updates ota!!!!

Posted via CB10
    This is my dream scenario.

Think of all the b1tching and moaning that's gone on around here due to frustrations with carriers. Whether it be delays on product launches or OS updates, BlackBerry has certainly placed a good amount of blame on U.S. carriers.

If that's all really true, I would think that everything directly from BlackBerry would be the best route.

BlackBerry is my favorite type of phone, I've been with T-Mobile for a while, but if they dropped BlackBerry altogether, and BlackBerry didn't offer them online, I'd leave T-Mobile.
    10-04-13 02:27 AM
    I don't get their expensive pricing, at least for the Z10. Didn't they just announced they wanted to re-tier the Z10 being the entry level device? Oh wait, I almost forgot this pricing phatasy comes from the same people who announced the Q5 would be the ultimate emerging market BB10 device!
    I just checked our local prices in Germany, the Z10 is falling like a rock. Basicly it gets cheaper by 5-10 EUR every week. Last week it was around 295 EUR, today you can get it starting at 280/290 EUR.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-04-13 03:28 AM
101 ... 2345