06-18-14 10:54 PM
132 12345 ...
tools
    Isn't ios only 17% in Germany last year? So?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 03:08 PM
    Unix owns 99% of PC market share...
    Post your counter claim or retract your statement so as to make the internet a safer place.
    BlackBerry drops to 15% market share in Canada-pc-marketshare-os.png
    techvisor likes this.
    04-06-14 04:21 PM
    Isn't ios only 17% in Germany last year? So?

Posted via CB10
    Germany is not iOS home country. So?
    04-06-14 04:28 PM
    Post your counter claim or retract your statement so as to make the internet a safer place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC Marketshare by OS.PNG 
Views:	551 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	261170
    I was more referring to mobile and making fun of the android argument on its market share.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-06-14 04:32 PM
    That, plus the 15% in Canada figure (if accurate) is a significant drop from where it once was. I don't know the historical numbers for iOS in Germany, but I doubt Apple ever held marketshare there that is at all similar to what BBRY once held in Canada.
    04-06-14 04:35 PM
    There's a new BlackBerry phone out in a few days! You sure you haven't been sticking your head in the sand?!

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    No new phone for Canada.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-06-14 04:44 PM
    Wake up BlackBerry !!!!
    When everyday is a challenge to keep up with the competition, it is time to stop and pretend.

The days of old when Blackberry offered what was better are gone.

Now it's in the court of what is most popular and both apple and google are just that.

A year ago, I was one of the few who purchased the Z10 on February 6th in Canada.

No line ups, no fuss and a very bemused look on the Virgin Mobile sales rep.

I never would have thought that a year later, especially with the Z30, that BlackBerry would still be in the negative.

Hell, even with BlackBerry's logo and name on a Mercedes F1 car this morning, I thought what the heck is happening !!!!!

People don't care for BlackBerry and rightfully so.

No games, no apps, no entertainment none that apple and google offer better.

The mass does not care for security or productivity.

They need an opiate and again apple and google deliver.

So stop reporting about market and shares because it will not get better for BlackBerry, even with newer phones.

The mass is addicted to another drug and their supply is unlimited.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and shief24 like this.
    04-06-14 05:30 PM
    Ok but when we talk about money... and companies... comparing market share..... compare Samsung ffs..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141

If we talk about fiscal position bb is also in terrible and ever worsening shape - moreover ment is absolutely correct, this is a a platform comparison , and bb, and anyone interested in its position should be primarily concerned with that. To not realize the primary importance of platform is to completely misunderstand the smartpghone market. Further, in that regard a differentiation between os7 and bb10 is vital.
    Alain_A and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 05:35 PM

The mass does not care for security or productivity.
    Incorrect. In fact, it's the functionality piece BB10 struggles with.

IMHO, of course.
    Alain_A and bbq10l like this.
    04-06-14 05:48 PM
    it does not matter what market share BlackBerry has. As long as we like our phone and continue to use it, and it remains useful to us.

Let those who have BlackBerry shares worry about market share.
    04-06-14 06:18 PM
    what IMHO mean? I see that a lot but can't figure it out
    04-06-14 06:18 PM
    what IMHO mean? I see that a lot but can't figure it out
    "In my humble opinion"
    Alain_A likes this.
    04-06-14 06:19 PM
    "In my humble opinion"
    Damn I thought it was in my honest opinion.
    eldricho likes this.
    04-06-14 07:07 PM
    it does not matter what market share BlackBerry has. As long as we like our phone and continue to use it, and it remains useful to us.

Let those who have BlackBerry shares worry about market share.
    Don't stick your head in the sand. If sales keep dropping your current BlackBerry will be your last and the platform will disappear.

It is vital that BlackBerry stabilize handset sales and become profitable again.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 07:20 PM
    You mean design in CA USA really helped market share in south of boarder? I see (I thought was the superior tech that counts).

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:31 PM
    You mean design in CA USA really helped market share in south of boarder? I see (I thought was the superior tech that counts).

Posted via CB10
    You're really all over the globe.

This thread is about Canadain Blackberry market share, not about Apple marketshare south of the border.

It's apparent you have some bone to pick with Apple.

