11-11-13 11:43 AM
239 ... 78910
tools
    I guess Thor doesn't get that parachute now.
    He Gets 22Mill Intead of 55Mil
    11-04-13 11:52 PM
    All I can say is Thorsten Heins looks like Mr. Bean in that photograph. But Mr. Bean is actually charismatic and funny.
    I noticed the SAME Thing
    11-04-13 11:58 PM
    Anything is possible still. Especially with that influx of cash. Any new CEO is going to have his/her work cut out for them, that's for sure.
    The influx of cash is barely anything at all. Early 2014, 450 million they have to pony up. That one billion isn't even half might give them a lifeline an extra 4 months tops..

Blackberry needs another revenue stream as it stands now there isn't one..
    milo53 likes this.
    11-05-13 12:07 AM
    Maybe they'll finally start an interesting advertising campaign now.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:13 AM
    True believers: great news indeed? Hot diggity? Things are WORSE than RICHARDAT thought. If that doesn't scare you nothing will! Lol
    When richardat refers to himself in the first person...things just got real.
    11-05-13 12:14 AM
    Starting sound like a lynch mob gathering around here. Way to much emphasis on hanging Heins.

Sent while driving from my CrackBerry.
    The coach is a genius when your team wins, and an ***** if they lose. It's practically a universal truism.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:43 AM
    I just hope they advertise, seriously the only advertisement (just one, one time) I saw in Australia was on a bus shelter
    11-05-13 01:25 AM
    About time they woke up, sacked TH and replaced the BOD.
    Well, one out of three anyway.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-13 03:20 AM
    Wow, John Chen gets to commute to/from Waterloo via private jet. So that's what the 1 billion dollars is paying for

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-05-13 05:14 AM
    I doubt fairfax will be able to drum up enough interest to even raise the $1bn. They are fronting $250mil so $750mil to raise. It'll be a tough sell to investors.
    Right, I thought I read earlier that the balance had already been bought but as you say it's PW putting up $250MM and going hunting for the rest. It will be extremely interesting to see who steps up, if anyone. Talk about a hard sell. Who would bet that kind of money that BBRY will be paying its 6% in 2018?

This is where 99.99% of us don't have the insider experience to really figure out what's going on. No one is going to invest $750MM in this firm unless there's a clear path to the return. In this case, that return sure as hell won't come from selling Z30s.
    JeepBB and kevinnugent like this.
    11-05-13 05:33 AM
    Wow, John Chen gets to commute to/from Waterloo via private jet. So that's what the 1 billion dollars is paying for

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    You have got to be kidding me. What a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:56 AM
    Good Luck Mr. Chen you have your work cut out for you.
    To Thor, go away, don't say anything just go away.
    11-05-13 07:38 AM
    Things are tough all over.
    kevinnugent and JeepBB like this.
    11-05-13 07:56 AM
    I'm cautiously optimistic by what I'm reading about Chen, but didn't they also say about Heins when he came that he had turned around Siemens or some portion of it?
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-05-13 09:04 AM
    You have got to be kidding me. What a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    I kid not.

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-05-13 09:40 AM
    Things are tough all over.
    Yeah, so tough Chen gets to use a cushy BlackBerry jet for as long as he's interim CEO

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-05-13 09:41 AM
    I dont get it - Everyone was praising Thorsten at one time and it seems he gave a good go. The products that were released while he was in charge seems to be loved by the people who actually own the bb10 devices. It's just that the majority of the masses are either set on their androids or iphones. I think any CEO would have "failed" at this point and the next one will too. It's hard to bring consumers back to the BB brand after hanging on to the OS7 devices for so long and getting left behind by better phones. Now that those same people who left BB invested in the apps of whatever OS's they moved to, will make it even harder to entice them to come back. All of this happened BEFORE Thorsten took the reins. Seems to me that Thorsten helped RIM to recognize and admit to their shortcomings and finally moved forward. Bottom line - it's hard for any CEO to convince people that a polished turd isn't still a turd. Not that BB's are crap but the OS7 devices were pretty antiquated compared to the other brands and the name "Blackberry" is what people pay attention to. You could put some of the most mind-blowing tech into the blackberry but people will still cringe at just the mention of that name. That isn't Thorsten's fault. It's the two guys before him who sat on their laurels for way too long.
    ljfong, The Gift and schwede like this.
    11-05-13 11:46 AM
    Thorsten took the job that nobody wanted at the time, not without outrageous compensation deals, and BlackBerry at the time was in no position to dole out such deals. John Chen probably took the job as personal "challenge" and after being guaranteed very sweet deals personally by Prem regardless of whether he succeeds or fails. If he succeeds, he will become the second Steve Jobs and permanent CEO, if he fails, nobody knows what will happen.

