Does anybody know how much the z30 will cost in India?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Too much
    Erkan OZKAYA and flyingsolid like this.
    10-17-13 09:31 PM
    Too much
    Ur statement doesn't make any sense :P

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    10-17-13 09:35 PM
    I like the way a Blackberry announcement thread gets morphed into an iPhone announcement....

Yup, no trolls on this site......none at all...... lol
    I thought the same. All the prices for the iPhone, but no price for the Z30.

ZED-10 for the person on the move. OS 10.2.0.1767
    10-17-13 09:44 PM
    Dude you may disagree with what he said but I didn't see anything in his posts that would constitute calling him a racist....that and you don't know the guy. he may be Indian himself, or married to one or related to an Indian person. Take a chill pill.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, didn't think I wrote anything contentious, surely nothing racist.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 and Anubhav Nagpal like this.
    10-17-13 10:44 PM
    Wow ... Canada has about 1 Billionaire/million people
    India , one billionaire for every 244,000,000 people
    Where did you learn your math? 1 billionaire per 244M people would mean a population of 12+ billion. India has a lot of people, but not that many.
    KenFletch likes this.
    10-17-13 10:57 PM
    I can see cross platform BBM launching then. There's the Indian Grand Prix and the fact that the Mercedes F1 team has been rocking "BBM" branding gear instead of "BlackBerry" as of recently. Official Channels would be a nice +1 to somewhat makeup for the last failed launch. With how popular BBM supposedly is in India, it would be another factor.

BlackBerry to make major announcment at Z30 event in India-namingchange.jpg
    nalin909, BBNation and Brandon Orr like this.
    10-17-13 11:03 PM
    You do realize that Apple has the majority of their workforce there to cut costs and boost their bottom line at the expense of the American workers. They aren't bowing down to anyone.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. It's just not feasible to make huge manufacturing facilities in the US. I would go as far as to say it's impossible to make consumer electronics in the scale Apple requires in the US. Foxconn's Shenzhen facility alone employs over 500,000 people. The Shenzhen Foxconn facility is like an entire city into itself. Would it be possible to find 500,000 Americans willing to work in a single facility? Doubtful. You can do it in China because workers are willing to live in dormitories and none of them except the most senior management are allowed to drive to work. Can you imagine a couple hundred thousand cars driving to work at one facility? Can you imagine the parking space you'll need? The traffic nightmare?

Aside from logistics, the work itself is mind numbing. Do this, get a cup of Rice Krispies. Then with a pair of tweezers, grab one Krispie and move it to another cup. Do that for 8 hours a day. Good luck trying to find 500,000 Americans to do that kind of work for minimum wage. Not only that, you need all of them in one geographical location. Chinese will do it though, because culturally that type of work is perfectly acceptable, and Foxconn pays significantly more than minimum wage.
    10-17-13 11:23 PM
    Where did you learn your math? 1 billionaire per 244M people would mean a population of 12+ billion. India has a lot of people, but not that many.
    I don't think you have that right. 1 billionaire per 244 million people means roughly 5 billionaires in a country of 1.2 billion. 1 billionaire per 1 million people means roughly 35 billionaires in a country of 35 million.
    10-17-13 11:35 PM
    Not really. It's just not feasible to make huge manufacturing facilities in the US. I would go as far as to say it's impossible to make consumer electronics in the scale Apple requires in the US. Foxconn's Shenzhen facility alone employs over 500,000 people. The Shenzhen Foxconn facility is like an entire city into itself. Would it be possible to find 500,000 Americans willing to work in a single facility? Doubtful. You can do it in China because workers are willing to live in dormitories and none of them except the most senior management are allowed to drive to work. Can you imagine a couple hundred thousand cars driving to work at one facility? Can you imagine the parking space you'll need? The traffic nightmare?

