07-07-15 07:23 AM
461 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Switching to the number 1 selling OS wouldn't be their worst idea.
    If not the worst, it would at least their second worst. Why would anyone buy a BlackBerry phone? So an announcement that they are switching to Android would be the same announcement that they are getting out of hardware.
    04-02-15 08:36 AM
    Why would anyone buy a BlackBerry Android phone?
    Because 8 or 9 out of every 10 enterprise clients uses Android or iOS. I can't imagine being a salesperson for BlackBerry selling corporate handsets, getting the same answer every time.

If BlackBerry doesn't adopt Android, they could sell Samsung handsets preloaded with the BlackBerry productivity suite. Maybe even licence the keyboard patents to Samsung.
    04-02-15 08:47 AM
    Because 8 or 9 out of every 10 enterprise clients uses Android or iOS. I can't imagine being a salesperson for BlackBerry selling corporate handsets, getting the same answer every time.

If BlackBerry doesn't adopt Android, they could sell Samsung handsets preloaded with the BlackBerry productivity suite. Maybe even licence the keyboard patents to Samsung.
    So where did you get those numbers? Again, if BlackBerry phones come loaded with Android, why would someone pick BlackBerry hardware over HTC/Samsung?
    04-02-15 09:57 AM
    So where did you get those numbers? Again, if BlackBerry phones come loaded with Android, why would someone pick BlackBerry hardware over HTC/Samsung?
    0.4% market share. Not hard to figure out.

And a BlackBerry Android would be targeted towards their enterprise clients. They'd have to figure out a differentiator. Probably doing so as we speak.
    04-02-15 10:56 AM
    0.4% market share. Not hard to figure out.

And a BlackBerry Android would be targeted towards their enterprise clients. They'd have to figure out a differentiator. Probably doing so as we speak.
    0.4 market share is across enterprise and non-enterprise. It seems to be hard to figure out when you don't understand numbers and what they relate to.
    04-02-15 11:00 AM
    0.4 market share is across enterprise and non-enterprise. It seems to be hard to figure out when you don't understand numbers and what they relate to.
    0.1% in the US.
    04-02-15 11:12 AM
    Because blackberry make very good hardware, have a great keyboard and slightly better support than samesung?. I would buy an Android BB and I've avoided android phones for the most part because they're generally cheap and nasty. The HTC One was the best I've seen so far and even that had some faults that prevented me keeping it.
    JeepBB, MarsupilamiX and Witmen like this.
    04-02-15 11:13 AM
    Even if they make an Android phone nobody will buy it coz it's a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:17 AM
    Even if they make an Android phone nobody will buy it coz it's a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10

Read the post above yours....
    04-02-15 11:21 AM
    Because blackberry make very good hardware, have a great keyboard and slightly better support than samesung?. I would buy an Android BB and I've avoided android phones for the most part because they're generally cheap and nasty. The HTC One was the best I've seen so far and even that had some faults that prevented me keeping it.
    Yup, BB have some USPs that could be exploited. Very many people in and out of the enterprise space love the PKB (29M out of the 37M BB owners still use BBOS and I suspect the PKB is a large part of that hold on them). Tie in the BB security reputation into that equation, and some smart marketeer could do something with that I'm sure. They could even use some of that SecuSmart technology they've acquired to really sell themselves as the "Secure AndroidTM".

BTW, if BB really do start to market themselves as Secure Android, I'll be expecting a cut of the royalties.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-02-15 12:08 PM
    0.1% in the US.
    Those numbers are for enterprise and non-enterprise customers. You gave enterprise numbers. Unless you can backup your statement, you are making up the numbers using false and mistaken information.
    04-02-15 12:11 PM
    Those numbers are for enterprise and non-enterprise customers. You gave enterprise numbers. Unless you can backup your statement, you are making up the numbers using false and mistaken information.
    BlackBerry will never give out specific numbers. Based on outside reports, it's up to us to figure it out.
    04-02-15 01:40 PM
    This. I'm willing to bet there are a ton of consumers who would love an Android BlackBerry keyboard phone. Hell, i'm willing to be a ton would want an Android Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:58 PM
    I'm willing to bet there are a ton of consumers who would love an Android BlackBerry keyboard phone. Hell, I'm willing to bet a ton would want an Android Passport.
    Or a Windows 10 version.
    04-02-15 05:52 PM
    Or a Windows 10 version.
    Windows 10 on a Passport. Now that actually interests me.

