07-07-15 07:23 AM
461 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    That doesn't defeat what I'm saying. I'm saying Google would want to open it to more platforms just so they'd have the max amount of people to collect data on...
    It seems google is accomplishing that anyway without having to open it to all platforms. It's no different than apple locking people in by getting them invested in ios apps.

This whole topic is ridiculous. If you want a damn android os device, buy one! Wth is wrong with all these people chiming in about how BlackBerry should be android instead of just happily enjoying some android phones and android central?!? The toxicity of these types of people on a BlackBerry discussion forum would make a terrific thesis topic for some graduate psychology student.

BlackBerry 10 os is the best. If I wanted a damn android os phone with the dorky star wars icons and most boring dessert-named os versions I'd buy a damn android phone! "Lollipop" -- duh! Home button -- duh!
    03-08-15 04:22 PM
    This whole topic is ridiculous. If you want a damn android os device, buy one! Wth is wrong with all these people chiming in about how BlackBerry should be android instead of just happily enjoying some android phones and android central?!?
    The reason for this topic isn't because many individuals on Crackberry want Blackberry to manufacture Android devices. (Those threads have been done to death and received a fraction of the response to this one.)

The reason for the popularity of this topic is because multiple semi-reliable Blackberry rumor sources with insider connections and who also happen to be staunch Blackberry advocates (notably Lucas of N4BB) have come out and say that Blackberry is working on an Android device. "When there's smoke, there's fire."

Because of the reputation of sources, it is denial to think there is not a real probability that Blackberry is working on an Android device. Many posters are lauding the rumor from the perspective that they will support Blackberry's decision no matter what. You should prepare yourself emotionally in the event of a Blackberry Android device.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 03-08-15 at 09:58 PM.
    anon1727506 and southlander like this.
    03-08-15 08:44 PM
    I think this rumor is more of subversion technique by the media. Remember infamous "leaked" Elop memo about Symbian. The memo was not only intended for scaring off new Symbian customers but also causing disbelief within the company. This in order to make the workers within Nokia to accept defeat and they must adopt Windows Phone otherwise they will die.

Today, we know better and it looks more and more that Meego could have helped Nokia to survive without Microsoft. Now we see the same thing with Blackberry and they must adopt Android otherwise they will die. This is a way remove competitors of US operating systems. Hopefully Blackberry will not fall into the same trap.
    Not Elop-style Chenanigans, please...

John, stay on course. "Land in sight..."

:-D

  "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)  
    03-08-15 09:30 PM
    Haha! Those rumors have been running rampant forever now as noted. The latest news only helped bubble them to the top again. Let's see... Samsung, Google, BlackBerry bringing Hub etc to other devices. QNX's Hypervisor. It all leads to rumors. Queue the Google Play talk alllll over again.
    Is it confirmed that BlackBerry will be bringing Hub and other BlackBerry features to Android devices? Or is that also only rumors?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-10-15 01:34 AM
    The reason for this topic isn't because many individuals on Crackberry want Blackberry to manufacture Android devices. (Those threads have been done to death and received a fraction of the response to this one.)

The reason for the popularity of this topic is because multiple semi-reliable Blackberry rumor sources with insider connections and who also happen to be staunch Blackberry advocates (notably Lucas of N4BB) have come out and say that Blackberry is working on an Android device. "When there's smoke, there's fire."

Because of the reputation of sources, it is denial to think there is not a real probability that Blackberry is working on an Android device. Many posters are lauding the rumor from the perspective that they will support Blackberry's decision no matter what. You should prepare yourself emotionally in the event of a Blackberry Android device.
    Wonder how many times this has to be said before people get it lol

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:47 AM
    Wonder how many times this has to be said before people get it lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm not totally anti, if BBRY decides to manufacture a line of Android devices (for consumers?). For enterprise, BB10 security is and will be indispensable ... :-)

Sure they have been and they **are** experimenting with it.