Aside from logistics, the work itself is mind numbing. Do this, get a cup of Rice Krispies. Then with a pair of tweezers, grab one Krispie and move it to another cup. Do that for 8 hours a day. Good luck trying to find 500,000 Americans to do that kind of work for minimum wage. Not only that, you need all of them in one geographical location. Chinese will do it though, because culturally that type of work is perfectly acceptable, and Foxconn pays significantly more than minimum wage.
    Not disagreeing with that reasoning but that certainly does not mean Apple is bowing down. Apple is cutting costs. I'm sure if they could manufacture their phones cheaper in Greenland they would move all their production there.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:55 PM
    I don't think you have that right. 1 billionaire per 244 million people means roughly 5 billionaires in a country of 1.2 billion. 1 billionaire per 1 million people means roughly 35 billionaires in a country of 35 million.
    He said there are over 50 billionaires in India.
    10-17-13 11:57 PM
    He said there are over 50 billionaires in India.
    Hence why the math is off.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:58 PM
    I got it wrong originally ... too many zeros 24 M people/billionaire in India, about 1M/billionaire in Canada. BTW, China 1.35B and 130 Billionaires( about 10M/billionaire), USA 330M and over 400 billionaires ( <1M/billionaire),
    10-18-13 12:01 AM
    Yes.
    iPhone 5s will be available for Rs. 53,500 for the 16GB model, Rs. 62,500 for the 32GB model and Rs. 71,500 for the 64GB model. iPhone 5c will be available for Rs. 41,900 for the 16GB model and Rs. 53,500 for the 32GB model. All prices are inclusive of all taxes.
    Good Gawd, are you sure? I always thought AAPL priced their phones exactly the same across markets. I know they refused to price phones cheaper in countries where per capita income is significantly less that in the USA. But 71,500 INR is basically $CDN1200! Really? What's a 64 GB iPhone 5S worth in Toronto?
    10-18-13 01:55 AM
    Good Gawd, are you sure? I always thought AAPL priced their phones exactly the same across markets. I know they refused to price phones cheaper in countries where per capita income is significantly less that in the USA. But 71,500 INR is basically $CDN1200! Really? What's a 64 GB iPhone 5S worth in Toronto?

Anything can change.
    However that is what is being reported.
    http://m.financialexpress.com/news/i...india/1183388/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-18-13 04:00 AM
    Agree with Anubhav..........Guys u need a Strong research about India on Google.
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    10-18-13 04:06 AM
    We Made a profit and are not for sale! Now that would be a major announcement!
    10-18-13 07:04 AM
    Q30?!?!?!?

lol who am i kidding....
    10-18-13 07:06 AM
    Probably that they will be moving all customer support centers to India for cost savings or some nonsense like this.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:37 AM
    and still India has more billionaires than Canada(if they have any)...the growth in India is explosive and stop the nonsense about how backwards and poor they are because things are changing fast there and Blackberry has become insignificant now that 4g and LTE is starting to be implemented and users abandoned obsolete BBRY and switching to iphones and Android in droves.
    Sorry, a bit off topic, but if Canada has any??? That level of ignorance is inexcusable.
    ray689 and Gunner24 like this.
    10-18-13 08:45 AM
    I'm not surprised that BlackBerry is moving to asian region for big events. They don't hate them as far as I heard and there is a huge amount of potential customers. It's not running away, it's being smart. Why try to go through the wall (US) when you have an open door on the other side?
    10-18-13 01:50 PM
    I change my prediction. My latest on the major announcement will be the total number of apps in app world now thank you to S4BB.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:56 PM
    Sorry, a bit off topic, but if Canada has any??? That level of ignorance is inexcusable.
    Oh don't mind him/her. S/he just hates on BB whether the reason is valid or not.

You just keep in mind that BlackBerry has become insignificant because 4g and LTE is starting to be implemented. BlackBerry must not make "4g" and LTE capable phones.
    10-18-13 01:58 PM
    If a deal was done it would have leaked like all the OS updates we get.....

Richard
    10-19-13 08:40 AM
    It's good that BlackBerry is doing these product releases in Asia and not in Canada, USA.

I suppose they are being loyal to their bigger user bases.

Like how they mentioned the percentage growth in Malaysia.

Now only if they were to come to South Africa and announce 'something interesting' lol

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:56 PM
    I change my prediction. My latest on the major announcement will be the total number of apps in app world now thank you to S4BB.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, maybe it will be announced that BB World now has city & village guides covering all of India!
    10-19-13 04:11 PM
101 12345