09-29-13 10:18 PM
76 1234
tools
    These comments are quality
    09-27-13 02:09 PM
    Not pulling out = ride out current lineup until EOL THEN leave (not long)
    Yeah. Almost the PlayBook redux.
    09-27-13 02:22 PM
    prosumer! this is new idiotic word they have learned
    I have seen the word used before for example in the DSLR camera marketing.

When BlackBerry uses it though, the meaning can be nebulous. Lol.
    09-27-13 02:24 PM
    I think "prosumer" is a code word for "we're going to pull out of the smartphone manufacturing business at the end of 2013 but we don't want to totally kill our pre-holiday 2013 sales by formally saying that".

Incidentally, assuming Blackberry does continue to manufacture smartphones in 2014, exactly what niche are they going to fill that can't already be filled by the market leaders in the smartphone segment? What applications are developers going to create that those developers won't create for mobile operating systems with much larger market share?
    Multi-tasking, security and stability. Plus best in class communications. Phone and various electronic forms. Plus Balance.
    09-27-13 02:26 PM

The firm has made a strategic decision to streamline its portfolio, focusing on four core handsets running its BB10 operating system the Z10, Q10, Q5 and the flagship Z30, which will launch on 27 September and will initially be available exclusively at Selfridges.

BlackBerry denies consumer market exit reports | IT PRO
    This is all one big puzzle, folks. That the piece I quoted above basically says that as of right now, the only BB10 devices are and will be the Z10, Q10, Q5, and the Z30. One could assume then no new phones in 2014. The next piece is a report about BlackBerry's manufacturing partner looking to end their relationship with BlackBerry: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...g-bail-854283/

Put the pieces together and it appears that BlackBerry will no longer produce handsets.
    09-27-13 02:27 PM
    I have seen the word used before for example in the DSLR camera marketing.

When BlackBerry uses it though, the meaning can be nebulous. Lol.
    The problem is, they should have defined what they meant. Taken the initiative. Then, they could say that the percentage of people who are interested in those features is smaller than we had anticipated. "We though more people would be interested in security and multi-tasking but apparently most are interested in watching reruns on a 4.2" screen."
    09-27-13 02:28 PM
    The biggest problem BBRY has is that it does not know how to communicate. It does not know how to anticipate misinterpretations of its statements and have responses prepared ahead of time.
    They were outsmarted by BGR. They were out-dueled by BGR.
    That is sad.
    09-27-13 02:31 PM
    The biggest problem BBRY has is that it does not know how to communicate. It does not know how to anticipate misinterpretations of its statements and have responses prepared ahead of time.
    They were outsmarted by BGR. They were out-dueled by BGR.
    That is sad.
    BGR has its own line of smartphones? Who knew?
    09-27-13 02:36 PM
    BGR has its own line of smartphones? Who knew?
    Yes... they have iPoos!!! did you not know that? :O

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:43 PM
    Did Mr. Young also mention when 10.2 was going to be released and any news about Instagram?
    09-27-13 02:44 PM
    Multi-tasking, security and stability. Plus best in class communications. Phone and various electronic forms. Plus Balance.
    But that's hasn't worked, so what else do you have?
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-27-13 02:44 PM
    Multi-tasking, security and stability. Plus best in class communications.
    All the things the competition offers (or close enough that it's not worth abandoning their current phones)... except with competing phones you can be more productive because you have an overwhelmingly larger amount of apps.

Sorry, that's not going to cut it.
    09-27-13 02:46 PM
    "BlackBerry biggest challenge will be BYOD tide and it's growing trend even in government and big companies."
    I'll be bringing my BlackBerry !
    09-27-13 02:48 PM
    This is the marketing message that has failed to sell BlackBerry 10 devices. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.
    Saiga likes this.
    09-27-13 03:10 PM
    It actually blows my mind that this company was ever capable of making a dollar, much less being the market leader not that long ago. They appear to be some of the most disconnected, incompetent business minds I have ever witnessed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    JeepBB, tmb2013 and Air Force One like this.
    09-27-13 03:12 PM
    OK - now identify business or productivity niches where the BB10 is a major, game-changing step above the competition and where it would make dramatically more sense for a company to use a BB10 device rather than a much more widely-adopted operating system.

That is genuinely the tough part, because while BB10 may be a little better in some areas than the more widely-adopted competition, it probably isn't dramatically better.
    richardat and mset like this.
    09-27-13 03:13 PM
    I think you have bought in to what little marketing BB has done. "Best in class communications"?...seriously? What class would that be?

richardat and johnnyuk like this.
    09-27-13 03:15 PM
    I think you have bought in to what little marketing BB has done. "Best in class communications"?...seriously? What class would that be?

High school.
    09-27-13 03:21 PM
    This is all one big puzzle, folks. That the piece I quoted above basically says that as of right now, the only BB10 devices are and will be the Z10, Q10, Q5, and the Z30. One could assume then no new phones in 2014. The next piece is a report about BlackBerry's manufacturing partner looking to end their relationship with BlackBerry: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...g-bail-854283/

Put the pieces together and it appears that BlackBerry will no longer produce handsets.
    After the Z30, no more BB10 handsets will be released.

The current economic state of the company dictates this.

The leaks of cheaper handsets we have seen recently are most likely the discontinued models reported by the portfolio drop of 6 phones to 4.

If the current Z10 and Q5 stocks, do not sell through to consumers before march 2014, there in no chance of any new BB10 smartphones reaching market.

Hardware is dead for BlackBerry.

HTC will soon be up for sale and acquired due to the ferocious competition and anorexic margins in the hardware business.

In truth, Microsoft missed a trick in not acquiring BlackBerry instead of, or as well as Nokia.
    09-27-13 03:21 PM

In truth, Microsoft missed a trick in not acquiring BlackBerry instead of, or as well as Nokia.
    Forget the finances, buying and selling BB10 devices is an admission that WP isn't good enough on its own, for cultural reasons that will simply never happen regards of any rational business reasons for it to happen.
    09-27-13 03:26 PM
    CEOs having nothing to do in this thread.......
    09-27-13 04:17 PM
    The problem is, they should have defined what they meant. Taken the initiative. Then, they could say that the percentage of people who are interested in those features is smaller than we had anticipated. "We though more people would be interested in security and multi-tasking but apparently most are interested in watching reruns on a 4.2" screen."
    I can define it. "The ever dwindling pool of folks that are willing to pay for the name BlackBerry on devices that are late to the game and riddled with compromises".

Really I hate to be so trollish there but it is starting to **** me off a little.
    Saiga and techvisor like this.
    09-27-13 05:23 PM

The Paratek antenna tech is a start. But the Z30 will be the first device to use it. We'll see how that turns out.
    09-27-13 05:24 PM
    I've given up believing anything those spinmasters at BlackBerry say any more. I think i'd get more honest and reliable information from the local janitor than from BB
    09-27-13 10:47 PM
    To me, Blackberry is stuck competing with devices of a different era. For example, BBM with its single-device identity. Nobody noticed it was a problem until now because Blackberry users don't migrate their communications to tablets or desktops running the same OS. However, iOS users do it all the time, most commonly between iPhone and iPads. It juat has always worked that way. Now BBM has to tackle something that is pretty complex - synchronization if its going to be even in the same league with natively-installed iMessage.

This is the 5th birthday for Android as the G1 was launched on T-Mobile exactly five years ago. Pretty amazing when you think about it. 5 years - the time it takes to pay of the typical new car loan.
    09-27-13 11:33 PM
76 1234