06-18-14 10:54 PM
132 1234 ...
tools
    i bet samsung has a bigger market share than bb in canada. if i was to guess id say about 40 percent. total guess tho based on what ive seen out there. bb was late getting into the touch devive market and when they did they lost there mind and forgot all about their loyal button phone users now there going back to take care of them with q20

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using cb app
    04-06-14 04:21 AM
    Android is WINDOWS of the Phone market, BlackBerry, Tizen, Apple, they can only look as Droid takes 90% of the future market with thier open source virus ridden os.
    Folks!!! You just don't get it, the average consumer which is 99% of the market doesn't care about whether it's open source, security and so on.

As long as the device supply's their email, social media, messaging and is valued added, they will live with the rest of the other shortcomings, period.

Sent using CB Forum App
    04-06-14 05:30 AM
    <---- Proud to be part of the "15%"

I'd still be just as proud of a BB owner, when the market share is 0.1%

Could care less about the "market share". Just what works best for "me".
    04-06-14 07:07 AM
    <---- Proud to be part of the "15%"

I'd still be just as proud of a BB owner, when the market share is 0.1%

Could care less about the "market share". Just what works best for "me".
    I understand it's great to be proud of the device you use and to be a loyal Blackberry user so on, but in the business world, no marketshare means no revenue and your dead, period.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 07:38 AM
    Android is WINDOWS of the Phone market, BlackBerry, Tizen, Apple, they can only look as Droid takes 90% of the future market with thier open source virus ridden os.
    The open source nature of Google Android is the kernel and a few utilities. The essence of Google Android is proprietary and not open source. Claiming the OS is virus ridden because it is open source is a false and invalid argument. Take a course in logic,

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    Shuswap, 3Dee, shief24 and 1 others like this.
    04-06-14 08:13 AM
    Q20 is to bring the track pad people not to get new customers. If anything its the Z3 that can stop the bleeding.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    By "stop the bleeding" I mean help keep existing customers, not attract new ones. Although if it brings customers back who left because of the tool belt missing from the Q10 that would be nice, too!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via Tapatalk
    04-06-14 09:41 AM
    I understand it's great to be proud of the device you use and to be a loyal Blackberry user so on, but in the business world, no marketshare means no revenue and your dead, period.
    Why do you think BlackBerry is concentrating on software and services now, not hardware? Because there's more to the company than device sales. The strategy is clear for BlackBerry. It can't survive, at the moment, as a hardware only company. It needs to be more than that. In fact, if the strategy works BlackBerry may even get out of the device business. So what does market share mean then? Absolutely nothing. If the strategy works the company may survive without market share.
    04-06-14 10:06 AM
    15% is being generous indeed. I'm more surprised by Windows Phone's 2%. Guess that's what happens when you have scarce carrier support and no marketing. If BlackBerry borrows their formula they'll end up in a similar position.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-06-14 10:44 AM
    Q20 is to bring the track pad people not to get new customers. If anything its the Z3 that can stop the bleeding.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I don't understand how the Z3 does ANYTHING To improve BlackBerry marketshare.

It's not really cheap compared to where the cheap devices are now.

It doesn't have BIS, which was the drive force behind BBOS.

I many markets it is only going to match the clearance price of the Z10, which has not sold well.... but is a better device.

Officially it still doesn't have Apps

What will make it a game changer?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:32 AM
    Speaking of ecosystems...was chatting with colleague now on Android but formerly BlackBerry (playbook)... i counter his claim of the superior app ecosystem by stating BlackBerry now has MORE apps than Android. He looked puzzled...i said I can run basically any app in the google playstore.....and those on BlackBerry World. I asked him how many BlackBerry apps he could run on his phone.. he looked at the floor and quietly mumbled none.
    He bought the beers....

Flicked out via Zed10
    04-06-14 12:26 PM
    Speaking of ecosystems...was chatting with colleague now on Android but formerly BlackBerry (playbook)... i counter his claim of the superior app ecosystem by stating BlackBerry now has MORE apps than Android. He looked puzzled...i said I can run basically any app in the google playstore.....and those on BlackBerry World. I asked him how many BlackBerry apps he could run on his phone.. he looked at the floor and quietly mumbled none.
    He bought the beers....

Flicked out via Zed10
    Can you name for me the app that is exclusive to BlackBerry that I would want to run on an Android phone if it could run BlackBerry apps?

As for the rest I am sure the native Android apps work just fine on his Android. Sure he'd miss out on all those keen travelogues by S4BB though.