My sincere sympathy.
    kbz1960 and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 08:59 PM
    I'm surprised that the market share is as high as 15% giving the latest quarter sales numbers.
    It would be more interesting to know the install base.
    04-07-14 12:11 AM
    I'm waiting for the full page ad in the New York or LA Times that says, "Are you frightened to drive a GM (General Motors) vehicle" you know with all the recalls for safety violations that they're facing.. you remember when they published .. "Are you embarrassed to have a BlackBerry".. what do ya think?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-07-14 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    04-07-14 12:49 AM
    I'm waiting for the full page ad in the New York or LA Times that says, "Are you frightened to drive a GM (General Motors) vehicle" you know with all the recalls for safety violations that they're facing.. you remember when they published .. "Are you embarrassed to have a BlackBerry".. what do ya think?
    Well an ad has an advertiser, so if an advertiser wants to ask the GM question you reference, then they certainly can. As for the "ad" in question, no, I don't remember it. Feel free to provide a link.
    04-07-14 01:05 AM
    android is comprised of dozens of manufacturers and they don't share the same pool of cash..... how can we compare this to Apple and BlackBerry

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    People love to say this. But we only need one android runtime. We don't need a Samsung and HTC and Motorola runtime. We need an android runtime because they're all essentially the same platform. It matters not what device those people use, a good part of them use to use BlackBerry devices. The switch is all that matters.
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-07-14 01:16 AM
    You're really all over the globe.

This thread is about Canadain Blackberry market share, not about Apple marketshare south of the border.

It's apparent you have some bone to pick with Apple.

My sincere sympathy.
    No! I actually like fruit, I love to see best tech progress. I put my money where it needs to promote it. I am the owner of few of their stock since 1995. Picked bones at time. No meat. What do you do for the hi tech? You don't have to answer me. It is over and beyond the globe I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:10 AM
    Well an ad has an advertiser, so if an advertiser wants to ask the GM question you reference, then they certainly can. As for the "ad" in question, no, I don't remember it. Feel free to provide a link.
    Ahh.. how soon we forget..

My point is, the American Media would never put so blatant a "personal" attack on one of their own no matter how bad their situation is.

The major safety recalls for GM (and this recall is probably the largest recall ever made for an automaker in history - due to their own blind greed) are happening and very public; but there are no publicise personal vendettas or attacks against them.

Outside the States, it seems fair game especially with BlackBerry (the US media also had a pretty good go with the Toyota recalls that conveniently coincided with the announcement that Toyota exceeded the global market share relative to all automakers including the US Big 3).

BTW, it's really not hard to find a link related to the article from the New York Times.. a few choice words in Google yield you many results (ie. New York Times, embarrassing, BlackBerry) . Here's an example of one.. and all sources lead right back to the New York Times' pathetic, immature article..

http://hiphopwired.com/2012/10/18/te...-embarrassing/

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:12 AM
    People love to say this. But we only need one android runtime. We don't need a Samsung and HTC and Motorola runtime. We need an android runtime because they're all essentially the same platform. It matters not what device those people use, a good part of them use to use BlackBerry devices. The switch is all that matters.
    No they are all splintered factions of Android. We all have a choice which Android phone we buy and that particular Android mobile manufacturer still needs to entice consumers to buy their product over their Android competitors. Just because it is the same Android runtime they use is irrelevant

As long as BlackBerry can remain profitable as a company, retain and gain more customers is all that really matters here.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:22 AM
    it doesn't matter if it (blackberry) has more app..I remember when I first use my Z10, it had a big learning curve to it. So how many people ready for that?
    I owned the Note 3 for awhile and it was easier to work with that phone, things got done faster. Same with the WPhone.

People wants phone that are easy to learn or work with.
    Not buying it dude. It is different than BlackBerry OS for sure and different from the other platforms, but I don't believe for a second that it's difficult to learn vs. Different from what else is out there.

I watched my mom (the least technical person ever) pick it up without any issues. She'd never had a smartphone or cell and had no problem. My two year old cousin plays on its predecessor the PlayBook Without issue.

The way you tell the story, you make it sound like it's a Linux command line interface or something

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:51 AM
    ibb was late getting into the touch devive market
    Revisionist history. See Storm 2008, Storm 2, curve 9380, torch 9850, PlayBook, PlayBook LTE as well as all the devices that had touch and keys.

You could make a legit claim that they didn't execute well but late? Not really

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-07-14 06:54 AM
132 12345 ...