07-07-15 06:23 AM
461 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Should've been preparing for that since the Amazon Appstore announcement lol.

Then the developer announcements...
    Then the Knox announcement...
    Then the even further Samsung announcements..
    Then the Samsung buyout rumors.....
    Then the QNX hypervisor announcements..
    Then the Google Android for Work announcements..

So on.. and so on....and so on.
    Aha, that clinches it!

You are definitely an imposter, masquerading as Bla1ze... let him go, you monster, what have you done with him?

Yeah, to be serious, I agree that it's not possible to construct too many alternative narratives that fit the various announcements, lack of Z10 upgrade path, steering Devs to Android, etc, etc.

BTW, Welcome to the "everything is awful, in every way" club... it's lots of fun, a bit of singing/drinking... and there's a badge too!
    03-10-15 12:47 PM
    Welcome to the "everything is awful, in every way" club... it's lots of fun, a bit of singing/drinking... and there's a badge too!
    LMAO, where is this badge you speak of?
    03-10-15 12:50 PM
    LMAO, where is this badge you speak of?
    OK, I may have lied about the badge.

But the bit about the fun, singing, and drinking is true...
    03-10-15 01:06 PM
    People don't wanna listen to us regular folk....wonder now that Bla1ze has spoken truth what they gonna say lol

Something with Android is gonna happen. It's just to the extent that we don't know of yet...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and walt63 like this.
    03-10-15 01:31 PM
    people keep saying that BB10 is "indispensable" in enterprise. From my observations a lot of enterprised went iOS or Android route with an MDM solution to lock them down. This is a "good enough" approach, but it seems it's working for them.
    Did it work for Aviva...? :-)

http://community.spiceworks.com/topi...wiped-remotely

Wasn't "good" enough, or better, the "iron" wasn't sharp enough. ...

Depends on the industry. Only BlackBerry has full operating capabilities on DoD networks.

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    03-10-15 05:14 PM
    In related rumour news, Rolls-Royce may be switching to Russian car manufacturer AvroVAZLada engines...
    03-10-15 06:36 PM
    Android being #1 OS doesn't mean that is the solution for BlackBerry.
    It does give the handset business a much better chance at survival.
    sentimentGX4, techvisor and walt63 like this.
    03-11-15 12:34 PM
    Moving to an arguable inferior operating system would be terrible! Think about all the reasons OHA certified Android is annoying. There's no uniformity in the way the OS works (esp the back button), there's a lot of lag if you don't have a super powerful device and Google have you by the nuts when it comes to stealing your data!

I'd suggest updating to ART from Dalvik be the first step (or Blackberry even code an ART style solution themselves)

Better yet, run full AOSP with pseudo-root capabilities under the QNX hypervisor.
    In the same way a Virtual Machine can interact with its host, the Hypervisor could give access to the Share API amongst other things to the guest operating system.

People would be able to install Google Play Services if they want to just like they do with a lot of Chinese phones who aren't part of the OHA. Heck they could even delete the entire thing.

But switching from JIT compiling is a must at least.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:55 AM
    Moving to an arguable inferior operating system would be terrible! Think about all the reasons OHA certified Android is annoying. There's no uniformity in the way the OS works (esp the back button), there's a lot of lag if you don't have a super powerful device and Google have you by the nuts when it comes to stealing your data!

I'd suggest updating to ART from Dalvik be the first step (or Blackberry even code an ART style solution themselves)

Better yet, run full AOSP with pseudo-root capabilities under the QNX hypervisor.
    In the same way a Virtual Machine can interact with its host, the Hypervisor could give access to the Share API amongst other things to the guest operating system.

People would be able to install Google Play Services if they want to just like they do with a lot of Chinese phones who aren't part of the OHA. Heck they could even delete the entire thing.

But switching from JIT compiling is a must at least.

Posted via CB10
    This is not a good path for an Android phone in the western world. Here you either go full Google services preinstalled or you don't sell a lot of phones. The best example of this is Amazon with it's forked version of Android.
    03-12-15 05:10 AM
    People don't wanna listen to us regular folk....wonder now that Bla1ze has spoken truth what they gonna say lol

Something with Android is gonna happen. It's just to the extent that we don't know of yet...

