11-11-13 11:43 AM
239 ... 8910
tools
    Not good. Stupid BB BOD doesn't get it! This Corporate Jet thingy attracts massive criticism! They gotta hire a guy who requires a Jet? Bad sign guys! The arrogance continues! Obviously, we are NOT in this together. It us, the elite, then there's you, the disposable. See what the last guy did with the jet, sank the company.

Blackberry is ****ed!

I bet it's a daily commute too.
    I'll bet my house it's a daily commute.

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    11-05-13 08:35 PM
    He will get one of these and the bonus. The new guy gets to commute in one, I thought it was a joke. Yes it's true!

The new guy will commute from his home in California in a Private ,18 passenger, Luxury Jet.

Blackberry goes from stupid to ******* stupid every day.

He would get $22 million though. A silver parachute.
    BlackBerry-Fairfax deal dies; Thorsten Heins out-image.jpg
    11-05-13 09:03 PM
    He will get one of these and the bonus. The new guy gets to commute in one, I thought it was a joke. Yes it's true!

The new guy will commute from his home in California in a Private ,18 passenger, Luxury Jet.

Blackberry goes from stupid to ******* stupid every day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	217749

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    11-05-13 09:53 PM
    I wasn't joking.
    If Chen wants us to believe he's loyal to BlackBerry, he ought to move to Waterloo.
    Did he say something that suggested he wants us to believe he's loyal to Blackberry? I've heard nothing even remotely resembling that. All I've heard is what you'd expect out of a guy in his position - the standard stuff that he's supposed to say.

This is not a condemnation of the guy - by all accounts he's a good manager and has as much of a hope of instilling some discipline and direction as anyone else. Let's remember, he's interim and his job is technically to find the right guy for the job 'long term', to whatever extent that time frame can be said to be relevant for BBRY.
    11-05-13 10:13 PM
    Absolutely ridiculous. Obviously this is all part of his package. I can only imagine how much of a payout he gets once he finds a CEO
    That's Prem Watsa giving away the farm to friends because he will have BB pigs (assets) to sell off at the slaughterhouse when the comeback doesn't work out.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:02 AM
    Wow, John Chen gets to commute to/from Waterloo via private jet. So that's what the 1 billion dollars is paying for

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    Why doesn't he teleconference using BBM video? .... oh he won't have that yet on his Samsung! How about Skype, doesn't he want to use BlackBerry' s ported beta version?

But at least we know he won't get lost when driving his BB paid rental car from the airport to the BlackBerry Offices, with the city guide for Waterloo from BB World!

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-06-13 01:16 AM
    Heins was on $10m a year. Catch a friggin commercial plane, Chen.
    11-06-13 02:34 AM
    When richardat refers to himself in the first person...things just got real.
    Ah, you are wise my friend, but fortunately for all, that wasn't the maniacal-now-I'm-just-going-to-say-it Richardat reference. It was just a I'll use my name to emphasize it, self-reference.

Still....when the snows fall....look out.....your "shinning" won't save you then. Urge to kill... fading... fading... fading - rising!
    11-06-13 03:29 AM
    Honestly I was tired of Thorsten's false promises and omission of tablets. Chen's background is very interesting and he has been in this kind of situation before. He should have become CEO like 2 years ago. Prem seems to be a smart guy and knows how to take out the money he has put in. Let's see.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    11-06-13 04:27 AM
    First of all a new Ceo will take weeks and weeks so I think weeks ago they allready decided to make this move. Blackberry speaks to a lot of business partners and prospected business partners like qualcomm, facebook etc. and fairfax prob working together with other partners to make that deal. So 1B in cash is nice but sales are like 2009/2010 so it's not that bad but these days you see that the market of smartphone's is much bigger and that is a lose. Follow samsung.iphone with one cheap phone with OS10.
    11-06-13 06:50 AM
    Heins was on $10m a year. Catch a friggin commercial plane, Chen.
    Keep in mind, he may have 20 to 30 weeks to save the investors.

We're griping that he'll get an extra DAY (or more) to work each week by having a jet run on his schedule rather than commercial airline, at a cost of MAYBE $20k per week more than commercial?

Chump change. If the guy is the guy, he's worth $200k per day. If he's not the guy, then he's not the guy. If the job is undoable, then it doesn't matter either way.
    m1a1mg, mover23, mset and 1 others like this.
    11-06-13 08:46 AM
    Used to like... but after omitting tablets he must be kidding.

Well this is surprising. Why does everyone have their pitchforks out, I thought BlackBerry fans liked Thorsten Heins...
    11-06-13 10:15 PM
    That exact sentiment was used when TH got the job.

Sadly, BBRY doesn't have that long.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I tend to skew a bit on positive side. All that is required is one really good fit and generally accepted product to put BlackBerry from a state of being in wheelchair to start walking with "walker"! Apple did the same. They brought one very good product and then crept back to position one. But can Chen do it? If yes what does he need to do? Recruiting people with expertise in various areas is a good start but not enough. Concept, incubation and prototyping require strategic thinking and decision making right at the top. He doesn't have time for that. Yes here I agree with the statement that BlackBerry doesn't have "forever to think"!

Posted using my Q10
    11-08-13 08:11 PM
    Honestly, while I don't have any inside information, the rumors I have heard lead me to think that BlackBerry has some good ideas in the pipeline with respect to R&D.
    I think they got derailed by really poor handling of public relations when they started shopping for a buyer or strategic partner, combined with the inevitable lack of apps
    that any new OS would have, and ultimately combined with Apple, Google, and Microsoft all piling on with their surrogates with a marketing campaign designed to make
    everyone believe that BlackBerry's death was inevitable. After all, BlackBerry STILL has footholds in markets that they would like to have, and still has the potential (as you said)
    to eat back into their market shares.

I tend to skew a bit on positive side. All that is required is one really good fit and generally accepted product to put BlackBerry from a state of being in wheelchair to start walking with "walker"! Apple did the same. They brought one very good product and then crept back to position one. But can Chen do it? If yes what does he need to do? Recruiting people with expertise in various areas is a good start but not enough. Concept, incubation and prototyping require strategic thinking and decision making right at the top. He doesn't have time for that. Yes here I agree with the statement that BlackBerry doesn't have "forever to think"!

Posted using my Q10
    11-11-13 11:43 AM
239 ... 8910