although he does mention that Blackberry is superior in qwerty keyboards its not even in the platform race anymore. gg

(please make them relevant again Mr Chen)

How to buy a smartphone: a guide | The Verge
    11-15-13 03:36 AM
    Meh the verge?
    Bor Navas likes this.
    11-15-13 03:39 AM
    i just think based on what they said about leaving the consumer segment that everyones written them off as a viable smartphone choice.
    11-15-13 03:57 AM
    with just 1% market share...it is logical for media doesnt count Blackberry anymore...
    Etios likes this.
    11-15-13 07:19 AM
    with just 1% market share...it is logical for media doesnt count Blackberry anymore...
    What is interesting is that the media spends a lot of time and effort to discuss a company that only has 1%. It's gives weight to conspiracy theories that NSA backed media want the masses to move away from BlackBerry protection of NSA eyes and ears.

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising and Saiga like this.
    11-15-13 08:02 AM
    What is interesting is that the media spends a lot of time and effort to discuss a company that only has 1%. It's gives weight to conspiracy theories that NSA backed media want the masses to move away from BlackBerry protection of NSA eyes and ears.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Makes the media sound more and more pathetic all the time

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 08:05 AM
    I read this article yesterday and despite the fact that BlackBerry is not on the list (which should surprise no one) it is a very good jumping off point for anyone needing a little guidance as to what is out there.

I am truly not surprised to see the dismissing of The Verge (getting close to BGR territory) and the standard NSA nonsense.
    11-15-13 08:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think this is a new record!

I read the OP and asked myself - "self, how long ya think it will take before the word conspiracy or NSA is used in this thread?"

I knew at least one of them would be mentioned within the first page of replies, but never imagined we'd have both used at once and on only the 5th reply. Great Job! You've far exceeded my expectations and for that, you get a thanks.
    11-15-13 08:46 AM
    Whatever. I don't waste my time reading the Verge anymore

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-15-13 09:37 AM
    Yes but the 1% is very loyal. That percentage could really improve if :

- they can get the new APK loader OS to USA / CDN / UK carriers
    - get a Lumia 520 / Moto G type device to the market at similar price points
    - need a larger screen's for both the Q5 & Q10
    - need a BB10 device running BIS for developing nations markets
    - find a way to crack Chinese market
    11-15-13 10:25 AM
    In all fairness, where is crackberry's buying guide?

Hopefully they put out a holiday buyers guide as I assume a lot of cb users will be buying bb10 devices for people who never touched one before.

Everyone knows the Verge is an apple oasis.
    11-15-13 10:27 AM
    What is interesting is that the media spends a lot of time and effort to discuss a company that only has 1%. [...]

Posted via CB10
    The media is discussing a company that use to be a top dog among mobile platforms. Name recognition is still out there. Now if and when BlackBerry goes the way of Palm and the Dodo bird, pretty sure the media's interest will as well.

The irony of this whole thing is that iff the media weren't mentioning BlackBerry at all, pretty sure the forums would be full of posters crying over that.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:39 AM
    I read this article yesterday and despite the fact that BlackBerry is not on the list (which should surprise no one) it is a very good jumping off point for anyone needing a little guidance as to what is out there.

I am truly not surprised to see the dismissing of The Verge (getting close to BGR territory) and the standard NSA nonsense.
    What exactly is wrong with the Verge in your eyes? They ****ted on ios7, they hate the Nexus5, so your conspiracy theories of only hating Blackberries is completely flawed.
    Admorris likes this.
    11-15-13 10:44 AM
    In all fairness, where is crackberry's buying guide?

Hopefully they put out a holiday buyers guide as I assume a lot of cb users will be buying bb10 devices for people who never touched one before.

Everyone knows the Verge is an apple oasis.
    Would be a Mobile Nations' guide or never exist.
    11-15-13 12:04 PM
    What exactly is wrong with the Verge in your eyes? They ****ted on ios7, they hate the Nexus5, so your conspiracy theories of only hating Blackberries is completely flawed.
    You're right. They're an all around terrible website.
    11-15-13 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, what else are they gonna talk about... news?

Lmao come on!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 03:17 PM
    Agreed. Makes the media sound more and more pathetic all the time
    Pathetic - See BlackBerry BB10 sales number.
    ajst222, Etios, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    11-15-13 03:24 PM
    WTF are you prattling on about. I made zero mention of a conspiracy against the Verge (dismissing their opinion by some is not the same) nor did I indicate the I have a problem with them. And not once did I make mention of them hating BlackBerry.
    richardat likes this.
    11-15-13 07:34 PM
    Would be a Mobile Nations' guide or never exist.
    You're probably right, there has been a substantial drop in content from the cb 'staff' since the summer.
    11-15-13 10:15 PM
    Great thread
    11-18-13 02:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    In reality Blackberry is discussed very little outside the financial news. Seeing them go from where they were to where they are WAS news.

Tangible news from the new CEO would help but nothing but silence!
    11-21-13 07:59 AM
    Whatever. I don't waste my time reading the Verge anymore

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    Why, because they said something against Blackberry?

LOL!
    11-21-13 08:03 AM
    I used to like the verge but now it just seems to be a part of the media churn that recycles ideas and articles. It used to have more actual reporting.

Where do you guys get your tech news? I can't seem to find a site I like.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    They're all biased in one way or another, so I try to follow as many as I can to get a more balanced view overall.

Engadget, The Verge, Wired, Cnet, and Mobile Nations are just a handful of the many tech sites in my RSS reader.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-21-13 08:44 AM
    I used to like the verge but now it just seems to be a part of the media churn that recycles ideas and articles. It used to have more actual reporting.

Posted via CB10
    I am a big fan of Ars Technica.
    They annoyed me with a very noticeable Xbox One bias in the last week, but they overall have very detailed and thoroughly written news, reviews and editorials.

Considering technical knowledge, they are one of the best blogs I have encountered until today.
    But just like the user sais I will now quote:

They're all biased in one way or another, so I try to follow as many as I can to get a more balanced view overall.

Engadget, The Verge, Wired, Cnet, and Mobile Nations are just a handful of the many tech sites in my RSS reader.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    I use a number of different tech blogs to stay informed, because everyone of them has a certain bias towards one product or another.

Twitter lists are my medium of choice to gather the news though, instead of an RSS-Reader.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:30 PM