We all know that BlackBerry wants you to switch back to BlackBerry, but how does it perform? Is BlackBerry trying to surprise us on December 19 earning results?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:03 AM
    I don't think the trade in starts until December. Their results period ends like December 2.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:36 AM
    The trade up promotion numbers won't show up until next quarter results

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:34 AM
    I think it is a guerrilla marketing campaign.

Since the carriers won't play ball, Chen is going after the "word of mouth" buzz and trying to get as many Passports into hands as he can. Won't make a bunch of money, probably doesn't need much more profit off of the Passports now.
    12-01-14 01:21 PM
    I think it is a guerrilla marketing campaign.

Since the carriers won't play ball, Chen is going after the "word of mouth" buzz and trying to get as many Passports into hands as he can. Won't make a bunch of money, probably doesn't need much more profit off of the Passports now.
    I don't think it's a "carries won't play ball" issue. If BBRY covered the carrier costs for participating in the promo, the carriers would be on top of it without batting an eye.

However, if John/Jane Consumer can't walk in to their local store, trade in, and walk out with the new device immediatly, then it probably won't go far.

Penned via Tapatalk
    12-01-14 03:53 PM
    I don't think it's a "carries won't play ball" issue. If BBRY covered the carrier costs for participating in the promo, the carriers would be on top of it without batting an eye.

However, if John/Jane Consumer can't walk in to their local store, trade in, and walk out with the new device immediatly, then it probably won't go far.
    Penned via Tapatalk
    I'm not talking about the carriers participating in the promo. The promo is handled by a third party for BlackBerry. I'm talking about the carriers actually trying to sell BlackBerry phones at their stores.
    12-01-14 04:12 PM
    I'm not talking about the carriers participating in the promo. The promo is handled by a third party for BlackBerry. I'm talking about the carriers actually trying to sell BlackBerry phones at their stores.
    Yeah I know where you were going. But carriers will only be on the ball for promos in which they were actively recruited to participate in.

Carriers don't give a second thought to each platform/OS/manufacturer. They care only about sales. If BB wants to have a trade in program, then they have to give Carriers incentives to fulfill it.

BBRY can run a promo all they want, but unless they provide incentives for the carriers, it's not going to go anywhere with the carriers. And if BBRY doesn't offer those incentives, and thus giving the Carriers an opportunity to decline, then the term "The carriers won't play ball" is an unfair judgment.

Penned via Tapatalk
    12-01-14 04:33 PM
    I don't think this promo will do well tbh. I think they should have targeted legacy bb7 customers. Trade up to a new bb10 device - any of them - and get up to X amount of dollars for your old phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:12 PM
    It's a great deal, but I honestly can't imagine too many people who just got an iPhone 6 that all of a sudden have a totally different set of needs for their phone and would switch to a Passport.
    12-01-14 10:50 PM
    I don't think this promo will do well tbh. I think they should have targeted legacy bb7 customers. Trade up to a new bb10 device - any of them - and get up to X amount of dollars for your old phone.

Posted via CB10
    Trade up with legacy and BB19 BB phones is also offered. You just have to scroll down for the link.
    The Classic is aimed directly at the legacy BB owners who are worried about upgrading.
    nuff_said likes this.
    12-02-14 08:52 AM
    The promo already paid for herself it the form of free press - worldwide.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 09:17 AM
    Yeah I know where you were going. But carriers will only be on the ball for promos in which they were actively recruited to participate in.

Carriers don't give a second thought to each platform/OS/manufacturer. They care only about sales. If BB wants to have a trade in program, then they have to give Carriers incentives to fulfill it.

BBRY can run a promo all they want, but unless they provide incentives for the carriers, it's not going to go anywhere with the carriers. And if BBRY doesn't offer those incentives, and thus giving the Carriers an opportunity to decline, then the term "The carriers won't play ball" is an unfair judgment.

Penned via Tapatalk
    When it comes to apple you better believe they care. Especially with those contracts they sign. Ask yourself this how many trade in your iphones for an (insert phone name) promotions have you seen from carriers themselves answer is none. Now the only trade in offers we see are from manufacturers themselves (HTC,blackberry, and samsung) now when you ask the opposite you see multiple offers to trade in your (insert phone name) for a new iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:02 PM
    When it comes to apple you better believe they care. Especially with those contracts they sign. Ask yourself this how many trade in your iphones for an (insert phone name) promotions have you seen from carriers themselves answer is none. Now the only trade in offers we see are from manufacturers themselves (HTC,blackberry, and samsung) now when you ask the opposite you see multiple offers to trade in your (insert phone name) for a new iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Apple is good at this. A few bucks lost today will make up for it in hundreds of bucks selling accessories. In fact, I don't think Apple is losing money with every device sold, trade-in or not trade-in

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    12-02-14 08:37 PM
    Att no BlackBerry suck

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:20 AM
    I plan to trade up my 4S for a new Red Passport.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-04-14 08:59 AM
    Then I will decide whether to use the black or red as my daily driver.

Cheers

theRock1975 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    12-04-14 09:00 AM
    Then I will decide whether to use the black or red as my daily driver.

Cheers

Got a nice PIN on one?
    The inner beauty counts, too... ;-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    12-04-14 09:10 AM
    I plan to trade up my 4S for a new Red Passport.

Cheers

Just show the Value of an iPhone.... what other mobile device can sell after three years and get $225? Where as a brand new (but really two year old) Z10 isn't even worth that much.

But I agree that without carrier support... at least in the US, this promotion won't mean very much. We are moving towards a point where devices are not carrier supplied, but we haven't reached that point yet here in the States. Most everyone I know still buys via Carrier's and their subsidies. So if a carrier doesn't have it in their store or on their website... it doesn't exist.
    12-09-14 04:35 PM
    I think the real value here is the "free" marketing offers like this get. I think this is more about keeping Blackberry in the minds of cell phone buyers more than anything else. I doubt there will be many iP6 users who will take this deal, but the "$600 trade-in" deal sticks in the mind.

Too bad Blackberry had no one in the wheelhouse for years and now has to resort to these strategies.
    12-09-14 04:57 PM
    I think it would be good marketing for BlackBerry to sell used iPhones on Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:18 PM
    I think it would be good marketing for BlackBerry to sell used iPhones on Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm... It would make BlackBerry look so desperately in need of cash that they have to sell iPhones to survive.

Posted from an ME173X
    anon1727506 and m1a1mg like this.
    12-09-14 07:39 PM
    Ummm... It would make BlackBerry look so desperately in need of cash that they have to sell iPhones to survive.

Posted from an ME173X
    I know, just a crazy amusing thought.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 12:27 AM