11-11-13 11:43 AM
239 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I don't agree with your take on the situation. The Z 10 is a great device that was to late to market and not marketed effectively. The company still has a good base of customers and some cash. The cash is surely going fast. Blackberry can and will survive. As far as Heins is concerned, well I won't go there.
    You could market the heck out of the Z and it wouldn't make a massive difference since feature wise it's still way short of everything else available.

Keep in mind they can't market sideloading.
    Without sideloaded apps there's zero reason to get a Z over the competition, except maybe cos it's cheaper when firesaled.

Posted via CB10
    Rob1, NYC10065, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    11-04-13 11:31 AM
    I don't agree with your take on the situation. The Z 10 is a great device that was to late to market and not marketed effectively. The company still has a good base of customers and some cash. The cash is surely going fast. Blackberry can and will survive. As far as Heins is concerned, well I won't go there.
    Too bad the only ones who think bb10 is good are the few that bought them. And you all see how influential you have been at keeping Blackberry humming right along.
    11-04-13 11:32 AM
    I guess Thor doesn't get that parachute now.
    why?
    11-04-13 11:34 AM
    Too bad the only ones who think bb10 is good are the few that bought them. And you all see how influential you have been at keeping Blackberry humming right along.
    Your name surely represents your goal in the forums, wish the mods will stop you before u post more with your "2 posts"
    howards likes this.
    11-04-13 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry-Fairfax deal dies; Thorsten Heins out-cb17_oct28_2013-cover.jpg

I think Prema Watsa is in the stock from 50 dollars - just trying to get his money back - got mad the previous ceos for fooling him
    11-04-13 11:35 AM
    "An alternative deal was floated by BlackBerry co-founders Mike Lazaridis and Doug Fregin, who together own 8% of BlackBerry shares and were aiming to partner with Qualcomm Inc.and Cerberus Capital Management LP, The Wall Street Journal previously reported. The Lazaridis group was interested until the end but didn't put in a firm offer or a price because it wanted more due diligence, according to people familiar with the matter." -Wall Street Journal. Just in case anyone was curious about Lazaridis.
    11-04-13 11:36 AM
    John Chen has ties to the Chinese market, this could mean that a sale to a Chinese company can still take place.
    11-04-13 11:38 AM
    Exploring the sale of the company was only one of the options they were looking at. However it was also the only one that grabbed headlines so any other options, such as strategic partnerships, never even got mentioned by the press.

Posted via CB10
    IMO, that's because there was nothing to write about. There was at least a chance that this (supposedly undervalued) company could have been bought by someone. I think there is virtually no chance in their current state of forming a partnership with someone like a hardware manufacturer. Why would anyone take all of that risk to build and deploy devices based on such poor consumer sentiment?

Now if we're talking about partnerships for other parts of BB's business, there's a possibility for something to happen there. But they're got to cut off their necrotized hardware division, lest it continue to drain the coffers dry.
    JasW, richardat and JeepBB like this.
    11-04-13 11:43 AM
    Your name surely represents your goal in the forums, wish the mods will stop you before u post more with your "2 posts"
    I mean he could get his post up by posting useless stuff like you all day. Example being this post. It's cool you were able to get your post count by skipping "post number 2". All the rest of us had to go in order. How about just debate his stance instead of relying on your post count to somehow dictate you're right
    11-04-13 11:56 AM
    I mean he could get his post up by posting useless stuff like you all day. Example being this post. It's cool you were able to get your post count by skipping "post number 2". All the rest of us had to go in order. How about just debate his stance instead of relying on your post count to somehow dictate you're right
    Harsh, but sorta fair. The guy had a point, the many bb10 satisfied customers haven't done much for the numbers. Jes just ignored that potential discussion.

Posted via CB10
    chr1sny likes this.
    11-04-13 11:58 AM
    Lots of questions about Prem Watsa , this manipulation of BlackBerry should be questioned. Did he make an offer in good faith 6 weeks ago? Now he is still installing himself into the company, while removing it from being for sale. Desperate moves to salvage his investment.

Look for a short attempt to right the ship, before the parts sell off starts. Watsa is not even close to a Warren Buffet. BB stock should sink today along with Fairfax.

Posted via CB10
    He was previously on the BOD, and he's been called the "Canadian Warren Buffet". If you still have questions, click here.
    11-04-13 12:02 PM
    My useless posts huh? Lol nice.

Maybe I should take a break, so it won't seem as I'm trying to get my post count up.

Sorry for the useless comments guys, it was off topic.

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-04-13 12:02 PM
    Well either way they are looking for a new CEO. Which is amazing news to us users. Not going private ftw for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:04 PM
    Heins is a loser. He has failed BlackBerry. And he had failed Canada.
    Why don't you start one of those online petitions, see if you can get the Canadian government to revoke the Canadian citizenship he just got earlier this year. That will show him.

