04-08-15 02:02 PM
71 123
tools
    Hi friends!

First of all - this is my personal mind game and has nothing to with facts, leaks or anything like that!

Why am I posting this? - because I saw something very interesting few weeks ago.
    And what's on my mind is: Will we see iOS Apps on Blackberry in 2015?

How do I get to this thought? - Because of the "Q3 FY2015 earnings report" just a few weeks ago.

After the earnings call John Chen met with Bloomberg for an interview about Blackberry's future.
    There Chen said that Blackberry will come up with a secret project called "Blackberry Gladiator" by June 2015.

Chen pointed out that Blackberry knows that many people are carrying around two devices but "Gladiator" should change that.
    I think he meant an iPhone (for fun and privat things) and a Blackberry (for business needs).
    And so there will only be the need for one device in future.

First rumors were that the "Gladiator" will be a brand new high end device.
    But Lukas Atkins (from N4BB) made an update to this report and said that it might be a "software product" and he is not sure if it really has anything to do with hardware.

The only thing that came to my mind was: Will we see iOS apps on Blackberry 10 - like we got Android apps right now?

Please don't call me crazy and that is the only thing I could imagine why people really would dump their iPhones for Blackberrys in private use.

And yes I know there will be a Mulit-SIM thing - but I don't think that having 2 oder more numbers on one phone would bring someone to drop his iPhone.

What do you think??
    IggieX and arifbsantoso like this.
    12-28-14 04:34 PM
    Not sure if iOS is possible because it's not open.
    But depending upon the restrictions of the Amazon deal, I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry is trying to do a phone that is even more inclusive of Android. BBM store now includes some BlackBerry World apps so maybe they will phase out the current BlackBerry World and embed it into the bbm app and then offer a bb10 android hybrid phone with full Google services.
    Might be more competitive.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:41 PM
    Could he not have been referring to a dual sim phone?
    anon1727506 likes this.
    12-28-14 04:49 PM
    Dual SIM? Hmmm....

From my Z30
    12-28-14 04:59 PM
    Or one SIM and multiple numbers?

"BlackBerry Acquires Movirtu to Improve Adoption of BYOD and COPE

New solution enables split billing for iOS, Android and BlackBerry

Waterloo, ON BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that it has acquired Movirtu, a provider of virtual identity solutions for mobile operators that allows multiple numbers to be active on a single device. This improves device management in bring-your-own device (BYOD) and corporate owned personally enabled (COPE) environments. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

With Movirtus Virtual SIM platform, both a business number and a personal number can be used on a single mobile device, with separate billing for voice, data and messaging usage on each number. As a result, employees can switch between business and personal profiles easily without carrying multiple devices or SIM cards, and charges are appropriately billed to the company and the employee. Additionally, in conjunction with the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) platform, enterprise customers will be able to apply IT policies to the business number without impacting the usability of the device for personal use."
    Slash82, arifbsantoso and kbz1960 like this.
    12-28-14 05:26 PM
    lol n4bb

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:31 PM
    Or one SIM and multiple numbers?

"BlackBerry Acquires Movirtu to Improve Adoption of BYOD and COPE

New solution enables split billing for iOS, Android and BlackBerry

Waterloo, ON BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that it has acquired Movirtu, a provider of virtual identity solutions for mobile operators that allows multiple numbers to be active on a single device. This improves device management in bring-your-own device (BYOD) and corporate owned personally enabled (COPE) environments. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

With Movirtus Virtual SIM platform, both a business number and a personal number can be used on a single mobile device, with separate billing for voice, data and messaging usage on each number. As a result, employees can switch between business and personal profiles easily without carrying multiple devices or SIM cards, and charges are appropriately billed to the company and the employee. Additionally, in conjunction with the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) platform, enterprise customers will be able to apply IT policies to the business number without impacting the usability of the device for personal use."
    That's right!
    But will this bring people to drop their iPhones?

I mean this could not be the only reason why people are carrying iPhones besides Blackberry - I mean only because of having two numbers?