  "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)  
    03-10-15 03:52 AM
    I'm not totally anti, if BBRY decides to manufacture a line of Android devices (for consumers?). For enterprise, BB10 security is and will be indispensable ... :-)

•   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   •
    people keep saying that BB10 is "indispensable" in enterprise. From my observations a lot of enterprised went iOS or Android route with an MDM solution to lock them down. This is a "good enough" approach, but it seems it's working for them.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-10-15 07:53 AM
    Pssst...a friend who has a cousin that used to know someone at CrackBerry has confirmed that BlackBerry will actually be switching to Windows 10 Mobile...
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-10-15 08:09 AM
    Based on some tweets from lucas from N4BB and james from BerryFlow, their insiders might have let them in on a secret. BlackBerry might be switching most of its OS to android. Somehow keeping BBM, the hub and a few other features native. If you think about it they did away with the games app, music and video, added the amazon app store and basically told devs to make android apps. Moving most of our native apps that make BlackBerry 10 special to other OS's. I get the need to be everywhere since nobody wants to be here but geez but the the hub thoooo?
    Attachment 338773

Posted By My BeastBerry
    Today I heard these rumours, too.

Ever wondered why why BlackBerry are giving FREE apps like crazy and many devs???

Very sad! If they switch to Android I must switch to Crapple.
    03-10-15 08:13 AM
    This whole topic is ridiculous. If you want a damn android os device, buy one! Wth is wrong with all these people chiming in about how BlackBerry should be android instead of just happily enjoying some android phones and android central?!?
    BlackBerry 10 is 50% Android already... Android ports, reliance on Android app stores, etc. So there's that.
    03-10-15 08:14 AM
    Pssst...a friend who has a cousin that used to know someone at CrackBerry has confirmed that BlackBerry will actually be switching to Windows 10 Mobile...
    Excellent!!!

WinPhone 10 on that slider would be fab.

Such a shame, for me at least, that you're joking.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    03-10-15 08:22 AM
    Now that would be a better choice
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    03-10-15 08:23 AM
    Excellent!!!

WinPhone 10 on that slider would be fab.

Such a shame, for me at least, that you're joking.
    A rumour that doesn't depress everyone is no joke...
    03-10-15 08:27 AM
    A rumour that doesn't depress everyone is no joke...
    If that would be the truth then I could keep my Z 30 and switching it to Win 10====Awesome
    03-10-15 08:34 AM
    Today I heard these rumours, too.

Ever wondered why why BlackBerry are giving FREE apps like crazy and many devs???

Very sad! If they switch to Android I must switch to Crapple.
    Again the funny thing is at CB we have this thread and over at N4BB.... crickets and no more info from lucas

Btw. The point of Android is to make a very generic OS that can be easily work on many phones and to make it easy for the hardware producer.

So could a a phone that runs BB10 run Android? Duh yes

If some people at BlackBerry getting Android working on a BB10 phone mean BlackBerry is going to discard BB10 or run 2 OSs? Nope

Btw somebody has installed Windows8 onto a passport. Will BlackBerry change to Win8?

Posted with my flash Passport
    03-10-15 09:20 AM
    Btw somebody has installed Windows8 onto a Passport. Will BlackBerry change to Win8?
    If it'll double their unit sales, that's not a bad idea.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-10-15 09:34 AM
    If it'll double their unit sales, that's not a bad idea.
    Maybe quintuple their unit sales?

WP outsells BB (BBOS+BB10) something like 6 to 7 times over, but quintuple because I'm unsure what the correct word would be ... Hextuple, Septuple? Lol

WP8 on the slider - I'd buy it tomorrow. Shame is that I suspect that BB's "this year" dateline for the slider will in reality be subject to the usual delays and it won't be available until the eleventy-third of December 2015. (that's about April 2016 in the calendar in common use )
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-10-15 09:47 AM

I only disagree with saying Bb10 is indispensable to enterprise. If most people aren't buying these devices then that's a far cry from being indispensable. Mayb to certain businesses but for most I disagree with that statement.

