06-18-14 10:54 PM
132 ... 3456
tools
    Where is he getting 70 million users to begin with?

I taught that was where they were last year, and at the time they were in a noise dive as they were losing subscribers much faster than BBOS devices were selling. Being that BBOS sales have continued to crumble each quarter and BB10 has never gone anywhere.... I think it would be very interesting to know what the install base or subscriber base is for BlackBerry these days.
    Yup. If the total active userbase had indeed increased, they would have announced it.
    techvisor and Unbiased Tech like this.
    04-07-14 03:59 PM
    exactly... the media is being fed with inaccurate statements about blackberry. There are more than 70 million blackberry users world wide. And with Z3 there are going to be 100 million by q1 next year. We should boycott all inaccurate reports about Blackberry
    No offense...and I really mean that, but there is Sooooooooooooooooooooo much wrong with this post that I have to ask if u really know what u are talking about? Not even trying to be rude...its a legit question. Where are u getting ANY of them numbers from

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 04:24 PM
    Blackberry is awesome. it has the best OS. It has more apps than android. It is used in nuclear reactors. All this drop in market share points to an American conspiracy. Just saying...
    I thought you were trolling, but from this and subsequent post you have some major blinders on. Hope this isn't what 'True Believers' think.
    techvisor and Moonbase0ne like this.
    04-07-14 04:32 PM
    No offense...and I really mean that, but there is Sooooooooooooooooooooo much wrong with this post that I have to ask if u really know what u are talking about? Not even trying to be rude...its a legit question. Where are u getting ANY of them numbers from

Posted via CB10
    It should be about 50 Million "owners" of active BlackBerry devices today, it they are lucky (and still in the hardware business) they will sell 15 Million BBOS & BB10 Devices in the next year, so with continued attrition, I wold guesstimate that in a years time we will be around 35 Million active BlackBerry devices. Of those MAYBE 4 Million of them will be Z3.

Sure we can all hope that the Z3 will sell 20 million devices and take another sip of that "black" Kool-Aid....

FYI I made all my number up too!
    Rello and techvisor like this.
    04-07-14 04:37 PM
    Blackberry is awesome. it has the best OS. It has more apps than android. It is used in nuclear reactors. All this drop in market share points to an American conspiracy. Just saying...
    Hilariously funny.
    04-07-14 04:40 PM
    It should be about 50 Million "owners" of active BlackBerry devices today, it they are lucky (and still in the hardware business) they will sell 15 Million BBOS & BB10 Devices in the next year, so with continued attrition, I wold guesstimate that in a years time we will be around 35 Million active BlackBerry devices. Of those MAYBE 4 Million of them will be Z3.

Sure we can all hope that the Z3 will sell 20 million devices and take another sip of that "black" Kool-Aid....

FYI I made all my number up too!
    Dude even with the best batch of Kool Aid I could ever possibly make, I don't think I could ever make it good enough that I'd believe BlackBerry is going to sell 20+ million Z3's. Lmao I'm laughing even typing that. With statements like that, people aint drinking Kool Aid any longer....its past "black" Kool Aid ....they simply eating sugar haha

I agree with everything u said though seriously though. If they still had 70 million BlackBerry users, they wouldn't be afraid to announce it. I'd be thoroughly surprised if they still had 50 million BlackBerry users lol

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 04:52 PM
    No they are all splintered factions of Android. We all have a choice which Android phone we buy and that particular Android mobile manufacturer still needs to entice consumers to buy their product over their Android competitors. Just because it is the same Android runtime they use is irrelevant

As long as BlackBerry can remain profitable as a company, retain and gain more customers is all that really matters here.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. They're all building from Google source. They have different launchers and frameworks but it's all the same android. Sorry.
    04-07-14 05:27 PM
    As long as BlackBerry can remain profitable as a company, retain and gain more customers is all that really matters here.
    And therein lies the problem.They haven't retained and gained in quite some time now. Nor have they been profitable in some time. You're using the terms "remain" and "retain" when in all actuality, what BB needs to do is "regain".
    techvisor likes this.
    04-07-14 06:08 PM
    And therein lies the problem.They haven't retained and gained in quite some time now. Nor have they been profitable in some time. You're using the terms "remain" and "retain" when in all actuality, what BB needs to do is "regain".
    You're completely right, but just pointing out from your quote of other member that I think he meant the same thing. I believe he meant it was a goal for them to achieve to "remain profitable as a company, retain and gain more customers" not the current state of affairs.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-07-14 06:19 PM
    Nope. They're all building from Google source. They have different launchers and frameworks but it's all the same android. Sorry.
    Nope, they're all competitors. Google is not their parent company. Sorry but they have to fend for themselves like all the rest.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:59 PM
    Nope, they're all competitors. Google is not their parent company. Sorry but they have to fend for themselves like all the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Their self-interest furthers Android at the expense of other ecosystems in case BB. Said it several times in this thread. Does Chen care if Samsung goes down a few percentage and HTC/LG/Moto goes up? Nope, if Android as a whole is pulling subscribers from BB quarter after quarter that makes the chance that Chen expends alot of resources reviving the handset business go down.
    04-07-14 07:29 PM
    Dude even with the best batch of Kool Aid I could ever possibly make, I don't think I could ever make it good enough that I'd believe BlackBerry is going to sell 20+ million Z3's. Lmao I'm laughing even typing that. With statements like that, people aint drinking Kool Aid any longer....its past "black" Kool Aid ....they simply eating sugar haha