To me, the only Android worth looking at is a 'vanilla ' one. It seems like every other manufacturer puts their own interface on it and makes it clunky. As a matter of fact, before I ever saw how android was supposed to run, I thought Android was an incredibly frustrating OS because of the stupid Samsung TouchWiz on top of it.

I think that BB10 is the best OS out there (I haven't actually tried Windows though - I don't know anyone who has one) and I would be sad to see them go with Android because you lose the amazing fluidity of Bb10. It would become another clunky skin over an android base.

Posted via CB10
    spideymaniac likes this.
    04-03-15 09:40 AM
    Windows 10 on a Passport. Now that actually interests me.

To me, the only Android worth looking at is a 'vanilla ' one. It seems like every other manufacturer puts their own interface on it and makes it clunky. As a matter of fact, before I ever saw how android was supposed to run, I thought Android was an incredibly frustrating OS because of the stupid Samsung TouchWiz on top of it.

I think that BB10 is the best OS out there (I haven't actually tried Windows though - I don't know anyone who has one) and I would be sad to see them go with Android because you lose the amazing fluidity of Bb10. It would become another clunky skin over an android base.

Posted via CB10
    I hadn't thought about the fact that BlackBerry might not be able to deliver a decent Android distro.

But look at Samsung. They have unlimited funds, and TouchWiz is absolute garbage.

You might be right, it might just ruin what's good about BlackBerry's phones. I've been using BB10 for a couple of years now, and despite a few bugs and the lack of apps, the fluidity and simplicity of the phone's UI and UX is unparalleled. Part of that is good design, but a part of that is the awesome QNX base and BB10 OS. Unfortunately, 10.3. Is kind of garbage too.

Windows 10 would be a curious move. At least we'd have a decent camera app. But I don't see it happening. Not with the weird Samsung/BB partnership.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:10 PM
    But look at Samsung. They have unlimited funds, and TouchWiz is absolute garbage.
    TouchWiz has come a long, long way since its inception. It apparently has reached peak efficiency with the upcoming S6. TouchWiz has an automatic bad rep, much like the BlackBerry brand.
    mornhavon and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-03-15 01:28 PM
    TouchWiz has come a long, long way since its inception. It apparently has reached peak efficiency with the upcoming S6. TouchWiz has an automatic bad rep, much like the BlackBerry brand.
    Yes TouchWiz has come a long way, but (in my opinion) it's still behind the HTC or LG of Motorola launchers.
    04-03-15 03:29 PM
    Well I would be happy if they switched to lollipop and made a bb10 launcher with hub and high security standards.

|Posted Via Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243|
    04-13-15 12:50 PM
    Well I would be happy if they switched to lollipop and made a bb10 launcher with hub and high security standards.

No thanks. BlackBerry 10 with Active Frames, Hub, Peek, and Flow. is far superior. The android runtime is a nice bonus.
    04-13-15 04:51 PM

That's why I switched. Now I'm just waiting for BB to come out with the Droid goodies.
    04-16-15 08:34 AM
    Why doesn't Google just buy Blackberry? Android with QNX microkernel. Or Samsung buy Blackberry, bake BBM and the HUB right into all new Samsung devices.
    04-17-15 10:46 PM
    If I were going to buy an Android device, why would I buy BlackBerry. For their super high end hardware? For their great QA with software? Think I'd go with people doing it a little longer.

Posted via CB10
    Physical qwerty. Not the crap Android knock offs. The real one. And the hub. Those are two reasons for me anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 02:20 AM
    I'm sorry I just cannot accept the android UI it's too bare bone too ugly.

I also cannot accept the structure of Android format where each app is do compartmentalised & cannot be easily & seamlessly integrated to with other apps. It's just too unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 03:07 AM
    I'm sorry I just cannot accept the android UI it's too bare bone too ugly.

I also cannot accept the structure of Android format where each app is do compartmentalised & cannot be easily & seamlessly integrated to with other apps. It's just too unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    What Android devices have you been using? I suspect your experience is atypical.
    mornhavon likes this.
    04-18-15 03:23 AM
461 ... 1415161718 ...