05-22-14 11:27 PM
62 123
tools
    Blackberry has to play to it's strengths, and the keyboard is one of them. Regardless of it's popularity today, anything that differentiates you from the pack in this industry is a strength. The market is becoming crowded and homogenous.

But this was Virgin Mobile. The demographic is different from Bell. Most people who get a keyboard phone from Virgin are either young, on prepaid, or a drug dealer. Bell continues to sell the Z30 and Q10

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:08 PM
    Most people who get a keyboard phone from Virgin are either young, on prepaid, or a drug dealer.
    That's quite a demographic
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-18-14 08:22 PM
    Most people who get a keyboard phone from Virgin are either young, on prepaid, or a drug dealer
    Why would drug dealers want keyboards?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-18-14 09:54 PM
    Because business people want the best business phone
    05-18-14 10:21 PM
    Isn't that what happened with PlayBook? The retail price was slashed on both BlackBerry's website and through their retail channels simultaneously.

Retailers would not have suffered widespread losses on the product just to clear stock.
    Yessir ... they sold in a lot, but sell through dried up quickly, which caused re-orders to plummet. Then they did the massive provision on the value of inventory, which amounted to price cuts on what was in the stores and then sales at lower prices of what was in inventory. This caused the shipments to pick back up. But when BlackBerry was "out" of stock, they didn't make more.
    05-19-14 12:43 AM
    Is the Z3 in North America?

More importantly the Z3 is a low end phone. It isn't going to create any positive buzz for BlackBerry.
    Sure ... just making a point that they have launched new product.
    05-19-14 12:44 AM
    there are so many comments like this, but I would think the opposite.
    Blackberry is not sending inventory ANYMORE to all those shops.

It's not like all of the sudden, more than a year after launch, people rushed to buy blackberry handsets...

be realistic!
    This.

My store has a curve on display. It's all I can get. I took down the z10/30/q10/5 after the mass return order last November/December and once the last straggling stock depleted. Why display what I can't sell because our warehouse has none to sell?

Why were they ordered back? I don't know. But they were and it leads to frustrated customers when they see a phone I can't sell them.

So the displays came down.
    mornhavon likes this.
    05-19-14 01:33 AM
    must be nice living in a cave
    Not living in a cave?

The Z3 is a regionally released low end phone. North America, Europe, Africa, South America, Australia and most of Asia will never see Z3.

No new handset in 95% of the world is no new handset.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 03:39 PM
    Why would drug dealers want keyboards?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Not necessarily for the keyboard, just the cheapest Blackberry which happens to have a keyboard. I didn't see many drug dealers investing in Z10s when we had em.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:17 AM
    That's quite a demographic
    It's actually D) All of the above, most often.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:18 AM
    that's sad because the Z30 is actually able to compete with the 2013/2014 android phones. Although I'm not surprised the Z30 launch was basically a secret, terrible launch.
    I agree. I was in a blacks location to get some pictures printed and her win toronto they have a little corner for Telus I believe. So there were like 8 phones all 4 bb10 phones and 4 others. Then there was a separate little display with iPhone 5c. These three kids, no older than 10, run in and start yelling 'I want this, I want this' and the mom goes to get her pictures done.

It's just about flash, and blackberry doesn't have that now, which is ironic since BlackBerry can play flash and apple can't

The Z30 was right there and the kids obviously wanted the iPhone for games, but still... it was the first Z30 I had seen in stores and actually held. it is a great looking phone, too bad it was stuck on a BlackBerry splash screen and not functional.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 08:59 AM
    Not living in a cave?

The Z3 is a regionally released low end phone. North America, Europe, Africa, South America, Australia and most of Asia will never see Z3.

No new handset in 95% of the world is no new handset.

Posted via CB10
    just because it doesn't exist in your cave doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    05-22-14 11:27 PM
62 123