There are some reports from tech crunch that the Swedish design division shutting down. I guess design is not a priority anymore.

BlackBerry Closing Design Operations In Sweden, Affecting Up To 150 Employees | TechCrunch

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:01 PM
    If true, very sad. Such a squandered opportunity and waste of talent.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:03 PM
    At last they realize their mistake buying TAT. TAT was should vaporware that never made into BB10. All those fancy concepts just turned out to be put in the bin. Another Swedish failure after another like UIQ for example.
    04-25-15 02:17 AM
    At last they realize their mistake buying TAT. TAT was should vaporware that never made into BB10. All those fancy concepts just turned out to be put in the bin. Another Swedish failure after another like UIQ for example.
    Like hub? /s

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 02:23 AM
    TAT made amazing software the unfortunately was killed off before it had a chance to shine.

Both the UI designed for the I'll fated Nokia N9 that never saw a North American release and now being killed off by Blackberry before they had a chance to shine.

They did a lot of concepts? Yes.

Vaporware? No. They had a lot of software, you just never saw any.

Work Wide and Prosper
    04-25-15 02:29 AM
    Vaporware? No. They had a lot of software, you just never saw any.
    I saw many of the concepts from TAT but I was unimpressed with most of them. I'm happy that BB10 went for a functional interface rather than things that fly around like in Windows Phone which doesn't add anything useful.

Just because they shut down this division I think Blackberry still will develop interesting new UI features so I'm not worried about that.
    04-25-15 04:34 AM
    04-25-15 06:22 AM
    TAT is definetly not vaporware, they contributed a lot to BB10 and Gary Klassen was even sent there. But I guess they might not need it now or nee to have in Sweden ??? Although I think it is pretty sad news given the talented bunch of people that worked there. bThis 'again' should be on CB frontpage with on insight analysis....
    04-26-15 03:56 AM
    Thought most of the original talented TAT people left a year or two ago? The ones that were responsible for all the innovative stuff they were designing. They probably offered jobs in Canada with whoever was left that they thought were talented enough to keep.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:56 AM
    At last they realize what I believe was their mistake buying TAT. I thought TAT was should vaporware that never made into BB10. All those fancy concepts just turned out to be put in the bin except for apps like the Scrapbook app, Cascades, design tools, the clock and other things I won't know about because I wasn't there (even though I act like I personally supervised everything). Another Swedish failure after another like UIQ for example.
    Made some updates for you
    thurask and Chonsk like this.
    05-01-15 04:21 PM
    Why so negative...?

Quite a few things made it into BB10...

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-03-15 03:52 PM
    Why so negative...?

Quite a few things made it into BB10...
    Such as?
    techvisor and Maxxxpower like this.
    05-04-15 08:36 AM
    Such as?
    Discussed in other threads... :-)

(too lazy today