There is a reason why they wanna have two different phones?

And even if it was only because of 2 different numbers, they might be 2 Blackberrys?

Just like I said, this is just my thoughts and I might stack to high in this one.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:45 PM
    lol n4bb

Posted via CB10
    Sure Crackberry is #1, no doubt!

But N4BB often has a lot of good news and Lucas also has good contacts.
    Nothing to laugh about that page.

Posted via CB10
    Tkarps and shupor like this.
    12-28-14 05:47 PM
    Hi friends!

First of all - this is my personal mind game and has nothing to with facts, leaks or anything like that!

Why am I posting this? - because I saw something very interesting few weeks ago.
    And what's on my mind is: Will we see iOS Apps on Blackberry in 2015?

How do I get to this thought? - Because of the "Q3 FY2015 earnings report" just a few weeks ago.

After the earnings call John Chen met with Bloomberg for an interview about Blackberry's future.
    There Chen said that Blackberry will come up with a secret project called "Blackberry Gladiator" by June 2015.

Chen pointed out that Blackberry knows that many people are carrying around two devices but "Gladiator" should change that.
    I think he meant an iPhone (for fun and privat things) and a Blackberry (for business needs).
    And so there will only be the need for one device in future.

First rumors were that the "Gladiator" will be a brand new high end device.
    But Lukas Atkins (from N4BB) made an update to this report and said that it might be a "software product" and he is not sure if it really has anything to do with hardware.

The only thing that came to my mind was: Will we see iOS apps on Blackberry 10 - like we got Android apps right now?

Please don't call me crazy and that is the only thing I could imagine why people really would dump their iPhones for Blackberrys in private use.

And yes I know there will be a Mulit-SIM thing - but I don't think that having 2 oder more numbers on one phone would bring someone to drop his iPhone.

What do you think??
    That will never happen. For facts I can't explain. Gladiator is the new passport slider device. Shhhhh!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Slash82 likes this.
    12-28-14 05:50 PM
    That will never happen. For facts I can't explain. Gladiator is the new passport slider device. Shhhhh!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha! Ok.
    12-29-14 05:11 AM
    Well a while back a guy did get IPA filed to run on his PlayBook.

So it is definitely possible.

And it was even confirmed by Crackberry I think by The Kevin Michaluk himself.

It ran off an iOS player similar to the android runtime in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:27 AM
    It's mortivu! Don't over complicate things, I feel we always over think and get disappointed after

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    mister2d and rthonpm like this.
    12-29-14 05:34 AM
    Could he not have been referring to a dual sim phone?
    That's how I took it too.

Posted via CB10
    Graham Miller likes this.
    12-29-14 05:42 AM
    That's how I took it too.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so that's not really something so revolutionary and that wouldn't make people drop their iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    12-29-14 05:49 AM
    I don't think so that's not really something so revolutionary and that wouldn't make people drop their iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought!
    Maybe I'm putting too much in that statement...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:29 AM
    I kind of see what the OP is thinking. Dual SIM is not a big splash for people to walk into Verizon and say, "Hey, I want the new BlackBerry."

Apple apps on BlackBerry does seem far fetched; however, who imagined two years ago that we'd be running Android apps on BlackBerry devices in 2014? People said it would never happen, but here we are. Heck, its John Chen, he dislikes the competition but respects them...Samsung partnership.

But, what I can truly see happening is a full Android OS, built from the ground up with BlackBerry security measures. This would open up better application compatibility.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Slash82 likes this.
    12-29-14 08:35 AM
    Sure Crackberry is #1, no doubt!

But N4BB often has a lot of good news and Lucas also has good contacts.
    Nothing to laugh about that page.

Posted via CB10
    He's laughing at the mix up. The name is made up and the fact it was posted as a device and then pointed out to be a software solution. If you go over it, there's no info there.. just a misunderstanding (it happens) and a mish mash of speculation and rumors. You've taken the misunderstanding to the next level. Chen never even mentioned 'Gladiator' as you've presented, it wasn't even part of the Bloomberg interview and even Lucas pointed out it's an informal name N4BB simply chose. All Chen said was that it was a software solution.