Like you though, I'm open to whatever route they go from here though I do hope they make a device running both and not just one or the other

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:01 AM

•   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   •
    Or maybe BES and the "BlackBerry Experience" suite of apps will be indispensable....

Are there devises at BlackBerry running Android and even Win8/10... there should be - even if it just of testing and comparison. Does that mean that BlackBerry will start making hardware using these other OS?

The real question is can BlackBerry have hardware made (they don't make stuff themselves anymore), add one of these other operating systems and their "suite of apps" and then sell these BlackBerry branded devices for a profit... probably not in the consumer market, but maybe in the enterprise market they could.

Really think that BB10 is a problem for BlackBerry... the user base is going to be too small to really support it's continued development, and let's face it... without an ecosystem that is "official" it isn't of much use to the corporate world. Sure enthusiasts who love to tweak and play with hacks and patches find it interesting, but it just isn't as useful to their "real" customers as it needs to be.

Chen has to look at all of his options... things aren't working as they are, so something has to change.
    JeepBB likes this.

WP outsells BB (BBOS+BB10) something like 6 to 7 times over, but quintuple because I'm unsure what the correct word would be ... Hextuple, Septuple? Lol

WP8 on the slider - I'd buy it tomorrow. Shame is that I suspect that BB's "this year" dateline for the slider will in reality be subject to the usual delays and it won't be available until the eleventy-third of December 2015. (that's about April 2016 in the calendar in common use )
    Theoretically, BlackBerry could manufacture a full Android model, a Windows 10, and a BB10 device (without Android runtime) in 2015. They're a smartphone vendor like anyone else.

Should've said, it was desktop win8
    In and event if you like at hardware the OS are pretty much hardware agnostic. You can probably install any mobile OS onto a Z30, excepting iOS, with minimal fiddling. But so what!

Android being #1 OS doesnt mean that is the solution for BlackBerry. Just another Android is a great slogan after all. Remember, esp in USA, many people think BlackBerry is dead and having along side excelent Samsung and Sony product won't help it find a market.

Explain why security and comm is better on a BlackBerry Android vs BB10.

Do you think anyone would by a Passport or Classic that runs Android?

Posted with my flash Passport
    03-10-15 12:01 PM
    Do you think anyone would by a Passport or Classic that runs Android?
    Absolutely. A BlackBerry Classic with unfettered Android and Google Play access would stand out. There would be nothing else like it on the market.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-10-15 12:04 PM
    Is it confirmed that BlackBerry will be bringing Hub and other BlackBerry features to Android devices? Or is that also only rumors?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Yes, just no indication of how exactly. Full blown apps? App launchers? etc etc.
    03-10-15 12:40 PM
    You should prepare yourself emotionally in the event of a Blackberry Android device.
    Should've been preparing for that since the Amazon Appstore announcement lol.

Then the developer announcements...
    Then the Knox announcement...
    Then the even further Samsung announcements..
    Then the Samsung buyout rumors.....
    Then the QNX hypervisor announcements..
    Then the Google Android for Work announcements..

So on.. and so on....and so on.
    BlackBerry might be switching to Android [Rumor]-2606b0a0bebbc98831012589faeb1226.jpg
    03-10-15 12:42 PM
    Should've been preparing for that since the Amazon Appstore announcement lol.

Then the developer announcements...
    Then the Knox announcement...
    Then the even further Samsung announcements..
    Then the Samsung buyout rumors.....
    Then the QNX hypervisor announcements..
    Then the Google Android for Work announcements..

So on.. and so on....and so on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2606b0a0bebbc98831012589faeb1226.jpg 
Views:	1896 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	340194
    True. Bla1ze will you be switching platforms if BlackBerry because a android enterprise company? If you pretty much had to choose and crackberry had to shut down, where would you go?

Posted By My BeastBerry
    03-10-15 01:37 PM
461 ... 1112131415 ...