07-07-15 06:23 AM
461 ... 1516171819
tools
    This. I'm willing to bet there are a ton of consumers who would love an Android BlackBerry keyboard phone. Hell, i'm willing to be a ton would want an Android Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Would love an Android passport. The passport is by far best phone on the market.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:00 AM
    A suicidal proposal for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:22 AM
    What Android devices have you been using? I suspect your experience is atypical.
    I have to support friends & colleagues using Samsung, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Sony & iPhones too.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 10:20 AM
    I have to support friends & colleagues using Samsung, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Sony & iPhones too.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. The one thing Android is usually acknowledged for, even by folks who hate it, is the flexibility of the UI.

I'd also state that the inter-app connectivity is the best of the four out of the box (though it could be improved). Maybe I'm not getting the gist of your second point.
    04-18-15 12:35 PM
    A suicidal proposal for BlackBerry
    ...is to believe BB10 can make some miraculous gains.
    Maxxxpower, Witmen and techvisor like this.
    04-20-15 12:44 AM
    ...is to believe BB10 can make some miraculous gains.
    Correct. This could only benefit. There's no downside.
    Maxxxpower and GadgetTravel like this.
    04-20-15 02:50 AM
    Everything is possible, but my opinion they will stick with their software, they are different and lots of people are used to it, but maybe they will launch two versions...we will see
    04-20-15 03:14 AM
    Correct. This could only benefit. There's no downside.
    Sorry I think otherwise. This move will Be suicidal for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 11:47 AM
    Just as "suicidal" as believing BlackBerry 10 will suddenly become a success.
    04-20-15 12:40 PM
    Episode 1 of the Chicken Man alias Birdman. Just replace Birdman with the Chicken Man and BlackBerry for Crime and it's bang on.

Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Email
    Cancel

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 04-21-15 at 06:39 PM.
    04-20-15 01:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    You really think it can get much worse than it is just by offering another option? Some businesses have to adapt and accept "if you can't beat them join them" BlackBerry can in no stretch of the imagination recapture any marketshare whatsoever with BB10, it's never going to happen, ever. If they can offer Android with their software suite that scenario becomes much less bleak. I'd love to read a write up by you as to your opposition to this rather than just an unfounded statement.
    04-20-15 11:24 PM
    You really think it can get much worse than it is just by offering another option? Some businesses have to adapt and accept "if you can't beat them join them" BlackBerry can in no stretch of the imagination recapture any marketshare whatsoever with BB10, it's never going to happen, ever. If they can offer Android with their software suite that scenario becomes much less bleak. I'd love to read a write up by you as to your opposition to this rather than just an unfounded statement.
    I don't think any of us can accurately predict what will happen in the future. My opinion would be that there's a better way than just selling an android version. I would imagine that the next 5 years will be crucial because other handset makers don't want to be tied down by google and will face the same dilemma as blackberry. My hope is that we move to a world where apps can be portable across OS, and if that's true, adopting android would have been moot.

I think the biggest thing that people are forgetting is that blackberry has said it is no longer focusing on the consumer handset sales. Most people don't want to believe this and just look the other way as sliders, classics, new passports come out. At the end of the day, having android vs bb10 in the corporate space is not that much of an issue. However, that's not to say software companies could make enterprise apps only for android and apple leaving blackberry to the same fate as the consumer market.

Honestly, I wish they'd just sell off their handset business and just license it out to people but I doubt anyone would pay a figure blackberry is willing to settle with at this point. I trust Jc and his team will tackle this issue soon. If anything, release an android qwerty but don't just drop bb10.
    04-21-15 06:43 AM
    First order all BlackBerry is starting to turn black. So it doesn't make business sense to throw it all away & start a fresh again.

The billions of dollars they have spent on BlackBerry 10 will all go down the drain. This will also confuse the market. Loosing investors & market confidence.

Let it take its course and see what happens.

I do agree that BlackBerry should license it's OS to other manufacturers to increase market share. I really don't believe that Lenovo or Xiaomi manufacturing their own brand of BlackBerry smartphone will canabilise Blackberry's market share.

They have good marketing dollars to do justice to the BlackBerry 10 OS that BlackBerry doesn't have.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:21 AM
    I think the biggest thing that people are forgetting is that blackberry has said it is no longer focusing on the consumer handset sales. Most people don't want to believe this and just look the other way as sliders, classics, new passports come out. At the end of the day, having android vs bb10 in the corporate space is not that much of an issue. However, that's not to say software companies could make enterprise apps only for android and apple leaving blackberry to the same fate as the consumer market.
    If this "corporate space" consist mainly of "fleet" phones bought by corporations for employees, I think it too is a shrinking market. Granted, there will always be some of that, but is it enough to sustain the BlackBerry handset business as more MDM solutions become available? It's not clear, to me anyway, that this is enough to keep BlackBerry going in hardware.

