09-26-13 11:39 AM
    I think saying mobile innovation is over is pushing it. There are probably ideas that haven't even been thought of yet. If I would have been told 20 years ago that phones would be able to do what they can, I would have laughed in their face. Innovation that we know of might be over, but there are very smart people that can think of some new things that we don't think possible at the moment.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    09-26-13 11:46 AM
    Don't buy it!

BlackBerry had a chance, they didn't have to outpace Apple... just keep up.
    09-26-13 11:47 AM
    I think saying mobile innovation is over is pushing it. There are probably ideas that haven't even been thought of yet. If I would have been told 20 years ago that phones would be able to do what they can, I would have laughed in their face. Innovation that we know of might be over, but there are very smart people that can think of some new things that we don't think possible at the moment.
    Mobile innovation is over in the same sense you can say innovation is over in the PC. Incremental improvement doesn't change in a fundamental way how we use the product.
    09-26-13 11:59 AM
    Mobile innovation is over in the same sense you can say innovation is over in the PC. Incremental improvement doesn't change in a fundamental way how we use the product.
    I do see where you are coming from, but to say that the are no possibilities for innovation I feel is a bit short sided. I think there are ideas that nobody has thought of yet. Is is possible that there is nothing more.......maybe, but I like to think there is someone somewhere that has an idea that when implemented will be truly innovative. Maybe it is just my optimistic view, but I think there could be more. It just hasn't been thought of yet.
    09-26-13 12:05 PM
    snip... There are probably ideas that haven't even been thought of yet. ...
    Then they are not ideas.
    The problem here is until the idea is realized it doesn't exist.
    09-26-13 12:55 PM
    The Z10 was not a killer device. It's nice, but that didn't penetrate the AppleDroid wall of invulnerability

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-26-13 02:16 PM
    It didn't even scratch it!
    09-26-13 02:32 PM
    Good article. Manufacturers who ignore it's message do so at their peril. Only a disruptive tech will change this, and there aren't any on the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:42 PM
    It didn't even scratch it!
    Are you on tranya?
    :>)
    09-26-13 02:58 PM
    Never had a chance? According to the BOD it was a huge success!
    The remaining compensation packages for BlackBerry’s senior execs, in the event of a takeover, are:

— Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S.
    — Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S.
    — Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S.
    ~~And of course Thor with $55 million U.S.

Stay the course, these Hosers will turn around this place just like Apple!
    This is a total discrace!
    09-26-13 03:03 PM
    I say give peas a chance

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-26-13 04:05 PM
    Never given a chance I'd say. But at least if this deals goes through they will be able to recover without vultures getting in the way.

I'm sure Blackberry will do better now that they don't have to answer to anyone. Just run their business without external sabotage and interference.
    09-26-13 05:00 PM