A great day for BlackBerry with the earnings report and exciting announcements coming from the BlackBerry camp on future products.

1 additional announcement that may be coming, to appease a lot of folks complaining about BlackBerry's in ability to market its products.. apparently based on the article below, BlackBerry is holding talks to have Drake market the product... potentially similar to how the Toronto Raptors use Drake in bringing additional credibility to the brand:

BlackBerry In Talks With Drake For BlackBerry Classic Launch Promotion | TechCrunch

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    06-19-14 03:47 PM
    Decent idea he really helped the raptors and maybe he could get more BlackBerry promo/ advertising at the ACC even if it's just during raptors games

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 03:54 PM
    Makes sense. Drake still uses his 9900 religiously so I could see him promoting the classic. Might even be one of the early adopters lol

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 04:11 PM
    Drake is unquestionably the best spokesman BlackBerry could hope to get. He is well-liked, very popular, and sits near the top of the business right now.

If BlackBerry really is embarking on a turnaround story, Drake himself would even benefit from the association. I would love this to be true.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    06-19-14 04:12 PM
    I hope they ink a deal....this would be amazing. Chen is a turn around master!!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 04:15 PM
    Personally, I think Blackberry should put all these tacky celebrity endorsements to rest after the entire Alicia Keys debacle. They don't work that well for tech companies.
    app_Developer and bbq10l like this.
    06-19-14 04:16 PM
    A great day for BlackBerry with the earnings report and exciting announcements coming from the BlackBerry camp on future products.

1 additional announcement that may be coming, to appease a lot of folks complaining about BlackBerry's in ability to market its products.. apparently based on the article below, BlackBerry is holding talks to have Drake market the product... potentially similar to how the Toronto Raptors use Drake in bringing additional credibility to the brand:

BlackBerry In Talks With Drake For BlackBerry Classic Launch Promotion | TechCrunch

Posted via CB10
    Way cleaner image than JB for sure. But like Alicia Keys, I'm not sure what kind of market he will bring for BlackBerry. What's BlackBerry intended target? Not the rabid preteens, teenagers that follow One Direction. Otherwise it's a waste of money and effort.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 04:16 PM
    Personally, I think Blackberry should put all these tacky celebrity endorsements to rest after the entire Alicia Keys debacle. They don't work that well for tech companies.
    However "tacky" you might think they are, they can seriously influence buyers. Samsung knows this and that's why they went to a lot of trouble and expense to tie into Jay-Z's album release last year.

As I say, Drake is well-liked (he did a killer turn hosting Saturday Night Live last season). He has a MASSIVE public profile. He also has a history with BlackBerry devices that makes him a more credible spokesman than most.
    06-19-14 04:27 PM
    I have been pushing this idea for a while. He only will write lyrics on BlackBerry and has many backups in case he loses one.

Appears the consumer market is still being taken seriously as a viable option.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 04:37 PM
    Don't see why this isn't in the works. If BlackBerry can essentially ask for Amazon's help, I don't see why an agreement with Drake can't be on the table...provided Chen actually knows what to do with that kind of arrangement

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 07:45 PM
    Drake may be a good fit, as long as no NBA players are around.

Rello likes this.
    06-19-14 07:59 PM
    I can't see chen getting drake to help promote. Sadly

Drakes popular, from t.o. He is everywhere apparently cheering for every team. He would be perfect for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 09:35 PM
    This could be what BlackBerry needs to counter the Apple/Beats onslaught of advertising that we all KNOW is coming with the iPhone 6, and the Samsung/Lebron James/other athletes ad campaigns.

BlackBerry is different though, and would need to find a way to do it right, so it doesn't go wrong and they look lame with a "me too!" campaign. Drake also uses an iPhone, which was something that had many around here calling for Alicia Keys' head a while back. Tread carefully, BlackBerry... because I can already see the negative stories that begin with, "Like BlackBerry's Former Celebrity Employee, Alicia Keys, Drake Tweets From His iPhone Just Days After Partnering With The Beleaguered Canadian Smartphone Maker."
    06-19-14 10:08 PM
    I doubt this rumor will ever come to be.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-19-14 10:17 PM
    Drake? Really?

Message to BlackBerry: A subpar, middling celebrity is going to get you subpar, middling results.
    06-19-14 10:24 PM
    Drake may be a good fit, as long as no NBA players are around.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfi...ear_Reddit.jpg
    Lmao....that gets me to laugh every time. if we could get him to be a fanboi of BlackBerry like that, BlackBerry would be back on top in no time haha

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:35 PM