11-11-13 11:43 AM
239 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Your name surely represents your goal in the forums, wish the mods will stop you before u post more with your "2 posts"
    Not really.. but im not going to post lies so a few bb faitjfull feel all warm and snuggly. You can keep doing that if you want
    11-04-13 01:41 PM
    My useless posts huh? Lol nice.

Maybe I should take a break, so it won't seem as I'm trying to get my post count up.

Sorry for the useless comments guys, it was off topic.

Posted via CB10
    And your ******** about my posts? Give your head a shake
    11-04-13 01:42 PM
    i think until now what we are hearing ,it looks good and BB can make a comeback

i think this turns good for bb in the end

i think the one billion support should be used in a positive manner
    11-04-13 01:46 PM
    The stock will go down because people were looking for the company to be sold, then chopped.
    Looks like that isn't happening.

No way they're out of the woods, but this is still the best chance of more BlackBerry products, and also, Heins getting screwed is a fantastic bonus.

Posted via CB10
    Why is TH getting screwed? He gets his 55 million?
    11-04-13 01:57 PM
    Why is TH getting screwed? He gets his 55 million?
    I don't think he'll get that amount as his change of control clause did not kick in. He will be well paid in severance though.

I have not read anywhere how the new CEO was recruited and by whom. Was it done by the Board or by Watsa? Anyone seen anything on this?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 02:12 PM
    Thor is gone, and that is a good thing.
    Having another Billion dollars to spend has got to be good (what strings were attached to those "notes").
    Saying that you are "planning" to stay in the hardware business is good.
    Saying that you are no long looking to "sell" the company is good.

I don't see how changing up the board, the CEO and selling some "notes" to raise $1 Billion dollars.... really changes the fundamental problems at BlackBerry.

Is BB10 going to be magical transformed into a finished, mature and bug free (relatively) OS?
    Will there suddenly be devices made that people can be excited about?
    Are developers now going to be clamoring to build for BB10?
    Is the future and security of any investment that a company makes in going with BES10 and BB10 going to suddenly become "no worries"?
    Is BBMX sudden going to start making money?

I think at this point, BlackBerry is going to have to be honest with their big corporate customers and let them (and shareholders) know exactly what the plans are for the future, how they hope to accomplish those plans and how much they expect those plans to cost them. Other wise it is going to be very difficult to overcome this big black cloud that is following them around.
    11-04-13 02:14 PM
    i think the one billion support should be used in a positive manner
    Anyone disagree?
    11-04-13 02:29 PM
    Anyone disagree?
    If they donated it to a food bank it would be better used then bb burning through it again
    11-04-13 02:31 PM
    I don't want to hang TH. But he hasn't performed as well as he was alleged he was going to.
    No lynch-mob neccessary for TH. He had to go, yes, - finally - but not with a lynching.
    The guy who MUCH MORE desperately needed to get tossed is Boulben, the marketing boob who couldn't make a fridge full of cold drinks appealing to a bus load of hikers lost in the desert in July .... STILL haven't heard his fate, but he'd better be on a 1-way trip back to Evian-land if he knows what's good for him.
    bmantz65 likes this.
    11-04-13 02:35 PM
    The interim CEO is a guy who specializes in re-marketing brands to other companies to piece off for sale. I think it's rather clear where BlackBerry is headed now. I predict that the company will split apart and use the $1 Billion to market pieces of the company to interested parties not as a whole.
    In the words of one of my professors, "Over the line...you need a cite!"

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    11-04-13 02:54 PM
    Also, Katie...

1. Other evidence pulled on Chen seems he is equally good at turning companies around, assuming what you said is true (again, cites please otherwise it might as well be just your opinion). So I will set a good example. My cite for saying this is the quoted bio blurb/article someone posted above.

2. He is quoted today as assuring BlackBerry is not ready to abandon hardware business. He said that the ingredients are there for success and he's done it before essentially. So, if they were on a split in pieces track, why wouldn't he avoid taking about hardware now seeing as he'd soon kill it? No one wants the hardware business. The fact that he's assuring folks on it tells me he wants BlackBerry intact for now at least.

11-04-13 02:57 PM
    Thor is gone, and that is a good thing.
    Having another Billion dollars to spend has got to be good (what strings were attached to those "notes").
    Saying that you are "planning" to stay in the hardware business is good.
    Saying that you are no long looking to "sell" the company is good.

I don't see how changing up the board, the CEO and selling some "notes" to raise $1 Billion dollars.... really changes the fundamental problems at BlackBerry.

Is BB10 going to be magical transformed into a finished, mature and bug free (relatively) OS?
    Will there suddenly be devices made that people can be excited about?
    Are developers now going to be clamoring to build for BB10?
    Is the future and security of any investment that a company makes in going with BES10 and BB10 going to suddenly become "no worries"?
    Is BBMX sudden going to start making money?

I think at this point, BlackBerry is going to have to be honest with their big corporate customers and let them (and shareholders) know exactly what the plans are for the future, how they hope to accomplish those plans and how much they expect those plans to cost them. Other wise it is going to be very difficult to overcome this big black cloud that is following them around.
    There's no way that they can turn the clock back and pretend the last 6 months never happened.