I like BB10 quite a lot, but it's hard to deny that it's an utter failure in the marketplace. It's even harder to see how cross-platform BES makes it more attractive even to corporations. iOS and Android are established platforms with all the apps required by businesses, and BlackBerry is bringing the best of what it has -- the BB10 UI and BES -- to those platforms. I can't see this as anything other than a concession by BlackBerry itself that it's future lies in those platforms. With that in place, and with the added assumption that BlackBerry wants to make another pass at the general consumer market, it makes more sense for them to do something with Android than to continue to flog a dead horse, regardless of how much I happen to like that horse.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-21-15 09:26 AM
    Maybe nobody (also including BlackBerry) gives a **** about BlackBerry 10 "suddenly becoming a 'success'" as defined by you. BlackBerry users like me love BlackBerry 10 and don't give a **** what google spyware lovers like you think.
    04-21-15 09:44 AM
    Maybe nobody (also including BlackBerry) gives a **** about BlackBerry 10 "suddenly becoming a 'success'" as defined by you. BlackBerry users like me love BlackBerry 10 and don't give a **** what google spyware lovers like you think.
    I don't really care but you should give a **** about what the market thinks.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-21-15 10:02 AM
    I don't really care but you should give a **** about what the market thinks.
    Well, I don't. I never have, and I never will. I realize that to some like you "the market" is god, but I find that it's mostly stupid.
    04-21-15 10:19 AM
    Well, I don't. I never have, and I never will. I realize that to some like you "the market" is god, but I find that it's mostly stupid.
    So it's wise for BlackBerry to rule out adopting an OS with 80% of the market compared to growing one with 0.1% ???

Mmm, k.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-21-15 11:15 AM
    The thing is BB is in it for the money. I think that if by switching to Android all current BB10 users would NEVER buy a BB again, but double that number of new users would buy a BB Android phone, then I think BB would make a switch.
    pyBerry and asherN like this.
    04-21-15 12:30 PM
    First order all BlackBerry is starting to turn black. So it doesn't make business sense to throw it all away & start a fresh again.

The billions of dollars they have spent on BlackBerry 10 will all go down the drain. This will also confuse the market. Loosing investors & market confidence.

Let it take its course and see what happens.

I do agree that BlackBerry should license it's OS to other manufacturers to increase market share. I really don't believe that Lenovo or Xiaomi manufacturing their own brand of BlackBerry smartphone will canabilise Blackberry's market share.

They have good marketing dollars to do justice to the BlackBerry 10 OS that BlackBerry doesn't have.

Posted via CB10
    They wouldn't be starting from scratch. I think that's the misconception that people have about this. Even if they ditched bb10, which they won't, they'd be using Android. That isn't starting from scratch, that's joining 75% of global marketshare. BB10 is never going to reach the masses. If they can sell something that will it'd be silly not to. I would say, though, if BlackBerry sold an Android device(s) they would continue BB10. It also would have 0 effect on their enterprise business as their servers already accept Android. So 1. It would be a consumer option for the company that so far has proven they can't sell to consumers 2. It would have 0 impact on their enterprise market whatsoever.
    04-21-15 05:47 PM
    So it's wise for BlackBerry to rule out adopting an OS with 80% of the market compared to growing one with 0.1% ???

Mmm, k.
    Sure. You have no idea what BlackBerry's business model really is or whether it would be "wise" to do anything.
    04-21-15 06:11 PM
    Sure. You have no idea what BlackBerry's business model really is or whether it would be "wise" to do anything.
    Don't be so hard on him. He can't help it if he's not TheAuthority.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    04-21-15 06:52 PM
    You have no idea what BlackBerry's business model really is or whether it would be "wise" to do anything.
    It's not my style to get into pissing matches with other members here. Believe whatever you want to. We'll see who's right by the end of the fiscal year.
    MarsupilamiX and techvisor like this.
    04-21-15 10:34 PM
    It's not my style to get into pissing matches with other members here. Believe whatever you want to. We'll see who's right by the end of the fiscal year.
    Who are you trying to kid, ,that's totally your style.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    04-21-15 11:06 PM
    Who are you trying to kid, ,that's totally your style.
    Not really.
    04-21-15 11:41 PM
461 ... 1516171819