Well either way they are looking for a new CEO. Which is amazing news to us users. Not going private ftw for now.
    Which means the results from the current quarter that ends on November 30 won't be private either. I would bet they also won't be pretty.
    Rickroller and JeepBB like this.
    11-04-13 12:20 PM
    This is a good news!
    Heins never impressed me from the beginning. Now, I have no particular bases to say that, but he never impressed me as someone who could make a turn around of the company.
    I also thought that he was the one, who insisted on just proceeding with the brand new platform, dropping everything else, with the misunderstanding that the demise of BBRY was because they did not do what Apple did.
    I know very little about John Chen, but reading some articles and watching the video clips that the CB provided, it was obvious that he has far far broader business exposures than Heins & Co. to enable him making more informed decisions.
    Heins OTOH was someone who has been sitting in the comfy bubble of RIM for too long, and had no ability to go out of box.

And John Chen is indeed a turn-around artist and have a depth of knowledge and experience in mobile scene, particularly in the enterprise market, complete with very tight industry connections. I am sure he was lured by some big chunk of money, but for him to make a decision to put himself in this mess might be an indication that he may have a plan and is confident in transforming it into a tangible result.

This is so much better outcome than attempting to hide behind the wall to avoid the criticism, although somewhat preicted. This sounds like a plan to confront the challenge squarely (additional fund raising will certainly help them buying more time, and probably the condition John Chen imposed), rather than escaping from the reality and the difficulties.

Now, I can wait with a bit more hope and confidence.

In the meantime, where is my "Super Bold", or the "Bold/Q10 Hybrid"?
    John, please....... LOL
    11-04-13 12:21 PM
    The interim CEO is a guy who specializes in re-marketing brands to other companies to piece off for sale. I think it's rather clear where BlackBerry is headed now. I predict that the company will split apart and use the $1 Billion to market pieces of the company to interested parties not as a whole.
    11-04-13 12:21 PM
    Look at this and tell me if you think he's here for a constructive discussion?

I hope your joking op. Its a dead bird. Tjeir devices are old when they are brand new. Their way of thinking is brutally wrong. Their whole atmosphere is a joke in Waterloo....

But if they keep making crappier crap...the faithful still have something to call shiny and new...in the old days it had to work to be xalled good. What changed? The swipe and flow....lol

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which part do you disagree with?
    In the old days stuff would be changed for the better. Now it's change for changes sake. Where are the little touches? The charger cradle points? The speaker placement?

Or maybe you disagree that the devices are old when new? Bear in mind these devices are used to sideload android apps, have inferior specs to android devices, and sell at a super premium price point.
    Which part do you disagree with specifically?

It's harsh, but surely he's got a point.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:38 PM
    next in line to get fired

- BB Link development team
    - Alicia Keys
    howards likes this.
    11-04-13 12:40 PM
    I wonder how much Chen's golden parachute is? Gotta be a lot to agree to take over this mess.
    richardat likes this.
    11-04-13 12:44 PM

- Alicia Keys
    You make a good point.
    Surely alicias job must be in jeopardy.
    Bet she's sitting herself wondering how she'll go on after all the blood sweat and tears she's poured into BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    trwrt, Cashgap and JeepBB like this.
    11-04-13 12:44 PM
    Blackberry Shares Crash on Word of Buyout Bid Failure - Arik Hesseldahl - News - AllThingsD

If the company value drops much more Blackberry will be essentially worthless.
    11-04-13 12:45 PM
    I am keen to know what came of the due diligence done by Fairfax on BlackBerry! Nothing being said. Suddenly the CEO is being replaced! Not that the CEO who has been replaced was perfect. But then a business which has cash in its coffers is taking more money in the form of debt, changing the person at the helm, remaining listed in public eye all this points to something that is more than what meets the eye.

Posted using my Q10
    11-04-13 12:52 PM

- Alicia Keys
    LOL.

I am going to miss our oh-so important "Creative Director"
    richardat likes this.
    11-04-13 12:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let the poster know what you feel is wrong. Don't throw post count numbers out their as if that determines who's right. And my personal opinion on this post I agree. I purchased my z10 at launch and I feel it at best is an average phone. Blackberry as a company has turned into a company of excuses and let downs. At this point there is no way I would recommend anyone to buy a bb10 device. And the pricing of the z30 makes it even more of a joke. Now this is my opinion and you might feel differently. Blackberry best move in the last 2 years has been bbm cross platform. And that can be arguably a bigger move for apple and androids than it ends up for BlackBerry in the long run.
    JeepBB and solitude1984 like this.
    11-04-13 01:28 PM
239 ... 34567 ...