You can watch the interview the yourself - http://crackberry.com/john-chen-incr...dds-99-percent or here http://www.bloomberg.com/video/popou...hYu50A/123.933. No mention of 'Gladiator' at all but he's working on something. As for iOS apps, yeahhh. Don't think so. If they're not willing to bypass the Google Play stuff even though they could, there's 0 chance they are going to take on Apple either and all the issues that would arise from implementing their apps.

You've been led into the rabbit hole my friend based on pure speculation and a partial misunderstanding. But alas, 'Gladiator' will make it rounds and in a few months people will be asking WTF it is much like how people still ask for the technically non-existent Z50 lol. Gotta love the random fake names that get assigned to things.
    12-29-14 08:39 AM
    Well a while back a guy did get IPA filed to run on his PlayBook.

So it is definitely possible.

And it was even confirmed by Crackberry I think by The Kevin Michaluk himself.

It ran off an iOS player similar to the android runtime in BB10.

Posted via CB10

You mean this - Developer gets iOS apps running on BlackBerry, for real (we asked for more evidence and got it) | CrackBerry.com. Funny how that guy disappeared.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    12-29-14 09:17 AM
    He's laughing at the mix up. The name is made up and the fact it was posted as a device and then pointed out to be a software solution. If you go over it, there's no info there.. just a misunderstanding (it happens) and a mish mash of speculation and rumors. You've taken the misunderstanding to the next level. Chen never even mentioned 'Gladiator' as you've presented, it wasn't even part of the Bloomberg interview and even Lucas pointed out it's an informal name N4BB simply chose. All Chen said was that it was a software solution.

You can watch the interview the yourself - http://crackberry.com/john-chen-incr...dds-99-percent or here http://www.bloomberg.com/video/popou...hYu50A/123.933. No mention of 'Gladiator' at all but he's working on something. As for iOS apps, yeahhh. Don't think so. If they're not willing to bypass the Google Play stuff even though they could, there's 0 chance they are going to take on Apple either and all the issues that would arise from implementing their apps.

You've been led into the rabbit hole my friend based on pure speculation and a partial misunderstanding. But alas, 'Gladiator' will make it rounds and in a few months people will be asking WTF it is much like how people still ask for the technically non-existent Z50 lol. Gotta love the random fake names that get assigned to things.
    Thanks for your reply and for those infos!

Yeah, I might wrong with my speculation, but as I wrote in my first post here:
    It has nothing to do with leaks or facts - just my mind game about things I read around the net.

So I might put this wrong together.

I never meant to spread any wrong rumors - that's why I pointed out as my personal mind game.

But Blackberry - especially with OS10 is still full of surprises! I'm open to expect everything with this plattform, it just has started to bloom!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:31 AM
    Bla1ze, are you insinuating BlackBerry scooped him up and working with him? Or do you think Apple shut him down?

Posted via CB10
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    12-29-14 09:40 AM
    Bla1ze, are you insinuating BlackBerry scooped him up and working with him? Or do you think Apple shut him down?

Posted via CB10
    Not insinuating anything really. Just odd how he managed to disappear when he was onto something really cool. I think there's more to the story there but I've long since pushed what I remember of it out of my brain an replaced it with more useless stuff lol. There was def. more, I just don't remember what.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    12-29-14 09:42 AM
    How about running Windows .exe on BB10? That would be more interesting than IOS apps

BB10 enterprise thin client... ?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:49 AM
    Yeah, but it was confirmed by Kevin.
    Blaze he's your brother, have faith

Also what about Reebee?
    Or was that just porting?

Sorry I read a lot of articles and they just get mashed together in my head...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:53 AM
    How about running Windows .exe on BB10? That would be more interesting than IOS apps

Posted via CB10
    That sounds a lot more unlikely than iOS apps my friend.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Unlikely, but you could see Linux apps work as desktop app.
    12-29-14 12:40 PM
71 123