According to Berrylink CN.

"TCL集团董事长,CEO李东生先生发布微 (@李东生)表示“很快我们就能在国内 市场推出黑莓手机,京东将全线首发 莓产品。”李东生先生在今日参观京 总部,并向京东CEO刘强东赠送了最新 发布的黑莓KEYone手机。"

Translate by google translate : TCL Group Chairman and CEO Li publish Tweets (@ LI) called "very soon we will be able to launch BlackBerry in the domestic market, East will start all BlackBerry products. "Mr LI today visited the Beijing-East headquarters and CEO Liu Jingdong KEYone presented the latest release of BlackBerry mobile phones."

As a foreigner living in Shanghai, it's good news if Blackberry are easier to get here (without having to get them from Hong Kong). It would be great move for Blackberry as Chinese market is huge and a device like this could mean "business" and attract a lot of young business man who wants to show off.

Although i wonder what it would mean in terms of security... i don't see the chinese official let blackberry launch a device without having the capacity to acces it on their own market.

Would it mean that Blackberry phones would bring the same confidentiality as any other Android phones finally ? Or would Blackberry release a specifically modified device for this market (Google Play store is not currently available here, you gotta use VPN to acces it).

My understanding is based on the translation, so if Chinese speaker can make the understanding more accurate, or correct it, it would be great too.
    iamagod likes this.
    03-30-17 10:06 PM
    I guess TCL can set up TCL or BlackBerry Play Store in China for an official place to get OS and BlackBerry apps upgrade. We will see. Thanks for the post!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 12:10 AM
    Makes sense, after all TCL is a chinese based company. Only know two people who use a BlackBerry in China so i'm guessing that they will be over the moon

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-02-17 04:54 PM
    If you buy a KEYone in China you can enjoy a locked Play Store and crippled software devoid of many useful apps and full of bloatware. I will never buy a phone here in China, especially one that can't be rooted.

If you rely on things like Google, or plan on using your phone outside of the country, do yourself a favor and continue importing from HK. I do hope it works out for locals, though, as it will help both TCL and BlackBerry.
    04-03-17 08:47 AM
    If you buy a KEYone in China you can enjoy a locked Play Store and crippled software devoid of many useful apps and full of bloatware. I will never buy a phone here in China, especially one that can't be rooted.
    I sometimes wonder if preventing rooting was a good idea.... maybe make it an optional feature like when they sold phones without the camera. Lots of power users like rooting and running apps that require root... power users tend to lead the way and others will follow.
    04-14-17 02:36 PM
    I was actually reading the Chinese part . So weird turns into an English article
    05-21-17 11:06 AM