They have lost large numbers of their best talent (including key TAT and BB10 staff) and have caused permanent damage to partner and supplier relationships.

Have they gone back on the threat to fire 4500 staff? I've not seen a reversal on this yet.

I'm sure the new investors have some sort of vision of the future but it cant be based on a range of handsets that failed to sell and would be impossible to re-launch.
    richardat likes this.
    11-04-13 02:59 PM
    2. He is quoted today as assuring BlackBerry is not ready to abandon hardware business. He said that the ingredients are there for success and he's done it before essentially. So, if they were on a split in pieces track, why wouldn't he avoid taking about hardware now seeing as he'd soon kill it? No one wants the hardware business. The fact that he's assuring folks on it tells me he wants BlackBerry intact for now at least.

I think the obvious answer is because if there was an option to sell that piece off, you want it to appear as appetizing as possible.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    cgk likes this.
    11-04-13 03:07 PM
    I'm happy that Thor is gone: what he did to loyal BlackBerry customers re: the total abandonment of the PlayBook was a nuclear bomb incompetence: the fact that BB10 could not be brought over to the PlayBook completely notwithstanding, you don't throw your best most loyal customers under a bus to save a couple million dollars: it was the absolute final proof that he was unfit to lead any company if his ONLY concern is the bottom line and didn't give anything like a reasonable thought to customer loyalty and rewarding same. Since then, it's been really hard for me, a hugely loyal BlackBerry technology fan and customer, to share my enthusiasm about BB10 with friends, because I'd be left holding the bag if that ***** did something else egregiously offensive to the customer base.

But now he is gone and I am very pleased. John Chen has a 'proven' track record for turning around Sybase... let's hope he can bring some valuable insights to BlackBerry. I hope that "not pooping on your best customers" is one of them.
    11-04-13 03:10 PM
    This was the firesale and it failed.

True believers: great news indeed? Hot diggity? Things are WORSE than RICHARDAT thought. If that doesn't scare you nothing will! Lol

That's all I have to say about that right now- time to eat a box o chocolates -this is just brutal to watch.
    m1a1mg and JeepBB like this.
    11-04-13 03:31 PM
    But now he is gone and I am very pleased. John Chen has a 'proven' track record for turning around Sybase...
    He's just a better connected sales agent, nothing more. He's not hired to turn the company around but to make it as appealing to the buyers that's supposedly on his Rolodex.
    11-04-13 03:31 PM
    There's no positive spin to this. Even Prem Watsa, "the Warren Buffett of Canada," couldn't convince extremely rich people with money to burn to invest in this turkey of a company.

The stock has dropped 16% today. It's not going to come back up to $8.00, ever.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-04-13 03:33 PM
    Snip...
    Might be best to stop hanging on every word uttered by the new CEO.
    Crackberrians were hanging on to every word of Jim and Mike. "Amateur hour is over"
    Webos fans were hanging on every word of Leo. "It's a marathon not a race"
    Crackberrians were hanging on every word of Thor. "Nothing wrong with the company as exist right now."
    Wonder if feels that way now.
    Summation: Don't listen to the mouthpiece, watch the results.
    11-04-13 03:35 PM
    What I am wondering, is that if the stock price drops even more, will someone else come in and make a ridiculously low bid.
    11-04-13 03:45 PM
    Might be best to stop hanging on every word uttered by the new CEO.
    Crackberrians were hanging on to every word of Jim and Mike. "Amateur hour is over"
    Webos fans were hanging on every word of Leo. "It's a marathon not a race"
    Crackberrians were hanging on every word of Thor. "Nothing wrong with the company as exist right now."
    Wonder if feels that way now.
    Summation: Don't listen to the mouthpiece, watch the results.
    It's the cb way. In Jim / mike / Thor / John / guy id never heard of until 2 min ago .... WE TRUST!

In fact we shall expand and project their political speak into magical worlds of fantasy of our choosing!
    mikeo007, JeepBB and Rickroller like this.
    11-04-13 03:46 PM
    What I am wondering, is that if the stock price drops even more, will someone else come in and make a ridiculously low bid.
    Possible. Fact is we haven't seen the true value. 9 was too high. It is lookin increasingly like there may be "no" value for anyone... Not worth the trouble to buy! It may end up going for peanuts.

Hard to say.
    11-04-13 03:49 PM
    Expect this thread to be attacked by a negative crew!

Posted via CB10
    a little late with that prophecy

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 03:52 PM
    I wonder whether he collected his US55 million exit package on the way out the door?
    11-04-13 03:53 PM
    Not sure how te react to this news ??? This means they will continue to bleed money and loose everything or they will get a CEO which US consumers adore and they will start selling the phones finally. I just love my Q10 and hope they will succeed.

Join my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    At this point BlackBerry needs to appeal to its enterprise clients more than the fickle consumers. Without the enterprise clients the company won't survive much less be able to compete against others in the mobile device management space.
    11-04-13 03:56 PM
    I believe the board had made a wise decision finally, which may not be too late. Heins should have been kicked out long ago.
    The Board of Directors should have been removed as well in my opinion.
    11-04-13 03:58 PM
239 ... 45678 ...