Not sure if this has been posted but BlackBerry to focus on key growth areas bringing back jobs to Waterloo at BlackBerry HQ. Great news.

Resurgent BlackBerry hiring 350 engineers

Posted via CB10
    raino and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    09-29-14 12:06 PM
    That is great news, thanks for posting

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:50 PM
    Progress!

No Shade Just Light!!!
    09-29-14 01:32 PM
    hopefully some software engineers to update the inhouse apps
    09-29-14 03:14 PM
    hopefully some software engineers to update the inhouse apps
    Seriously? Am sure you don't know what you're talking about! Am glad you're not one of them.

Addicted to Z30
    09-29-14 03:19 PM
    Seriously? Am sure you don't know what you're talking about! Am glad you're not one of them.

Addicted to Z30
    Trust me you don't want to get me started.

Just look at my post/thread history and that would give you a taste
    Or pick an inhouse app and compare it to the competitor apps even a "business' one if you like.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 09-29-14 at 04:00 PM.
    09-29-14 03:42 PM
    Great news!
    09-29-14 03:55 PM

Or pick an inhouse app and compare it to the competitor apps even a "business' one if you like.

Posted via CB10
    OK, just to shut you up.

File Manager. The BlackBerry File Manager has:

Remote File Transfer
    Cloud Integration

These 2 things alone are unique, no other file manager has (hell, the iPhone doesn't even have a file manger to begin with).

No need to respond to this BTW, I'll just ignore it. Just sick and tired of the whiners in every forum section lately; so I needed to post something to vent/relax a bit.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:15 PM
    OK, just to shut you up.

File Manager. The BlackBerry File Manager has:

Remote File Transfer
    Cloud Integration

These 2 things alone are unique, no other file manager has (hell, the iPhone doesn't even have a file manger to begin with).

No need to respond to this BTW, I'll just ignore it. Just sick and tired of the whiners in every forum section lately; so I needed to post something to vent/relax a bit.

Posted via CB10
    didn't think about those. That is a good part about BB10 when remote files sharing connects that but nothing is perfect i respect that. There are many other solutions on iOS and Android but BB10 surprisingly does a good job on this front.

iOS does have something like this built in but they go about it a different way like handoff vs blend. They also have 10+ good file manager apps that perfectly integrate into the OS but that's what the app store is for though right? The range of productivity apps on there is insane.
    09-29-14 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ooh am so scared now..bring it on...am all ears. Just got my ears waxed just so I can hear you and type loud and clear! My pin is below if you want to the it one on one.

2B631AB7

Addicted to Z30
    09-29-14 04:27 PM
    Ooh am so scared now..bring it on...am all ears. Just got my ears waxed just so I can hear you and type loud and clear! My pin is below if you want to the it one on one.

2B631AB7
    Addicted to Z30
    not sure why you just don't want to contribute to my threads all listed here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-most-962186/

Seems a bit more productive but ok...
    09-29-14 04:34 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted but BlackBerry to focus on key growth areas bringing back jobs to Waterloo at BlackBerry HQ. Great news.

Resurgent BlackBerry hiring 350 engineers
    I bet you this won't be reported over and over again, unlike the layoff waves that were a part of ONE SET of announced layoffs.
    09-29-14 04:39 PM
    I bet you this won't be reported over and over again, unlike the layoff waves that were a part of ONE SET of announced layoffs.
    haha i know, I like how they are looking into more co-op students and new grads. A sector of UW (Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre) is on there way to building one of the first Quantum computers, University of Waterloo .

UW/UofT is also one of the best engineering universities both on the top 100 in the world and top 50 in north america.

They can snatch up some pretty smart people.
    09-29-14 04:41 PM
    Wow, we finally got to see the total number of employees

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:04 PM
    Should post on CB front page.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    09-29-14 05:19 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    They will recruit from university of Waterloo.... on of the top computer science / engineering universities in the world for additional grads as well as hiring more Co -op students....

A great sign BlackBerry is back and growing....