Posted via CB10
    I'd say if they are going to switch I'll hold off getting a Z30 or passport until I know for sure. I'm not interested in android and won't spend money on an abandoned platform so hopefully these rumors are cleared up once and for all. Until then, sorry no sale.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:56 AM
    Why does it need to be bb10 or android. BlackBerry can make both.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 11:00 AM
    Lol not happening. The moment they ever announce such a thing would label BlackBerry as UN-Secure.
    BB10 rocks them all.

Android is simply a butchered OS that runs like crap after awhile. No Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    03-16-15 08:24 AM
    Why does it need to be BB10 or Android? BlackBerry can make both.
    They likely will, under the SecuSmart brand.

They can also manufacture a Windows 10 phone.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    03-16-15 10:05 AM
    Man, that would totally kill the BB Charm!
    03-16-15 01:54 PM
    This is bad
    03-17-15 12:56 PM
    Typical BlackBerry. Clear as mud.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-17-15 01:35 PM
    You laugh but that makes a lot of sense heh.
    BlackBerry is leveraging some BB10 Native features for the Enterprise, Business and Government. These features won't just be available for the average consumer. They aren't giving them away for free.
    The whole point is to make money on them.

John Chen also mentioned that he's willing to License out BB10, because he clearly stated it's a very intuitive and highly productive OS.

Anyhow, if BBRY ever announced they would go Android, will be the day I dump them, and no longer support them. I buy BlackBerry because it's a BlackBerry and it's the most Secure with the best Native OS's.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:17 AM

John Chen also mentioned that he's willing to License out BB10, because he clearly stated it's a very intuitive and highly productive OS.
    Thor also mentioned that he's willing to License out BB10, no takers so far.

Why do you believe Chen would be any more successful?

Perhaps you can explain why any other organisation would want an OS that BB are struggling to gain traction with, and why those others would replace whatever OS they currently use. I ask because I can see no rational reason for any other vendor to switch to BB10.
    03-18-15 08:17 AM
    BTW, Welcome to the "everything is awful, in every way" club... it's lots of fun, a bit of singing/drinking... and there's a badge too!
    At least you own up to it now. :-) Now who's in the lead for Presidency? You? Troy? Scalemaster? Birdman? trsbbs? I'm voting trsbbs (aka "Mr. BlackBerry hates America") himself.
    03-18-15 08:23 AM
    I've watched every John Chen interview linked to CB and don't recall him saying that at all. I do recall watching one with Bloomberg where he stated the OS is hard to use and that was a mistake.
    03-18-15 08:31 AM
    At least you own up to it now. :-) Now who's in the lead for Presidency? You? Troy? Scalemaster? Birdman? trsbbs? I'm voting trsbbs (aka "Mr. BlackBerry hates America") himself.
    Heheh... you're just after the badge aren't you.
    03-18-15 08:32 AM
    I've watched every John Chen interview linked to CB and don't recall him saying that at all. I do recall watching one with Bloomberg where he stated the OS is hard to use and that was a mistake.
    If they included a home button that problem would go away. Other than that, the other OS's have also incorporated some gestures so that part shouldn't be a big deal.
    03-18-15 10:40 AM
    I would be bummed if they went android. I think we have the best of both worlds right now - a sweet os and the ability to snag apps from amazon if we want them.

Why enter the crowded android and lose all the benefits of bb10?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:57 AM
    If they included a home button that problem would go away. Other than that, the other OS's have also incorporated some gestures so that part shouldn't be a big deal.
    I think he meant when they took away the belt.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-18-15 01:18 PM
    The OS is not hard to use. It's actually easier to navigate than Android and iOS. What he meant was people that are stuck on BBOS, and getting then to switch to BB10 was a huge step.

And he clearly said, when he was asked, if there's money to be made via Licensing BB10, I'll do it when the time is right.

Interested Parties, Lenovo and Samsung. And that other one that starts with an X.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:45 PM
461 ... 1213141516 ...