06-23-14 09:09 AM
29 12
tools
    So they both failed.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    Definitely not. Alec was a great guy, who did his job well.
    Marty, on the other hand... Well, let's just say he was at BlackBerry Experience Toronto and told me that they offered big name devs LAST YEAR and it was the big name devs turn to step up to the plate.
    06-22-14 10:30 PM
    Definitely not. Alec was a great guy, who did his job well.
    Marty, on the other hand... Well, let's just say he was at BlackBerry Experience Toronto and told me that they offered big name devs LAST YEAR and it was the big name devs turn to step up to the plate.
    There's only so much that he can do after you are told "no."

At a certain point no means no.

In my opinion, the solution would have been for BlackBerry to focus on the Android runtime from the beginning. It would have been an easier sell. Instead, the runtime was api-limited and did not run many things well or at all.

I remember back when BB10 was launched, Skype was one of the bug deal apps that BlackBerry did not have. I asked someone at BlackBerry why they don't just port the Android app and I was told that the apis that were necessary were not supported. I said why not just support them? I didn't get an answer but months later we got a Skype Android port.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:27 AM
    There's only so much that he can do after you are told "no."

At a certain point no means no.

In my opinion, the solution would have been for BlackBerry to focus on the Android runtime from the beginning. It would have been an easier sell. Instead, the runtime was api-limited and did not run many things well or at all.

I remember back when BB10 was launched, Skype was one of the bug deal apps that BlackBerry did not have. I asked someone at BlackBerry why they don't just port the Android app and I was told that the apis that were necessary were not supported. I said why not just support them? I didn't get an answer but months later we got a Skype Android port.

Posted via CB10
    He told me directly that the developers should be coming to them, not the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:44 AM
    He told me directly that the developers should be coming to them, not the other way around.

Posted via CB10
    That's crazy.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-14 09:09 AM
29 12