08-31-15 08:47 AM
37 12
tools
    Transition has been very clear under Chen.

BlackBerry will not be making phones in a year if the Venice dies.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    My thoughts exactly. I hope BlackBerry will at least offer a Classic 2 next year in case it decides to get out of the phone business.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    08-03-15 07:59 PM
    My thoughts exactly. I hope BlackBerry will at least offer a Classic 2 next year in case it decides to get out of the phone business.

Posted via CB10
    They could just release a new color.

Posted via Z30
    08-03-15 09:07 PM
    You can't love BlackBerry hardware and care about BlackBerry's future and cheer on Chen. Chen is destroying the company and proud of it. BlackBerry may continue in name only but it won't include phones. Or it may be sold. Either way Chen was the wrong choice for CEO if you wanted to see the company phones come back.
    trsbbs and TGR1 like this.
    08-04-15 03:43 PM
    Nor is Porsche a car company. They sell more trucks now than anything car. They are a truck company. Lexus too for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    The Cayenne is not a truck, neither is the Macan. They are tall station wagons.
    08-10-15 11:14 AM
    Nor is Porsche a car company. They sell more trucks now than anything car. They are a truck company. Lexus too for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    But at least they design and build something.

BlackBerry is no longer a manufacture, they are just another "link" in the sales chain now. And if they switch to Android, they'll really have nothing to do with the hardware business.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-10-15 02:27 PM
    The Cayenne is not a truck, neither is the Macan. They are tall station wagons.
    Their respective manufacturers classify them as '"trucks" for purposes of EPA and NHTSA regulations.
    08-11-15 12:06 PM
    Their respective manufacturers classify them as '"trucks" for purposes of EPA and NHTSA regulations.
    Yes, because trucks don't have to meet the same safety and economy requirements that cars do.

It doesn't alter the fact that the X5 for example is built on the same platform as a 5 series Wagon, occupies approximately the same amount of space and has not much more interior space. It also doesn't really go off road.

A truck like the4 Runner is completely different. It is built on a truck platform.
    08-19-15 10:06 AM
    No blackberry is all about business not entertainment

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    08-26-15 01:38 AM
    You can't love BlackBerry hardware and care about BlackBerry's future and cheer on Chen. Chen is destroying the company and proud of it. BlackBerry may continue in name only but it won't include phones. Or it may be sold. Either way Chen was the wrong choice for CEO if you wanted to see the company come back.

He is the harbinger of death. He has succeeded in leading it to its end.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    Absolutely nailed it. Chen is a one trick pony with a background in software. He doesn't understand the mobile device business or he would never have green lighted a out of date from factor with a commodity OS that borders on Spyware as the next step.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 07:32 AM
    I think Chen is making good decisions for blackberry. Let's face it, 40 percent of the readers of crackberry have a Android or iPhone. But we still love BlackBerry. The smart move is to blend blackberry with phones that are selling. Can't wait for my blackberry Venice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-30-15 10:44 AM
    Alas, both hardware revenue and software revenue have been declining.

BlackBerry is no longer a phone company-bbry_2014.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 11:57 AM
    Apple, Google, Samsung, and Microsoft are not phone companies.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 08:47 AM
37 12