I dont get it - Everyone was praising Thorsten at one time and it seems he gave a good go. The products that were released while he was in charge seems to be loved by the people who actually own the bb10 devices. It's just that the majority of the masses are either set on their androids or iphones. I think any CEO would have "failed" at this point and the next one will too. It's hard to bring consumers back to the BB brand after hanging on to the OS7 devices for so long and getting left behind by better phones. Now that those same people who left BB invested in the apps of whatever OS's they moved to, will make it even harder to entice them to come back. All of this happened BEFORE Thorsten took the reins. Seems to me that Thorsten helped RIM to recognize and admit to their shortcomings and finally moved forward. Bottom line - it's hard for any CEO to convince people that a polished turd isn't still a turd. Not that BB's are crap but the OS7 devices were pretty antiquated compared to the other brands and the name "Blackberry" is what people pay attention to. You could put some of the most mind-blowing tech into the blackberry but people will still cringe at just the mention of that name. That isn't Thorsten's fault. It's the two guys before him who sat on their laurels for way too long.
    11-05-13 12:32 PM
    Well this is surprising. Why does everyone have their pitchforks out, I thought BlackBerry fans liked Thorsten Heins...
    11-05-13 05:34 PM

BlackBerry financing aims for a new lease on life - The Globe and Mail

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    Wow, for a moment I thought you were joking! From the article "Mr. Chen will continue to live in California and BlackBerry has agreed to let him use a company jet to commute to and from BlackBerrys home city of Waterloo, Ont."

milo53 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    11-05-13 05:42 PM
    Now they gotta little thing called "Debt"

The influx of cash is barely anything at all. Early 2014, 450 million they have to pony up. That one billion isn't even half might give them a lifeline an extra 4 months tops..

Blackberry needs another revenue stream as it stands now there isn't one..
    11-05-13 07:50 PM
    Wow, for a moment I thought you were joking! From the article "Mr. Chen will continue to live in California and BlackBerry has agreed to let him use a company jet to commute to and from BlackBerrys home city of Waterloo, Ont."

Ohhhhh boy,,, not a good start for sure! Remember this guy?

BlackBerry-Fairfax deal dies; Thorsten Heins out-image.jpg
    codehut and oilgeo10 like this.
    11-05-13 07:54 PM
    Not good. Stupid BB BOD doesn't get it! This Corporate Jet thingy attracts massive criticism! They gotta hire a guy who requires a Jet? Bad sign guys! The arrogance continues! Obviously, we are NOT in this together. It us, the elite, then there's you, the disposable. See what the last guy did with the jet, sank the company.

Blackberry is ****ed!

I bet it's a daily commute too.

BlackBerry financing aims for a new lease on life - The Globe and Mail

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    11-05-13 08:09 PM
    Not good. Stupid BB BOD doesn't get it! This Corporate Jet thingy attracts massive criticism! They gotta hire a guy who requires a Jet? Bad sign guys! The arrogance continues! Obviously, we are NOT in this together. It us, the elite, then there's you, the disposable. See what the last guy did with the jet, sank the company.

Blackberry is ****ed!

I bet it's a daily commute too.
    Absolutely ridiculous. Obviously this is all part of his package. I can only imagine how much of a payout he gets once he finds a CEO
    11-05-13 08:33 PM

I wasn't joking.
    If Chen wants us to believe he's loyal to BlackBerry, he ought to move to Waterloo.

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    11-05-13 08:34 PM
239 ... 78910