I think I would rather have GPS than S4BB if we are speaking of what's missing.
    Akuji_ism, shief24, machzk and 2 others like this.
    04-06-14 12:40 PM
    I really hope BlackBerry makes it. I hope they keep selling devices too. I love BBOS 10.2.X.XXXX and I really love their devices. I have 3 Z10's and I just bought a Q5 from the BlackBerry store. I have tried a few android devices (tablets and Phones). You have to jump through hoops and root the devices just to get all the useless Google crap to stop running and to get it off the devices. I would never want to be in a position where I had no other choice but to use an Android device. Reason I didn't mention Apple? WAY overpriced and I can't stand anything about that company or the sheeple that blindly keep buying their crappy products.
    04-06-14 12:43 PM
    15% is not bad all things being equal with BB's situation. It might go up this year with the new devices. If they were anywhere near 15% around the world (even 10%) they would have a thriving, sustainable handset business again.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:47 PM
    BlackBerry is as dead as the PlayBook, they are both on life support...its just a matter of time, market share means nothing over revenue, no BIS - no revenue, less BIS, less revenue.

How do you change a companies DNA with something less better productwi than before and expect sales and revenue and market share to go up ?

Storm test a minute ago: BIS speedtest 401ms ping 795.1kbps download 145.6kbps upload, more than acceptable.

If you want cross platform or remain BB hardware, tweak BB browser and BIS servers for better speeds & with BB10 devices, BIS being a optional extra. If Opera can do Maxi (Opera Beta on Android is AMAZINGLY fast), BB *cough cough* should be able to a faster browsing experience.
    04-06-14 12:54 PM
    Storm test a minute ago: BIS speedtest 401ms ping 795.1kbps download 145.6kbps upload, more than acceptable.
    0.8 Mbps?!?
    That's nowhere close to acceptable, let alone more than.

If you want cross platform or remain BB hardware, tweak BB browser and BIS servers for better speeds & with BB10 devices, BIS being a optional extra. If Opera can do Maxi (Opera Beta on Android is AMAZINGLY fast), BB *cough cough* should be able to a faster browsing experience.
    BlackBerry drops to 15% market share in Canada-img_00001624_batman_bis.png
    Attachment 261135
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-07-14 at 05:50 PM.
    kbz1960 and timberdc like this.
    04-06-14 01:19 PM
    15% is being generous indeed. I'm more surprised by Windows Phone's 2%. Guess that's what happens when you have scarce carrier support and no marketing. If BlackBerry borrows their formula they'll end up in a similar position.
    I don't know one person with a Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know one person with a BlackBerry 10 phone.
    milo53 and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 02:15 PM
    Android is not a company......

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    it is not, it is an OS . So is OS 10
    Last edited by Alain_A; 04-06-14 at 02:39 PM.
    Elite1, bekkay and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 02:27 PM
    I don't know one person with a BlackBerry 10 phone.
    You're not in Canada.

Me neither. Well I see "Sent from my Windows Phone" in email sig of one client.

I've even seen more BB10 in the wild than I have WP, which has been around longer obviously.
    04-06-14 02:42 PM
    I have the Lumia 625...
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-06-14 02:47 PM
    He bought the beers....

Oh wow...

I say you need to mention this marketing gem to BBRY. I wonder why BBRY doesn't note to the world that it has more apps than Android...
    bekkay, Drew808, richardat and 3 others like this.
    04-06-14 02:47 PM
    Can you name for me the app that is exclusive to BlackBerry that I would want to run on an Android phone if it could run BlackBerry apps?

As for the rest I am sure the native Android apps work just fine on his Android. Sure he'd miss out on all those keen travelogues by S4BB though.

I think I would rather have GPS than S4BB if we are speaking of what's missing.
    Your ruining the narrative LOL.
    randall2580 likes this.
    04-06-14 02:48 PM
    Unix owns 99% of PC market share...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    No it isn't. Windows (not Unix based) is around 64 percent, so Unix isn't 99%
    04-06-14 02:50 PM
    it doesn't matter if it (blackberry) has more app..I remember when I first use my Z10, it had a big learning curve to it. So how many people ready for that?
    I owned the Note 3 for awhile and it was easier to work with that phone, things got done faster. Same with the WPhone.

People wants phone that are easy to learn or work with.
    04-06-14 02:53 PM
    I started a thread last month having visited Canada that the absence of BlackBerrys was shockingly apparent - shocking as it had always been such a stronghold.

I didn't actually see one BB10 phone when I was there, but did see a few 9900s. I'm sure the BB10s were out there, but in previous years I'd never had to actively look to find BB phones - the latest and greatest were in use everywhere.

So 15% matches pretty closely to my experience on the ground. Let's definitely hope this changes soon - Canada doesn't feel right not being BlackBerry land!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-06-14 03:06 PM
132 1234 ...