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:12 PM
    didn't think about those. That is a good part about BB10 when remote files sharing connects that but nothing is perfect i respect that. There are many other solutions on iOS and Android but BB10 surprisingly does a good job on this front.

iOS does have something like this built in but they go about it a different way like handoff vs blend. They also have 10+ good file manager apps that perfectly integrate into the OS but that's what the app store is for though right? The range of productivity apps on there is insane.
    Handoff compared to Blend. Your joking right. Nobody in their right mind would compare the quality of the two products. Blend is light years ahead.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:32 PM
    Handoff compared to Blend. Your joking right. Nobody in their right mind would compare the quality of the two products. Blend is light years ahead.

Posted via CB10
    They are completely different

You can actually do a bit more on hand off like calls and tasks.

Apple went about it a different way and you need an apple ipad/computer but once you do it's completely merged with OSX completely.

They opened it up to third party development as well..

Blend is good but it's bare bones but you can use it on most of your devices.

Samsung has SideSync where you can completely take control of your whole phone on the computer.

Android has a bunch of them like Air Droid 2, mobizen and etc

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 10-01-14 at 02:07 AM.
    10-01-14 01:56 AM
    They are completely different

You can actually do a bit more on hand off like calls and tasks.

Apple went about it a different way and you need an apple ipad/computer but once you do it's completely merged with OSX completely.

They opened it up to third party development as well..

Blend is good but it's bare bones but you can use it on most of your devices.

Samsung has SideSync where you can completely take control of your whole phone on the computer.

Android has a bunch of them like Air Droid 2, mobizen and etc

Posted via CB10
    Your kidding right. You are comparing the ease of blend which allows you to work seamless, wirelessly and jointly (accessing each devices resourses) with a clunky ham handed program called Handoff. Dude, the closest comparison to what you describe is BlackBerry link. It's as old as the hills and there was a similar program for BBOS7. This is dated technology that fails to fully embrace the nature of mobile computing.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:22 AM
    Thanks for the link,Great news indeed
    10-01-14 07:37 AM
    Your kidding right. You are comparing the ease of blend which allows you to work seamless, wirelessly and jointly (accessing each devices resourses) with a clunky ham handed program called Handoff. Dude, the closest comparison to what you describe is BlackBerry link. It's as old as the hills and there was a similar program for BBOS7. This is dated technology that fails to fully embrace the nature of mobile computing.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you people are the equivalent to isheep...

I've only had blackberry phone since 2006 but I know about this crap. Handoff from this point of time has more features then blend. Without having to do a thing.

If you don't have a mac or ipad it's crap.

Seriously, instead of you guys trolling. What makes blend better then handoff,sidesync and all the other Android competition (air Droid and mobizen).

I will start
    - You can download the Blend app on different devices. (all android versions use the web)
    - security
    - only assistant to ever use BBM (hand off has what app integration with 3-10x the user base)

Keep it going if you can

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:13 AM

2B631AB7

Addicted to Z30
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:30 PM
    Lol you people are the equivalent to isheep...

I've only had blackberry phone since 2006 but I know about this crap. Handoff from this point of time has more features then blend. Without having to do a thing.

If you don't have a mac or ipad it's crap.

Seriously, instead of you guys trolling. What makes blend better then handoff,sidesync and all the other Android competition (air Droid and mobizen).

I will start
    - You can download the Blend app on different devices. (all android versions use the web)
    - security
    - only assistant to ever use BBM (hand off has what app integration with 3-10x the user base)

Keep it going if you can

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp will be making their 3rd party Blend integration available, has been said in the beta thread a couple of months ago

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:04 PM
    WhatsApp will be making their 3rd party Blend integration available, has been said in the beta thread a couple of months ago

Posted via CB10
    That's good. I don't use whatsapp but it has a huge user base.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:30 PM
    Sacking worn out ones and hiring fresh, hungry young people might be a good idea. You want people with fresh ideas and turn'em loose...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-02-14 01:33 AM