I agree with everything u said though seriously though. If they still had 70 million BlackBerry users, they wouldn't be afraid to announce it. I'd be thoroughly surprised if they still had 50 million BlackBerry users lol

Posted via CB10
    Man it would be nice if BlackBerry could sell 20 million Z3s. In the good old days when BBM was king in Asia that would have been possible. Boy how those competitive advantages have disappeared.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:09 PM
    What's funny about this whole discussion is that it continues to focus on BlackBerry's share in the mobile market exclusively at the expense of its other divisions. What's Samsung's share in the refrigerator market? Apple's share of the desktop market? Or Windows' share of mobile while we're at it (next to Android and iOS).

Under Chen, BlackBerry has begun firing on four fronts: mobile, messaging, qnx and enterprise. Obviously the company is at a low point as Chen (and Heins before him) projected. For the foreseeable future mobile device sales are going to be the worst performer, obviously.

Duh.

What's far more interesting (to me) is what happens a few months down the road after BES12, BES 10 in the cloud, the Z3 and BlackBerry Classic are released. If there's no movement on those fronts then we can begin the death watch.

Until then, this is a circle jerk.
    lynxs_claw and eldricho like this.
    04-07-14 08:10 PM
    Just seen an interesting survey on twitter - only 30% of current bbry users between 19-30 in Canada plan to get another one.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    04-09-14 04:33 PM
    Just seen an interesting survey on twitter - only 30% of current bbry users between 19-30 in Canada plan to get another one.

Link? This definitely doesn't sound good
    That's definitely a lot less subscribers for the future

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 04:38 PM
    Link? This definitely doesn't sound good
    That's definitely a lot less subscribers for the future

Posted via CB10
    https://twitter.com/jedschneiderman/...89514986270722

eldricho likes this.
    04-09-14 04:41 PM
    Surprised it's that high, actually.
    04-09-14 05:09 PM
    Can you name for me the app that is exclusive to BlackBerry that I would want to run on an Android phone if it could run BlackBerry apps?

As for the rest I am sure the native Android apps work just fine on his Android. Sure he'd miss out on all those keen travelogues by S4BB though.

I think I would rather have GPS than S4BB if we are speaking of what's missing.
    "ThatsApp" is called the HUB, and it rocks. Yeah, can't even download it, because it is built in...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 05:36 PM
    YAY! We're not the worst! We're not the worst! YAY BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:37 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry Hub is great!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:37 PM
    My Q10 has lost it's ability to forward voicemail via an email attachment. This is something my 9900 and pre updated Q10 had no problems in doing. Continued stunts like this will insure Blackberry continues to loose market share.
    04-09-14 05:38 PM

Very few BB owners between 19 & 30 anyway.
    richardat likes this.
    04-09-14 06:51 PM
    I don't know why this thread is so shocking. 15% market share is much better than I thought they were doing. Aren't they practically 0% in the states and maybe 2 or 3% worldwide? To have a G7/G8 country, a legit top 10 GDP country in the world still have such a large number of Blackberry users is pretty good.

No, I don't have blinders on, and I realize BB is in a pretty dire situation and losing 5% is a pretty steep number. However, this clearly goes to show that home field advantage is still there, and 1 in 6 or 7 smartphone users use a Blackberry here in Canada based on statistics. I think if you tell this to anyone else in the world they would be astonished at how well BB is doing here.

You know what else is shocking? 10% of tablet users in Canada are still using the Playbook of all things. That's almost ridiculous to rationalize as a long-dead product, yet I actually see people using it from time to time here. Canada is still Blackberry's home turf, even if they have been beaten bruised and bloody on it. "0%" isn't even a blip on the radar; 15% is more than a pulse. Add to the fact that I see people using Blackberries here from time to time, whereas in the States I have NEVER seen anyone use it outside of House of Cards, and you have a relatively supportive country. Canada has given it all the backing it can IMO and it's really up to BB to deliver the rest.
    04-10-14 01:56 AM
    However, this clearly goes to show that home field advantage is still there, and 1 in 6 or 7 smartphone users use a Blackberry here in Canada based on statistics.
    That's really a stretch. Unless it includes legacy, corporate and PlayBook users.
    04-10-14 09:23 AM
    By "stop the bleeding" I mean help keep existing customers, not attract new ones. Although if it brings customers back who left because of the tool belt missing from the Q10 that would be nice, too!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via Tapatalk
    I have not thought about the "missing" hardware buttons nor trackpad on my BlackBerry 10 smartphone since February 2013 when I bought a BlackBerry Z10 and a BlackBerry Q5 barely six months later.
    04-13-14 03:32 PM
132 ... 3456