10-05-13 03:11 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    In its outlook, the company said monthly service revenues are expected to decline further in the third quarter, though not at the escalated rate experienced in the second quarter. The company said service revenue dropped about 27% to $724 million in the three months ended Aug. 31.

Um, at the present rate of 27% per quarter, how long will it take to reach zero? Damn.... they are bleeding FAST!
    If it declines by 27% each quarter it will never actually reach 0
    techvisor likes this.
    10-03-13 05:20 AM
    Patriotism only gets you so far
    I agree, you can only step on, and mislead your customer base for so long.
    10-03-13 07:19 AM
    The good news keeps rolling.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:13 AM
    the amount committed to pay suppliers had fallen steeply, to $2.9-billion from $5.2-billion in the previous quarter,

This is really a good news for a potential buyers.
    Reduce 2.3B obligation in one quarter while not hurting their book too much
    Fairfax submits draft BlackBerry offer as spectre of rival bid looms - The Globe and Mail
    10-03-13 09:21 AM
    What a depressing read. I'm surprised at the 7.6% figure of sales in Canada though. I thought patriotism was rife there.
    Sales in Canada are generally decent. The percentage is just a matter of market size. BlackBerry would be in pretty good shape if they could translate Canadian sales levels to the US and Europe. However, instead there are 3 million BlackBerry users in Canada, but only 6 million in the US, which is 10x the market size.
    10-03-13 10:34 AM
    BlackBerry eyes sale of Waterloo, Ont., properties - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

Not looking good for them....costs have gone up and now looking to sell properties. Reminds me of playing Monopoly.....you have to start mortgaging and selling properties when you start losing.

This is sad....sad how they have gone from a Hero to a Zero. This is what happens when you dont listen to your customers and adapt to change. They adapted but far too slowly and failed to deliver and lie to their loyal customers, they simply pushed them away. I was one of those loyal users for many, many years, but when my devices didnt do what I needed them to do I jumped ship.

Hopefully they can pull it together but they have missed the Big Picture and have not thought of what their customers wanted and needed and are now paying the price. Perhaps, it's time for them to start doing this a little differently, it's clear what they've been doing is not working.
    Really not a big deal, they have lots of empty space now that they have thousands less employees, just getting rid of building space they don't need..

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    10-05-13 03:11 AM
81 ... 234